Thread: Overlay.html

Deleted

Overlay.html

When browsing around certain threads on MMO-Champion, I'm getting an automatic download of the above element. I presume this has something to do with rendering MMO-Champion but I'm being overly cautious and posting here in case someone else has seen this suddenly appear in their downloads folder and has a better answer for what it is.

A bit of googling around suggests that this is from some sort of ad delivery service hosted by Amazon. Does anyone have an idea why I would be getting these partial downloads?

Looks like this was moved. Sorry for placing it incorrectly to begin with!
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-04-16 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are using safari, instead of download, it acts as auto-redirect to a page with an ad banner and nothing else. This renders the site unusable, outside disabling ads or having precise timing to stop the redirect as it happens. Being on an iPad, I do not have a way to disable ads... But, am looking into it now...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    I guess that makes sense. Opening the html file with a browser gives me a blank page while viewing it in a text editor suggests it should just be a green character. I guess that means I'll be reinstalling ad-block for a bit.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Just thought I'd say I had this as well yesterday, but haven't experienced it so far today.

Deleted
    Yes, also nothing happening today. I guess it might just have been a particular ad that was getting served up.