What's up with Resto Mana Costs?

Hey there!

I was reading the patch notes and got a bit shocked looking at the mana costs for Shammies. I have probably missed something from the last patch notes (Like, energy recovery rate for mana lol) or it's completely wrong. I don't play resto so I really don't know much about it (only that they hate my divine star).

Shaman
    • Chain Heal now costs 19.5% of Base Mana, down from 20.5%.
    • Healing Rain now costs 55% of Base Mana, down from 58%.
    • Healing Stream Totem now costs 10.5% of Base Mana, down from 11%.
    • Telluric Currents - Your attunement to natural energies causes your Lightning Bolt spell to restore 1.25% of your maximum mana instead of costing mana.
    • Earth Shield now costs 22.5% of Base Mana, down from 23.5%. Now heals for 40% of Spell Power, rather than 2,554 + 62.3% of Nature Spell Power.
    • Healing Tide Totem now costs 7.5% of Base Mana, down from 8%.
    • Healing Wave now costs 18.5% of Base Mana, down from 19.5%.
    • Riptide now costs 14.5% of Base Mana, down from 15.5%.
    Does resto have some passive that reduces those mana costs? Doesn't seem to me mentioned there.
    Is the base mp5 so high that it covers those values? Casting about 10 ligthning bolts (considering passive mp5 while you're casting them) to recover the mana of your lowest cost single target healing ability?
    May be silly for you that know a lot more about shamans than me, but those numbers seem really off (considering other healers 1%~10% mana costs for most spells, even considering spellpower amount, since blizz said they don't want people being topped instantly).

Can anyone shed a light on this (no one seems to be talking about it on the thread)?
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-04-17 at 12:37 PM.

Base mana and Total mana for all the Hybrids are two different things.

As a Shaman, you have 60k Base mana in lvl 90. Your total mana as Elemental or Restoration Shaman is 300k.

Same goes for Paladins and Druids

God, I feel so dumb now! It is base mana percentage, didn't realize base referreed to the 60k. That's why they seem off for priests, for example, which all specs have 300k mana.

Got it now, thanks for the reply!