Deleted

How do Destro locks Gem for Challenge modes these days?

Ive grinded a decent CM set for my lock but im unsure on how the gemming works in CMS for destro, could anybody guve me some advice please? thanks fellers.

On a side note, is destro or Demo better for CMs these days?

go Destro full clear, it was easy as hell.
    I gemmed mastery reforged mastery and it was cake.

Deleted
    That true? the BiS list some of the top CM players made states you need to gem pretty much full int for destro.

Deleted
    I had a bad mix of intellect and mastery and was still doing pretty well. it's really easy for destro's

Deleted
    You cannot go wrong with intellect gems. Instead of gemming, I reforge Critical Strike and Haste to Mastery.

On the other hand I do have a question as well. Besides Relic of Yu'lon and Zen Alchemist Stone which are working trinkets? I need an alternative because I cannot afford Relic of Yu'lon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frint View Post
    You cannot go wrong with intellect gems. Instead of gemming, I reforge Critical Strike and Haste to Mastery.

On the other hand I do have a question as well. Besides Relic of Yu'lon and Zen Alchemist Stone which are working trinkets? I need an alternative because I cannot afford Relic of Yu'lon.
    The Elegon Trinket is solid, and the Trinket from Dominance Offensive can be great, too. It's nice because of the on use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    On a side note, is destro or Demo better for CMs these days?
    I would agree destro is strong with its toolkit for most. Ember tap can save a run and shadowburn is a solid execute with the amount of large trash pulls. Destro AoE burst does not require the same level of resource pooling Demo does which makes things easier.

Demo can be strong on some of them, like the scarlet zones which have multiple larger packs of casters that can wipe a group quickly. Demo brings an extra AoE silence on a short 10s cooldown as well as single interrupt from felguard for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    The Elegon Trinket is solid, and the Trinket from Dominance Offensive can be great, too. It's nice because of the on use.
    This ^

Go full int and get as many sockets as you can on your gear. Int is twice the better than any stat on this itemlevel.

Reforge everything else to mastery

Athame of the Sanguine Ritual it's very good also

Gems have nothing to do with anything all that matters is having a talented group and knowing the tricks and secrets on how to move threw the instance and you will be successful and get Golds.

I didn't change any gems enchants or reforging. Cast times like chaos bolt take what feels like days though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Gems have nothing to do with anything all that matters is having a talented group and knowing the tricks and secrets on how to move threw the instance and you will be successful and get Golds.
    Yeah don't bother with gems enchants or reforging, actually while you're at it don't even bother having gear on.

Regardless of how easy/hard CM modes can be he's asking what he should be gemming, and the right answer is Intellect. Every little bit helps.

are you trying to go for world first times? Or are you just trying to get through gold times.

int is supposed to be better at lower gear levels, and most likely is, but if you are aiming for gold you can go with what you got as gems.