Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

38 million gallons of drinking water will be drained because someone peed in it

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...8_million.html

You can't make this shit up. The city of Portland is going to flush 38 million gallons of drinking water because a 19 year old kid was caught on camera peeing into the reservoir.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Bit silly really considering water is already recycled, unless he pissed into the section that had already been treated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. well heres a suggestion, urm, maybe make the reservoir more protected?

How many birds do you think fly over it and drop there shit or piss into such a thing, its open air.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...8_million.html

You can't make this shit up. The city of Portland is going to flush 38 million gallons of drinking water because a 19 year old kid was caught on camera peeing into the reservoir.
    I don't think flushing it is that big of a deal.

I think its ridiculous but the reservoir will fill back up and the rest of the water will just go through the water cycle and end up somewhere else.

In my opinion, they should send the kid a water bill for 380million gallons of water. ( ~$30 Million)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Bit silly really considering water is already recycled, unless he pissed into the section that had already been treated.
    There is a small risk. Small risk is enough risk.

It was already treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    I don't think flushing it is that big of a deal.

I think its ridiculous but the reservoir will fill back up and the rest of the water will just go through the water cycle and end up somewhere else.

In my opinion, they should send the kid a water bill for 380million gallons of water. ( ~$30 Million)

If the water is going to be reused why do you want to send a 30m water bill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    It was already treated.
    Then i can't really fault them for flushing it all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is a small risk. Small risk is enough risk.
    Small risk but its just ridiculous because of the amount of wildlife that gets into these reservoirs.

Could have AIDS. Imagine explaining that to the president if it turns out that he does.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Because they are still flushing it. I wouldn't flush it to begin with. But I'm not upset that they are. And since they are flushing it as a direct result of his actions, they should just send the cost to him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Could have AIDS. Imagine explaining that to the president if it turns out that he does.
    That's actually a good point, the risk of contracting a disease from a persons bodily fluids is typically higher than of a different species if I am remembering correctly.

This made me LOL then it made me kinda sad, what waste of good water and money.

Yeah, but water has memory! Homeopathy, yo!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to cost the taxpayers $35,000.
    Eat yo vegetables

that guy should get fired. there is literally know difference between piss from a human and piss from other animals - and like trassk said all the bird shit is no doubt way more "harmful" to people. and by harmful i mean inconsequential and not harmful at all.

portland residents should really call for this asshole's job.

How many animals have piss, crapped or died in that very same water?
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    38 million gallons it a drop in the bucket if that have over 100million+ gallons coming that's uncontaminated in it, so who cares?
    How many birds shit in that water? How many contaminants get blown into by wind?

And they're going to flush 38 million gallons over a little urine?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a good point, the risk of contracting a disease from a persons bodily fluids is typically higher than of a different species if I am remembering correctly.
    actually yeah thats a fine point.
    But then why do they have such an open air reservoir then with nothing but a fence around it. I'm quite certain nobody as a wang that large that it couldn't fit between those fence posts.

An easy to get to ring around the whole thing, and a fence you could easily climb. F**k, just be thankful it was piss and not someone with a lethal virus.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-04-17 at 03:57 PM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This is a good point, and it's noted in the article, “That doesn’t include pee. Not from people, at least.”

Just got me thinking, why isn't the city's drinking water more protected?
    Now I'm genuinely curious too. If I were a terrorist with AIDS, this would be my number one tactic.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.