Why do people spam "BRAZIL <3" on Facebook pictures of celebrities?

So, every time I go on Facebook, you see some photos of celebrities that you've "Like"d mixed in with updates from friends and other pages. One thing I've always seen an obscene amount of (and more so recently) are people just spamming "BRASIL <3" all over these pages - with each of the comments getting crazy likes. See below for an example:

While it's not always that crazy, plenty of celebrities (From my experience, it seems to typically be female singers) are still finding one or two of the top comments to be the same. Here are a couple more examples:

(She has clothes on, but not much so I censored.)

Honestly, I've got no problem with it. I know some people might be up in arms because they like to get angry about things, but I'm more curious than anything. Are they really just insanely passionate people? Did the entire culture just learn about social media and now they're abusing it?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

BRASIL <3

huehuehuehuehue
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Because they are likely from Brasil. I've seen the same thing, with other countries including Brasil.

Deleted
    br? br? br? heuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuhhuehuehuehuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuehuhehue

It's another casual meme, just like Bob was on Youtube and Rage Comics everywhere else.
    I even started my reply with one of them; the obnoxious brazillian meme.

My guess is that the government party bots are trying a campaign (with no success) of showing a supportive, warm country.
    As everything that is created by people with more experience in terrorism, bombings and shootings than State Business, they have no idea how international politics works.

Their main reason is to keep an false image of a great developing country, probably to keep Lula's paid speeches around the world.
    Last Monday, Veja magazine published about an ongoing investigation of Brazil Feds, about the social networks being used to promote the government, with even computers in State company ELETROBRAS being part of bot farm.

LONG HISTORY SHORT: Brazilian Government + FIFA WORLD CUP + Fake Profiles = Marketing Campaign.

Any doubt, check the profiles typing "Brazil <3".

When in doubt, suspect idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    My guess is that the government party bots are trying a campaign (with no success) of showing a supportive, warm country.
    As everything that is created by people with more experience in terrorism, bombings and shootings than State Business, they have no idea how international politics works.

Their main reason is to keep an false image of a great developing country, probably to keep Lula's paid speeches around the world.
    Last Monday, Veja magazine published about an ongoing investigation of Brazil Feds, about the social networks being used to promote the government, with even computers in State company ELETROBRAS being part of bot farm.

LONG HISTORY SHORT: Brazilian Government + FIFA WORLD CUP + Fake Profiles = Marketing Campaign.

Any doubt, check the profiles typing "Brazil <3".
    I dont know where you live in but you got EXACTLY what we, Brazilians, feels about all this world cup sh*t and media manipulation we see on a everyday basis around here.

Deleted
    Marketing campaign, World Cup 2014. All you need to know.