Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.
    And why not? If there is nothing going on,players would complain Blizzard doesn't care about the community. If they show they are still willing to put time,effort and money into projects for the community,in which the community will decide and vote on stuff,players would still complain.

This will have zero impact on WoD's development,as this is just Blizzard's side project to further connect existing players to WoW as well as bring new players in.

Dude is not building bikes for free.
    Exactly. The bikes will be free for the winning faction. Except for potential new players,Blizzard has no real gain from this.

Deleted
    But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.
    Money is clearly not an issue when it comes to WoW development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I always like it when people with no idea about anything tell companies how they should spend their money. Everyone in the internet can create a successful multi million company, right? They just don't do it because they got better things to do
    Exactly.

But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.
    Won't ≠ can't

They said they pushed back release because they had ideas to make Garrisons and Ashran better.

If they had just scrapped Garrisons, model update, Ashran altogether, they'd probably be announcing this month for a release in June.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    You are correct this completely fudges WoD up as the entire blizzard design team is working on it. /endsarcasm.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    First, they have never once said anything has ever came at the cost of a raid tier.
    Second, your ignorance is shining through, by your first two posts in this silly thread it is highly obvious you have zero idea of the goings on inside Blizzard, you also have Zero idea of who does what, so you should really stop talking about it, or learn, because it just looks silly

Edit: all 3 of your posts currently, show the high levels of ignorance, Haters gonna hate, right?

I think it's great, nothing wrong with some fun, scrooge.
    http://wow.stratics.com/edit/games-t...quality-yield/

Certainly there will be updates and changes as the expansion progresses, but I don’t believe there’s any current intention to add full sets of additional buildings. If we were to work on those for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier. That is where that work would come from. We have to make decisions on how to spend our time.
    Oh wait they did say that. Your ignorance is shining through. You have zero idea what you are talking about. It makes you look silly.

Now please leave my thread

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Oh wait they did say that. Your ignorance is shining through. You have zero idea what you are talking about. It makes you look silly.

You do know that they haven't exactly ordered every single game developer down to the garage to help build the actual bikes... Right? The guys who develop WoD have fuck-all to do with this. If your logic made sense, then every time they patched Diablo or StarCraft, WoW would suffer from it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

That's why I said Money!=Resources. Money doesn't make a day longer than 24 hours, money doesn't make people work 16 hours a day to get finished. It's also not a very good use of money to hire endless numbers of developers and other stuff, the bigger the staff, the greater the chance of miscommunication and other fuck ups. If Blizzard feel they have enough developers on the job, then that's how it is. The extra cash is just to satisfy the shareholders.

Pot calling the kettle black.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

You aren't the boss of him. Take your angry attitude else where. You also took him out of context. He's referring to Garrisons in terms of art design. THIS? THIS HARDLY DOES ANY ART WHATSOEVER COMPARED TO GARRISONS.

So no, you are wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just like how the South Park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft" delayed TBC release by a couple months....

Deleted
    Im pretty sure this show was made few months back and they are running it now.

Complaining for the sake of complaining. Gotta love it.

It's a publicity stunt and fun thing, has ZERO effect on WoD I'd dare wager.

It is publicity/advertising, all businesses have money set aside to do these things, this is not eating into the expansions funds. Seriously, use your head for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    Oh you mean the same series that came out 18 weeks into the MoP beta?

I expect we lost a raid tier due to this, an MoP one or a WoD one your guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You aren't the boss of him. Take your angry attitude else where. You also took him out of context. He's referring to Garrisons in terms of art design. THIS? THIS HARDLY DOES ANY ART WHATSOEVER COMPARED TO GARRISONS.

So no, you are wrong.
    Poster claimed I was wrong but I proved it was an actual quote from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's just like how the South Park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft" delayed TBC release by a couple months....
    Yeah, that was by far the worst decision they've ever made!

10+ Year Old Account
    Poster claimed I was wrong but I proved it was an actual quote from Blizzard.
    Which you took out of context. So you're still wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a little-known fact that WoW required all of its developers to be automotive engineering majors in addition to their other proficiencies, just in case an opportunity like this arose... Why, it's completely sensible to think the entire art team stopped making models just so that they could forge the steel necessary to make these bikes...

Yeah, no. This has absolutely no effect on WoD's production schedule. Anyone that thinks that it does is saying so to try and pass blame on blizzard.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Oh you mean the same series that came out 18 weeks into the MoP beta?

I expect we lost a raid tier due to this, an MoP one or a WoD one your guess is as good as mine.
    If you honestly think that, then that's beyond laughable.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann