Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642

    Why Azeroth Choppers?

    As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.


    This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,648
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.

  4. #4
    How can you possibly think this has any affect on the development of WoD? I see zero reasons why you would think this.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  5. #5
    It reaches out to a new audience. More people exposed to Warcraft, more people playing Warcraft, more money, more resources.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.
    And you think what? That they had to fire a few staff to make this happen?
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How can you possibly think this has any affect on the development of WoD? I see zero reasons why you would think this.
    Dude is not building bikes for free.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Dude is not building bikes for free.
    Your point is?

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.


    This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?
    First, they have never once said anything has ever came at the cost of a raid tier.
    Second, your ignorance is shining through, by your first two posts in this silly thread it is highly obvious you have zero idea of the goings on inside Blizzard, you also have Zero idea of who does what, so you should really stop talking about it, or learn, because it just looks silly

    Edit: all 3 of your posts currently, show the high levels of ignorance, Haters gonna hate, right?

    I think it's great, nothing wrong with some fun, scrooge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  10. #10
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.
    Yes God forbid that Blizzard does something for FUN. God forbid that they try to get the community to get together behind something. God forbid these heretical acts of fun and comradery!
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Your point is?
    I imagine his point is that someone had to take time to plan, manage the ideas, manage the payments and coordinate this rather than "some guy said 'please' and it's being done independently for free."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-04-17 at 06:54 PM. Reason: grammar
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor
    You answered it yourself.

  13. #13
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Dude is not building bikes for free.
    So, Blizzard giving a check to a bike-builder clearly takes away funds from WoD... Yes, seems *very* logical.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,550
    Its just a free comerical for them. You are not watching a show...you are watching a 55 minute wow comercial and nothing else.

    Same as:

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    471
    Considering they're a near billion dollar company, I think they can spare a few employees and some external camera crew to make something cool like this. What a lot of people get caught up in is the fact that they think WoW is a team of 50 people hammering away on keyboards 24/7 for a year to make an expansion. In reality, the WoW team alone is a few hundred people, they have more than enough resources to do things like this.

    Chris Metzen is most likely done with the story as a whole seeing as they're moving into Alpha/Beta, the xpac is essentially finished at this point. I'm sure he has minions overseeing anything that needs to be dealt with. The other guy leading team Horde doesn't even work on WoW, he's SC and HotS so that's irrelevant. I can't speak for the other 4 people but I'm sure there are 5-10 other folks that work in the same capacity they do.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Dude is not building bikes for free.
    It's a piss in the ocean considering how much green they have. They could have him build two dozen for all I care. Money!=Resources.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    It's a piss in the ocean considering how much green they have. They could have him build two dozen for all I care. Money!=Resources.
    But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    Pretty much. I don't understand why everyone thinks that Blizzard has only one development pipeline from which to push content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.
    Throwing money at something doesn't magically make it. There is a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"



  19. #19
    I always like it when people with no idea about anything tell companies how they should spend their money. Everyone in the internet can create a successful multi million company, right? They just don't do it because they got better things to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Throwing money at something doesn't magically make it. There is a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"
    Nah, we all know that +100% Devs equals +100% content.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-04-17 at 07:01 PM.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  20. #20
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.
    Take off the tinfoil hat and get with reality. Also, do you run a billion dollar company? No? Well, then I'm going to assume you don't know too much about how to manage ressources.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •