Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this seems more like advertising than developing to me. the series is a form of advertisement. after the bikes are made, then the same people that would create any of the typical 40 or 50 expansion mounts will just replace one of them with this replica bike model. no lost development time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I am 100% sure this is just a hate post thread out of anger that Blizzard made small 9 minute clip videos where all they are doing is talking (the work in this show is done by Paul Jr's crew so Blizzard isn't using their time making the bikes which means it still helps them to work on the game) while the devs are still working on the xpac.

I can honestly say that Blizzard is not halting anything due to this cool chopper show. It's Blizzard "Entertainment" and Blizzard is entertaining us right now while they work on the expansion, the MOBA, Hearthstone, the new MMO, and so on. I say kudos to Blizzard and if people don't like it then just unsub and play something else. Makes it worse by raging about it in a "forum" XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    this seems more like advertising than developing to me. the series is a form of advertisement. after the bikes are made, then the same people that would create any of the typical 40 or 50 expansion mounts will just replace one of them with this replica bike model. no lost development time.
    They will likely do both, but the winner will get it first, to make it seem like a competition. No way they won't put both in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Dude is not building bikes for free.
    You're right, Paul Jr wouldn't do it for free. However, tossing some money at the project has ZERO effect on development of any Blizzard game.

And the Blizzard employees involved in the build are basically done with their work on WoD anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    You're right, Paul Jr wouldn't do it for free. However, tossing some money at the project has ZERO effect on development of any Blizzard game.

And the Blizzard employees involved in the build are basically done with their work on WoD anyway.
    OP believes that adding more crew to development will make the work go faster which isn't how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post

Pretty much have to agree with this. Not to mention its just something else to give players to look forward to and another small piece of content to add to the game. This show last all the way through May so it is something to look forward to in June(ish) along with beta around May/June. It's all about the hype machine.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Where's the blizzard tattoo on your ass? They implied it, and that is about as seedy a tactic as a politician saying they will do something when elected,

On that note, yeeeaaaah bikes whoo!

Also, if they auction the bike off, for charity or otherwise, I am sure there are very wealthy wow players who would spend a fortune on it
    I don't have to ask about tattoos on you, because you're clearly just an ass, so why not. I'm not defending a company, I'm pointing out stupidity. People take 'Yea we're going to try and be faster on that' as 'OMG THEY PROMISED KILL THEM ALL!', that's not right, and is frankly just childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh no, Blizz are doing something FUN, something that MAY bring in more customers to their game! QUCK, TO THE QQ-CAVE!"

Really? Must people bitch and moan at EVERY. Single. Little. Thing Blizzard does?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    I think a lot of the frustration stems in that blizzard completely ignores that they obviously had to delay the expansion by a lot since Blizzcon. People feel like when spending money on something they at lesat deserve some proper, not just any, feedback about whats going on and not just a wall of "we never PROMISED anything lol jkz"

It's pretty clear to me that the 6 people involved in this chopper thing is going to cost us a raid tier in the expansion after WoD.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-04-18 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that the 6 people involved in this chopper thing is going to cost us a raid tier in the expansion after WoD.
    This joke wasn't funny. Stop it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nobody said it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.

This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?
    You anti-Blizzard people are trying so hard it's just plain sad now. It's a miracle if i can read a sentence without laughing at the desperation attempts.

You honestly believe this cost a raid tier? Damn that's a desperate comment. You have zero idea what your talking about like most that banter about Blizzard.

For the 2nd comment you should just stop your embarrassing yourself.

- And i do enjoy the side projects because am not a miserable fuck in life that bitches about everything.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-04-17 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    But they could have re-allocated money that was obviously not going to be well utilized out of the apparently bloated marketing department budget and then put that money into hiring developers, artists, programmers, and other people who make new content possible. How is this hard to understand for people?
    Are you going to be accusing blizzard for also not putting money into WoD because they also had to develop reaper of souls and are developing heroes of the storm?

Blizzard isn't "not hiring artists" because they're "strapped for cash." It'd be stupid to think that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-04-17 at 09:56 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Its not even a competition. No matter what lop of crap they bring out for the horde bike or how awesome the alliance bike could be it doesn't matter. Its the public voting therefore the winner will be the horde bike. The whole thing is just a distraction to keep you from realizing there is NOTHING going on in the game for another half a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I think a lot of the frustration stems in that blizzard completely ignores that they obviously had to delay the expansion by a lot since Blizzcon. People feel like when spending money on something they at lesat deserve some proper, not just any, feedback about whats going on and not just a wall of "we never PROMISED anything lol jkz"
    People keep asking for "feedback." What the hell does that even mean? Their daily production schedule?

Regardless of their interaction with the community, it'll be done when it's done. No amount of people asking "are you there yet?" is going to make it move faster.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Azeroth Herbalists > Azeroth Choppers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People keep asking for "feedback." What the hell does that even mean? Their daily production schedule?

Regardless of their interaction with the community, it'll be done when it's done. No amount of people asking "are you there yet?" is going to make it move faster.
    I think some sort of information would be nice. Last night when EU servers crapped out completely there was no info on it. The website was down, no pop up in the launcher, not even a tweet on the EU twitter account.
    They say they'd like to release content quicker. They may not have made any promises, but it's obvious that they can't manage this. When people are annoyed by the lack of content right now, people just say "Oh would you prefer having some shitty Halion 2.0 or wait for the good stuff?" Why is there no middleway? Why is there no back up plan in case an expansion release gets pushed further away?
    Surely they must notice the numbers of people unsubscribing. The last official update showed an increase, but from my friends and guildies at least 6 people unsubscribed lately due to feeling like the 12,99€ a month is no longer worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    I think some sort of information would be nice. Last night when EU servers crapped out completely there was no info on it. The website was down, no pop up in the launcher, not even a tweet on the EU twitter account.
    That's just general day-to-day stuff.

They say they'd like to release content quicker. They may not have made any promises, but it's obvious that they can't manage this. When people are annoyed by the lack of content right now, people just say "Oh would you prefer having some shitty Halion 2.0 or wait for the good stuff?" Why is there no middleway? Why is there no back up plan in case an expansion release gets pushed further away?
    Surely they must notice the numbers of people unsubscribing. The last official update showed an increase, but from my friends and guildies at least 6 people unsubscribed lately due to feeling like the 12,99€ a month is no longer worth it.
    Even things like Halion and Ruby Sanctum still took time to make. "Contingency plans" can't be made to create lasting content without effort going into them. And content usually takes longer to make than it would ever last.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I don't have to ask about tattoos on you, because you're clearly just an ass, so why not. I'm not defending a company, I'm pointing out stupidity. People take 'Yea we're going to try and be faster on that' as 'OMG THEY PROMISED KILL THEM ALL!', that's not right, and is frankly just childish.
    No, I'm blunt. And I will bluntly tell you, no.

First. they implied that WoD was further along than MoP

Second. They have said for a long time, things would be faster

Third. They threw around "Wanting" a summer release

It's underhanded, and it isn't good business. If I pulled that shit on a company I was supplying? I would no longer be supplying for that company

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think it's funny. Let us continue to remind ourselves this was once used as a bullshit excuse. The North never forgets