Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those complaining about Blizzard apparently "wasting time" on this when they have WoD to complete etc...You should probably watch the video again... It was probably filmed back when StarCraft was having it's 15th year anniversary. The banners for it are up at the Blizz HQ.
    Last edited by Ammeg; 2014-04-18 at 09:34 AM.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

Deleted
    They're not wasting money, this is just a tie-in into the WoW storyline that Metzen has been working on.

At the end of the web show, Paul Jr. will escape with both bikes through a portal and we'll have to find him in Draenor in order to rescue the Bikes of Destiny before he can hand them over to Garrosh (that would be catastrophic, because all 40 year old rock dudes would die in nerdgasm from all the cheesy heavy metal references).
    Alliance has to work with Varian as he tries to put Anduin through bike driving lessons in the Garrison (there will be some minigames, like avoiding cones etc). There will be nationwide campaigns with "Don't be a jerk, drive like Anduin"-posters at all DMV's.
    In the end there will be a new raid where the bosses are stars from reality shows that failed 10 years ago, but Blizzard staff still watches daily. Harris Pilton will make re-appearance and you can buy her dog from the cash shop for $45.

Sorry, that was probably too many WoD spoilers in one go..

10+ Year Old Account
    Aiiht...... a few things, that seem to be unclear here...
    It was mentioned in the vid already, but might not have reached the heads of some..
    The maker of the bikes...... Paul Jr is one of the sons of Paul Teutul Sr.. Those guys are around the block for a long time already, and are the most famous custom bike makers in the Western hemisphere. Hardly will those bikes be free advertising, like someone said. They will cost quite a junk of money, the Teutuls aren't cheap. They have a reputation and unique skill sets to offer..
    (On that note, I find it highly unlikely that they would purposely build a shitty bike, just so the other one can win)..
    What do WE get out of this?
    Nothing...
    Other than a free mount we have absolutely zero benefit, if we leave out the entertaining aspect of the whole story.
    Do we suffer in any way, shape or form with our game because of this?
    Nope..
    Not a fucking thing.
    The money that's involved with this project comes out of the public relations/advertisement account of the company. It's a publicity event, nothing more nothing less.
    It's some seven or eight weeks of being in the "news"... It helps bridging/filling somewhat the gap of waiting time between the company's two biggest projects,
    WoD and Warcraft Movie.
    Nothing wrong with that at all.
    Imo, I find Blizzard apparently finally woke up and plays the game the way it's played as a company. They've been living off their reputation alone for way too long. The advertisement campaigns for every single expansion have been amateurish at best. And why not, if the name World of Warcraft by itself is already advertisement enough to draw millions of subscriptions.
    In the long run we might just benefit from it through a longer lifetime of the game.....
    Time will tell.

I would be a lot more interested what is going to happen with the bikes once they are ready...
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-04-18 at 09:57 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I would be a lot more interested what is going to happen with the bikes once they are ready...
    I'd imagine they might auction them off... however, they'd probably run into problems with them being street legal and other complications with selling them and what would be done with it. So they might just drop them down in Blizzard headquarters next to that statue of Raynor and call it a day.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see nothing wrong with blizzard trying to get people together to have fun instead of slobs sitting at home doing nothing but complaining, this company is stealing your money and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If people can't communicate maturely or constructively and most of the time it isn't the former, they can't complain.
    Hah its funny you should say that because yes, yes they can. How are you going to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes God forbid that Blizzard does something for FUN. God forbid that they try to get the community to get together behind something. God forbid these heretical acts of fun and comradery!
    How about they bring said fun, and community to their game?, why not updated in-game events, redoing the holidays in fun ways instead of lame shows that haven't been relevant in a decade. instead of the last content of MoP lasting a year make an event with Garroshs cronies trying to break him out something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Actually yeah I can, there are laws that protect my right to complain.
    Well actually no, they don't protect you, at least on privately own forums.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I don't see nothing wrong with blizzard trying to get people together to have fun instead of slobs sitting at home doing nothing but complaining, this company is stealing your money and such.
    Fortunately slobs who sit home and do whatever the fuck and pay to play the game is what gets Blizzard payed. They should really remember that. Or the slobs might just take their money elsewhere and let's see Blizzard enjoying choppers and shit on Metzen's bad boy writing and fanboy alms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    For those complaining about Blizzard apparently "wasting time" on this when they have WoD to complete etc...You should probably watch the video again... It was probably filmed back when StarCraft was having it's 15th year anniversary. The banners for it are up at the Blizz HQ.
    It takes the same amount of time and resources regardless of when they filmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It takes the same amount of time and resources regardless of when they filmed it.
    Yes, it takes away time and resources from the marketing team. Oh the horrors.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes, it takes away time and resources from the marketing team. Oh the horrors.
    And getting with other people who won't bow down to the almighty Blizzard won't make the WoD beta happen any sooner.
    Nor does it successfully hide your feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.

This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?
    It'll cost you 1 raiding tier? Try 2, aside from that it'll delay WoD by a ton aswell. I bet blizzard has every single developer focusing on building a chopper. I mean, they'll have to, I think most developers know jack shit about building a chopper. :/

Seriously though, the people involved probably already largely did their job for the expansion (I know Metzen probably has, I feel like most of the story for the entire expansion is probably already panned out). The people (assuming it isn't just the 1 guy) designing the choppers have 0 to do with Blizzard aside from this project, neither do the people building the actual chopper. The only work Blizzard developers put into the project was the trailer, which doesn't take up that much time, neither does it consume time from the art work team or the team designing bosses. The intro animation is probably not even done by the WoW team, anyone could have made it.

I always liked these fun side things (like mohawk grenades or the celebrity commercials), really sucks that some people just have to complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Fortunately slobs who sit home and do whatever the fuck and pay to play the game is what gets Blizzard payed. They should really remember that. Or the slobs might just take their money elsewhere and let's see Blizzard enjoying choppers and shit on Metzen's bad boy writing and fanboy alms.
    That's pretty innacurate, it doesn't matter if you play 1 hour a day or 24, you still buy the expansions and pay the monthly fee. Unless there's some "slob" fee I'm unaware of that requires you to pay extra.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2014-04-18 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I always liked these fun side things (like mohawk grenades or the celebrity commercials), really sucks that some people just have to complain about everything.
    I agree. I really enjoy stuff like this and I can't see how people are this ignorant to think that this will 'come at the cost of WoD content'. This has literally nothing to do with content.

The only thing that 'might' cost us perhaps one junk item icon is the making of the chopper model itself when it's finished and ready to be put in the game.

Haters gonna hate.

Seriously that's what this comes down to more than anything else. People are looking to piss in their own Cheerios these days and then complain about it to everyone that they pissed in their own Cheerios.

I endorse this. I like the idea of Azeroth Choppers and I hope to see something cool like this later on down the pike. Maybe a charity build for Make a Wish foundation that the players can actually bid on for real (which would be tremendously cool). We need things like this so that nonplayers can see the game and maybe catch an interest in it and besides it's just some harmless fun.

Remember that word? Fun? It used to be what gaming was about before people got so utterly full of themselves and having "l33t skillz" that they became pretentious twats that raked a company over the coals for being a month off target in terms of releasing a game.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Ah, so you do see something wrong with it?

publicity stunt. OP probably sees the WoW staff in the video and sees them doing something other than working on the game ... 6 people not working on the xpac; but that was pretty much for a meeting or two; not for the entire bike build. The monetary resources are meaningless in the greater scheme; one should be more mad at fancy store mounts being sold to you, which were at least initially created (the first one) from sub funds that became company equity.

This Paul Jr is the asshat that begged to be given shares of his father's company, then tried to sue to get more money out of it ... when he came in to work late, left when he felt like it, dicked around, and got to basically piss away money hand over fist with his family from the success of the show. What a spoiled little rich whiny bratty kid. At least his other brother on the show owned up to who he was and didn't try to screw the business and family for greed and to support his wife's failed business venture.

I have no problem with them doing this; I'm sure the bikes will be at the HQ with all their other Blizzard themed stuff. For the people who work for Blizz, it is pretty damn cool to have a place to work at with some character. The web series itself is fan service and to attract new players.

the better quest is.
    why didnt they do this sooner?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor