Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WHOA! I'm loving that Horde bike base!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Actually, it's their money. Funny thing
    And I assume you have a source for that claim? Or are you going to pedantically tell me I should provide my own source for a claim I didn't make?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

for the horde!

Deleted
    It was really awkward, couldn't watch through.
    Old guys pretending they're cool 20-somethings, doing a reality show concept that was popular over 10 years ago.. yeah, that's the Blizzard finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist..

I dislike the Alliance one the most. Two tracks on that bike looks a bit awkward to me.
    But it can still be something cool ofcourse. I guess they got their inspiration from a Dwarven Tank or something.

The balance with the tracks on the horde one is much better.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2014-04-18 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    I remember when we paid a sub for new content. Blizzard fans would re-assure us, you're getting a lot more new content than with other games. Your money is worth it.

Then, when the content between paid expansions dried up, it was the customer service. You pay a sub for that 2 minute conversation you have with a GM maybe once in your years of playing WoW.

Now that it's a half hour wait to get a hold of a rep on the phone, apparently we're being charged for the privilege of using Blizzard's servers. If you don't think WoW is extremely profitable you must be naive. The profits they make covers the expenses of running the servers 10000x over. So much so that it allows the rich executives to have a nice little motorcycle party with our money.

I wish I was a powerful blizzard big wig. I'd take a "promotional" trip to Hawaii, to "promote" the game. Heck, I might even cook up an excuse to use the player base's money to meet a few of my favorite celebrities, and to buy me a cool new vehicle. And they would love me for it, and they'd defend me taking advantage of them on internet forums while I went out and played with their money.

Even if you want to pretend this thinly veiled ploy to goof off with some company cash is a legit promotion, it could only be considered a massive failure. Alienating the faction that's already unpopular and receiving much less attention lore wise in the coming expansion is an awful idea. Working with a program that isn't even popular with the player base is another huge folly, and it really provides pretty clear insight into their true motivations. How could you consider this a marketing success when most of the player base is annoyed, enraged, or indifferent about it?

Rather than taking our money and buying themselves cool motorcycles, they could have done some kind of promotion with The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, programs that are actually popular among their players. They could have some kind of Walking Dead zombie invasion in game, giving us some much needed entertainment before the coming (someday) expansion.
    Quite a rant over something so petty, there is no need to get so upset.

Just unsub, step away from the keyboard and do something else for a bit.

It's really that simple
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Why did the guy representing the horde keep lowering his voice? To sound cool? I used to do that when my voice started changing 10 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    cool, i liked Paul jr too, his dad was a dumbass anyway,

For the HORDE !
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Technically, you pay a sub to access the game servers.
    I know people like to bring this up and act as lawyers, but yes you're quite right, Blizzard don't contractually owe content, but it's an unwritten agreement between the subscriber and content producer that content will be provided.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I know people like to bring this up and act as lawyers, but yes you're quite right, Blizzard don't contractually owe content, but it's an unwritten agreement between the subscriber and content producer that content will be provided.
    They are still not obliged to do so and can spend their money on whatever they want as long as they keep the servers running and thus deliver what people are paying for - and that is, ultimately, all that matters when it comes to the discussion about how they "have to" spend sub fees.
    Of course, they will want to deliver new content to keep a certain amount of subscribers - but that is another matter.

If you feel like they are spending their money on the wrong things, stop supporting them. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    They are still not obliged to do so and can spend their money on whatever they want as long as they keep the servers running and thus deliver what people are paying for - and that is, ultimately, all that matters when it comes to the discussion about how they "have to" spend sub fees.
    Of course, they will want to deliver new content to keep a certain amount of subscribers - but that is another matter.

If you feel like they are spending their money on the wrong things, stop supporting them. It's really that simple.

As I said, yes technically they aren't obliged to.

And I did stop supporting them, I quit all the way back in feb when my sub ran out once it became clear they were going to let players go 12+ months without any content updates again,.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

Rather than taking our money and buying themselves cool motorcycles, they could have done some kind of promotion with The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, programs that are actually popular among their players. They could have some kind of Walking Dead zombie invasion in game, giving us some much needed entertainment before the coming (someday) expansion.
    Ok so because the theme of their promotion/advertising isn't something you personally like, you are complaining about it? Well thats just life, something you will enjoy, somethings you won't. That doesn't mean you get a say in what they spend their money on for their business. If you don't like the Chopper series, then cool, it's not for you, but there is no need for you to rant and rave about it.

both look good so far. tank treads make since in WoW. there are no paved roads.
    though my only complaint is for the horde one, i would have preferred a reverse trike over a normal one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Don't know much about motorcycles tbh. So I asked a friend. She said the Horde one was OK and she laughed at the Alliance one.

Deleted
    Would people even be allowed to drive around with them in the US? In most European countries at least, they definitely wouldn't.
    (If you actually could drive around with them at all, of course.)

As much as people want to rip on this for being corny and awkward, this is really good marketing by Blizzard and reminds me of some of the old stuff they used to do (Mr T commercials, etc).

American Chopper was a very successful TV show and whether it appeals to you specifically or not, you have to acknowledge that this marketing and publicity reaches a pretty wide viewer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    First of all, both bikes are ugly so far IMO.
    Yep. But I want free mount. So...
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Would people even be allowed to drive around with them in the US? In most European countries at least, they definitely wouldn't.
    (If you actually could drive around with them at all, of course.)
    I've been to America and seen car doors held on with tape. AFAIK they don't have an MOT test in America like England and are more lax on driving rules, could be wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how I feel about the tank treads on either frame.

There was a build off between Paul senior, paul junior, and jesse james and both paul jr. and jesse james ruled that putting treads on a bike makes it cease to be a bike let alone a chopper. This was due to paul senior's entry in the build off which had tank treads.

That aside I like the base frame for the alliance, done up in a polished metal/silver with blue and gold trim would be very nice I think..

On the horde side they should scrap the trike idea and do one of those big ass tractor tires in the front and back, that screams horde to me lol.