Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Zafu
    Sadly our Pally is off spec tank. our main tanks are DK (me) and Monk. i was doing most of the tanking when we swaped out and tested the monking tanking try different approach. also thank you for that detail list of info very much needed and spread out nicely. Thanks again.

Our main issue is healing/tanking/dps, other then that the kit strait is ok, think(Not sure) is more or less getting used to healing/dpsing aspect of it. (i speak for myself on this) Tanking it i am used to.

I saw you had a resto shaman a few of the times, are they running with Glyph of Riptide for Thok? It's like the only fight where you'll really want the no CD on Riptide because you can blanket the whole raid and pop ascendance for crazy raid healing. Also if they have high enough haste, they should be able to drop a healing rain or chain heal in between each roar up until you decided to phase change.

That's about the only thing I have to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I saw you had a resto shaman a few of the times, are they running with Glyph of Riptide for Thok? It's like the only fight where you'll really want the no CD on Riptide because you can blanket the whole raid and pop ascendance for crazy raid healing. Also if they have high enough haste, they should be able to drop a healing rain or chain heal in between each roar up until you decided to phase change.

That's about the only thing I have to add.
    posted before. our shammy was off spec healing, he's mainly dps, would been nice tho. if he goes heal again (it was for 4 healing) ill let him know. Thanks!

yeah u should use devos for the later screeches when the interupts get too frequent, pair them with something like AG, tranq, Ascendance etc. im not a healer but the devo on 7th seems a bit wasted seeing ur not really spell locked at these stacks as much as u are later on. spirit shell u could also use on one of the first cd slots imo over healing tide cuz the chances are ur 5th stack HTT would overheal for a bit right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Didnt think our dps was that low (maybe?), what average dps would you say..
    our group ilvl is average (i think?!) 570-573ish

200k+ per person (roughly?)
    200k is very low. I looked out our earliest log from warcraftlogs http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...84WKN#fight=24 and we had 540ilvl shadow priest who we were gearing. Also your healing doesnt look that bad. Thok has been nerfed so you should be ok with less cds. also in 10man I found it much easier to save shaman healing cds like AG,ascendance from 15-18 stack and then spirit link after those are expiring. Also our shaman was offspec too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrayder View Post
    yeah u should use devos for the later screeches when the interupts get too frequent, pair them with something like AG, tranq, Ascendance etc. im not a healer but the devo on 7th seems a bit wasted seeing ur not really spell locked at these stacks as much as u are later on. spirit shell u could also use on one of the first cd slots imo over healing tide cuz the chances are ur 5th stack HTT would overheal for a bit right?
    You dont really need to use Aura to help shaman to heal better. Once shaman pop AG and ascendance. spam riptide to everyone and keep rain on the ground. That does the job easily. with our current gear we could do Thok without using CDs at any point and if our healer wouldnt stop healing thok would go to 31 stack and wipe us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Zafu
    Sadly our Pally is off spec tank. our main tanks are DK (me) and Monk. i was doing most of the tanking when we swaped out and tested the monking tanking try different approach. also thank you for that detail list of info very much needed and spread out nicely. Thanks again.

Our main issue is healing/tanking/dps, other then that the kit strait is ok, think(Not sure) is more or less getting used to healing/dpsing aspect of it. (i speak for myself on this) Tanking it i am used to.
    swap with 3 stacks if tank dmg is problem. If it is dps push scream phases to higher stacks. put your hybrids like your dps druid to get hotw and reju the whole raid as a CD. Only thing that you really miss in your setup is somekind of panic CD like AOE last stand or revival but you should be fine.
    Last edited by mmoc9152988de1; 2014-04-22 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Go to bed Ceeke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Go to bed Ceeke.
    plz no nakloh

Ebinnaattori
    by the looks of your logs you guys 2 tank it.and yea most your dps is above 300k (if not all). thank you for log post and advice.

Sorry for the Hijack, but I didn't want to start a new thread with so many Thok posts already on the front page.
    I'm hoping some of you can check out our logs and give some advice. We've been on Thok for a few weeks now, and while we've had some success, our main problem is consistency. We've had a few sub 10% wipes, but they are few and far between.

There are usually early deaths in the stack phase, or during fixates. We've recently started with a new kiting strategy, so fixate deaths shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Our comp:

BrM Monk (w/dps OS)
    Blood Dk (w/ dps OS)

Fury Warrior (w/ alt Hunter)
    Ret Paladin (w/ tank OS)
    Rogue
    Ele Shaman (w/ resto OS)
    Mage
    Warlock

Resto Druid (w/ dps OS)
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest (w/ shadow OS)

Our BrM solo tanks, and our Ele Sham has been healing due to absences. Unfortunately we've been 4 melee/2 range for a good chunk of attempts, causing bats to be a problem. We usually end the first phase around 25 stacks - 65% - 60% on boss health. 10 stacks during fixate, and transition into bats. Personals and Bloodlust around 3 or 4 during Poison and everyone focuses bats. We usually transition between 7-10 stacks, but have wiped quite often at this point. When we do succeed, we do another 10 stacks during fixate and repeat our CD rotation during frost. We make it to Fire phase with boss health ~15%, but our lack of experience in this phase has been a problem.

Our CD usage looks something like this, but will vary based on who's available:

5 / Ret BoP Priest Spirit Shell
    8/9 - Ret BoP Druid Tranquility
    13/14 Ret Devo- Holy Pally CD
    17 - Smoke Bomb
    18 - Holy Pally Devo
    20 - Power Word: Barrier, (stack until we phase usually 22-24 screech)

Plenty of logs to choose from, but here are some that are recent:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-15la7ovzkvurw2cq/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...FC7fK#fight=35

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b3...pes&boss=71529

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-64arv13lncehtudv/

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joeseidon; 2014-04-23 at 06:24 PM.

Joeseidon
    its all good. your comp is almost same as my groups. Minus the warrior, we also 1 tank it. you guys seen fire phase we have push into frost and end it there lol due to few things.