Deciding on a new pc.

Hi guys new poster long time stalker. I have a quick question between this computer and laptop that i would like to buy. My question is which is the better of the 2?

Laptop:
    Intel I7-4550
    Nivida geforce 745
    8 gigs of ram'

PC:
    Intel i7 960
    ATI Raedon 6870
    12 gigs of ram

So which is best?

Thanks for responses and make sure to have a fab day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that 4550u? PC is better.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get either if I could help it. I imagine they must be used (or at least the desktop, using 5 year old tech). it might help if you indicated what/how you're looking for stuff. A new i3 would beat out both of those, and probably cost less overall.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Details between some of the other parts could help. The 960 is old, but it isn't what I would consider a shabby CPU. For a games that were video card dependent it wouldn't be as much of a problem to use it. But for WoW that is of course the opposite. 150-200 bucks could make the PC decent little gaming rig but its time is closing in. The laptop does have a lot more of the "current-ish" gen of tech which will make it stronger in some situations. I am sure it has higher speed ram, better single core performance, and certain advantages in video card tech. While it might not have as much ram as the PC the likely higher quality will go further since not much gaming wise takes a whole lot of advantage of 8+ gigs.

So in final conclusions if you have that laptop plugged in and all the power saving / output pushed to the sky it is likely the better of the two RIGHT NOW and also depending on planned function. Heat will likely slow a lot of its better tech down as well which is a disadvantage. On battery it is likely not due to power saving stuff that throttles things etc. But the difference between the two isn't astronomical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The 960 is old, but it isn't what I would consider a shabby CPU.
    The 960 isn't bad... I just wouldn't recommend someone buying it -now-. I actually looked up the two, and they both cash in at at around 1400-1600 single thread performance on passmark... Right around where a Celeron G1830 does.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    1) what is the budget?
    2) what country are you in?

Yeah, personally I wouldn't buy either right now. I am sure for what you are spending on either you could build something much superior. In both cases I am sure something in the i5 range of 'pretty damn good'.