Poll: Guild's of which current raid size do you expect to adopt easier?

Which guilds do you expect to adopt the new mythic system better?

I think it's fair to say that most of the better guilds have started preparing for the upcoming mythic raid difficulty. 10 man guilds are most likely to bolster their ranks with new recruits, or merge with existing 10 man teams. While a lot of 25 mans will simply cut down on their current roster with a few replacements here and there.

Who do you expect to take over in the race for world first? What are your expectations for the general raiding population? What will be the deciding factors when it comes to who feels more "at home" in the 20 man setting?

Deleted
    Probably 25, but due to the long break between SoO and the next tier, there will be a huge amount of roster changes regardless.

Benching or cutting people is always easier than finding new ones.

Deleted
    I'd say 25-mans.

They can have 5 people on the "bench" and fill spots if it's needed, and getting new members is optional

10-mans either have to find atleast 10 new members or merge with another 10-man guild.

Much, much easier to cut 5 people, especially considering the long gap between Siege and Warlords which may lead to people quitting on their own volition, than to literally double your raid size.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    25 mans obviously.

A lot of 10 mans I know either gave up, or sacrificed quality, recruited way too quick and failed at the subjectively 'easier' 25 man content.

I raid 10 mans and the only advice I can give is to be fucking patient. Make it work but don't feel like you need to make the jump to 25 man content immediately. Two heroic 10 man groups also work IMO, and while it's a bit more micromanagement, you don't need to recruit upwards of 30+ people.

I haven't done 25 man in awhile, but I don't really like cutting people or making empty promises of no bench to people right before the expansion launches. Maybe it's because I'm soft from doing 10 man where you're pretty close with your 10-13 people, recruiting doesn't happen often and you don't really need to mass trial people/cut people all that often.

The pool for recruits is pretty high right now, come several weeks before WoD and several weeks after the launch it's going to be even bigger. So just be patient!

Easier to cut 5 people.

Not very nice though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    25's will lose players (raid burnout) don't have to replace them (generally speaking, of course) and can simply bench a couple more people each raid.

i raid in 10's myself, and we currently have 16 people ready and able to raid. slowly recruiting more people. we're letting a lot of socials in now though (not heroic geared people) and take them on alt raids or stuff like that to see if they are any good. even if they don't meet the gear requirement now, in WoD everyone is set back to equal footing. this means we can more easily recruit out of our own social pool.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

25 mans will have it 100x easier than 10s, mergers are hard to pull off, mass recruitment can be hard to pull off, it's situational but generally its much harder for a 10 to go 20 than 25 20, obviously.

Deleted
    25mans, no questions asked. cut 5 retards from a roster? that's easier than raiding 25man in my book.

Any guild which doesn't lose half their core from burnout or bordem between now and 6.0.

Really strange choice for the new system, imo. Making flex raids, so that guilds can adjust to always include everyone that turns up as long as they keep an overall roster no bigger than the upper cap for flex. Then suddenly you have to switch into a fixed system, where people are going to be benched.

If you had to come up with a system to guarantee guild drama and hassle, I don't think you could have done it any better than that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twink guilds that raid AQ20 exclusively. Finally it's their time to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Twink guilds that raid AQ20 exclusively. Finally it's their time to shine!
    AQ20 has been AQ10 since Cataclysm.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

We've long, long since had this conversastion hundreds of times. The answer is 25man because 10man can afford to have open vent chat and people saying "me" or "I" instead of "[name]" because people can remember who is who. In 25man progression there is a ton more work to keep chat clear and potentially end up with multiple channels wherein multiple raid leaders (overall/heals/dps) are talking and can only be heard by specific groups.

10man was far easier to put together and coordinate. 25man had far more legroom for classes, and especially specs, that would otherwise have had to be benched.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."