1. #1

    Realm best CM times as ele, advice needed

    I am fairly new to Ele in general but picked it up in an attempt to help my guild's group work on some of the realm best times for CMs, none of the times are particularly amazing but not something we could probably achieve without preparation, so here I am. Just curious of any general advice/tips, tricks, etc that anyone would be willing to share. Main thing I am unsure of /curious about is haste v mastery and optimal level 90 talent and what situation if any warrants swapping it.

  2. #2
    I cant give a huge amount of advice on realm best times, but i have done full gold clear on two characters. One being an ele shaman.

    Haste vs Mastery? I would assume mastery. Mastery is superior for AoE damage and as far as im aware, most realm fastest/world best times require mass pulling and huge amounts of AoE nuking.

    Level 90 talents: I did gold clear with elemental blast, i just prefer the talent tbh so was a personal choice. For realm best times you might need to be moving a lot more and so unleashed fury could be a better choice. Tbh i doubt the level 90 choice matters much. When it comes to the single target part of CM's you probably wont have to move a great deal anyway.

    Hope that helped

  3. #3
    PE for your 90 talent. Superior cleave and burst

  4. #4
    Mastery>Haste because of Elemental mastery (Yes, you should use this spell. Make sure you use it on every ascendance and one inbetween.) However gem full intellect.

    If you want to maximize you'll have to go PE on bosses where you use Fire elemental and then swap to EB after the boss is dead.
    When doing realm best times you'll focus more then you think on single target, as others have superior AoE target when there's more then 10 targets or so, don't be afraid to full out single target if needed. You'll most likely be lowest on the dps char but you're there for burst and for buffs.

    That's just what's on top of my mind, might update with more later!
    Last edited by Telefonorm; 2014-04-18 at 09:16 PM.

  5. #5
    Thanks a ton guys, another question. where does unleash elements come into play if at all?

  6. #6
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Here's a bis list
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
    Also make macros to switch between PE and EB otherwise just run with EB imo. Run with EM instead of EotE.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellinz View Post
    Thanks a ton guys, another question. where does unleash elements come into play if at all?
    With CMs, your gear is nerfed to the ground. In normal circumstances UE is only used with UF and possibly on a pull to proc your Legendary Meta Gem, neither of which would apply to what you're doing because of how low all your stats will be.

    Haste vs. Mastery is kinda tricky, if you have the luxury, see what your cast times are with a haste reforge with Elemental Mastery up.

    I personally got gold in SoO gear with the Darkmoon trinket and Alchemist Stone, I literally didn't change anything for my gear with a full mastery build and a LMG that doesn't proc if I remember correctly
    Last edited by Rabb; 2014-04-18 at 11:21 PM. Reason: wrong trinket

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
    Here's a bis list
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
    Also make macros to switch between PE and EB otherwise just run with EB imo. Run with EM instead of EotE.

    appreciate the link, thats what i've been mostly following thus far and my gears gotten pretty okay for putting two weeks into it, only giant thing im missing still is the LS Neck.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ewton/advanced for reference

  9. #9
    High Overlord Felocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    chrislol#1816 ama
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    PE for your 90 talent. Superior cleave and burst
    Not entirely accurate but yes.
    You'll be swapping talents VERY often so i would suggest using ' Quick talents ' the addon.

    use Elemental mastery on most of the end bosses like SPM/SSB/GSS or any boss that fire elemental up where you can live without EoE for 40~ seconds after the boss dies.
    Pe most of the time but use EB on bosses where you wouldnt have an elemental anyways like 3rd boss in Seige and second boss in scholo, these are just examples but you get the general idea of where to use what talents.

    Something thats not really elemental specific but make sure you're swapping your trinkets (to put them on ICD) Swap them before the sheild run in scarlet halls, after the LoS pull in the last room of SSB, the first pull of SPM ect so they'll be up 100% sure the boss. Assuming you're running with a brewmaster single target damage is going to be your main priority if you're actually going for times.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-04-19 at 03:04 AM.

    Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

  10. #10
    Question.

    Everyone says go mastery but with better classes for 8+ AOE damage, what's the advantage? I've seen people suggest just single targeting during those pulls, so why not take a haste build set up? Could make PE even more effective.

    I'm running resto Druid / disc, destro, huntard, blood DK.

  11. #11
    Thanks again for the comments/advice, I see glyph of chain lightning being pretty amazing, are there any situations in CMs that its worth unglyphing or just glyph swapping period?

  12. #12
    High Overlord Felocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    chrislol#1816 ama
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellinz View Post
    Thanks again for the comments/advice, I see glyph of chain lightning being pretty amazing, are there any situations in CMs that its worth unglyphing or just glyph swapping period?
    Hard to suggest because everyone's situations are different when you say ' realm best' that could be anywhere from a 7 minute scholo to a 14 minute scholo. Playing around with cooldowns for a few pulls your self will let you know when you might want to glyph/unglyph fire elemental but thats something to watch for. otherwise chainlightning/cap usually

    Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

  13. #13
    Thanks again for the advice guys, 1/9 after tonight

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    Question.

    Everyone says go mastery but with better classes for 8+ AOE damage, what's the advantage? I've seen people suggest just single targeting during those pulls, so why not take a haste build set up? Could make PE even more effective.

    I'm running resto Druid / disc, destro, huntard, blood DK.
    It has to do with short bursts are more imporant, and for those you always use EM which dumps haste value down by abit. They're very very close and I myself ran haste for superlong, until I saw every other high ranked Shaman play mastery so I decided to switch aswell. There's no clear data on this however from what I know.

  15. #15
    High Overlord Felocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    chrislol#1816 ama
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    and for those you always use EM which dumps haste value down by abit..
    Not exactly
    EM does destroy haste value but you dont "always" use em.

    Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

  16. #16
    to be fair, shaman's role in CM is buffs, AG and earth pet as tank cds, lusting and strong single target in a 30~40ish sec window.

    if you'd care to sim it, crit is the best stat for 'hectic AoE cleave'. though, as mentioned, our AoE caps at 5 targets. realm best times would probably mob much more than that and they'd be a vengeance battery for the tank, meant to die about the same time the main target dies, so you kinda go full single target rotation. after you have the main target with FS and ~1 more for lava surge procs, CL in between to build fulmination stacks. but that's it.

    while CL spam might give you better numbers, it might not give to the group the highest combined dps. when required to AG, balls to the wall, CL spam to keep tank alive.

    regarding gear, there is a haste+mastery, 3 red sockets chest from ra-den, might be a best fit than the one on the list.
    you might want to check "ChallengeBash" channel on youtube, they are insane!

  17. #17
    4/9 so far, thanks again for all the advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •