Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question should single minded fury be BUFFED?

all the top fury warriors are using titans grip. is single minded fury on par with it? should it be buffed?

seems like no one is single minded these days
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest contribution was Stormbolt moving people to TG. It has higher scaling with 2h weapons over 1h weapons. Another big thing was Bladestorm was overwhelmingly more powerful as TG in SoO, especially in 25 mans, versus SMF version.

The only real big thing SMF has over TG is being able to utilize the 4 set even better.

-Edit-

To actually go with your thread, I would like to see something done to SMF because otherwise it's pointless to have currently. WoD will probably do something about it since of their weapon scaling and ability scaling. Who knows.
    Last edited by Jakesterwars; 2014-04-18 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Because reasons.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

If they wanted SMF to be a viable option for high end raiding, they would need to buff it considerably. Especially in AOE situations, it is not at all up to par with TG.

This late in the tier, does it even matter? If they wanted to buff it they should start by revisiting dragon roar.

Deleted
    Im sure they are adressing the issue in 6.0 by balancing the t60 and t90 options better, so that they dont heavily favor TG anymore.
    Also with the new Attackpower and Weapondmg formulas, nobody knows how it´s going to turn out.

My only issue is that there is no real difference between SMF and TG. Why can't the rotations/priorities be different to show that they are truly two different styles? Since they use the same moves and gearing and such, even if there is a less than 1% difference in dps people have no reason to even try the other style.

imo they should make the two styles as different as dw and 2h frost are. Then they wouldn't need to be perfectly balanced because there would be a reason to take the slightly lesser style, because you like the feel more.

Just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Throughout cataclysm hardly anyone played SMF. I kinda prefer TG. But in terms of balancing I personally think SMF should be superior single target and TG for cleaving fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    Throughout cataclysm hardly anyone played SMF. I kinda prefer TG. But in terms of balancing I personally think SMF should be superior single target and TG for cleaving fights.
    I would hate to pick up 4 weapons so I can do optimal dps on single target and cleave fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't mind it getting up to par with TG. played it through most of ToT.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think it's a big deal. Come next tier when we have no EEoG, likely bad crit chance making DR more viable, I think SMF will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    The biggest contribution was Stormbolt moving people to TG. It has higher scaling with 2h weapons over 1h weapons. Another big thing was Bladestorm was overwhelmingly more powerful as TG in SoO, especially in 25 mans, versus SMF version.

The only real big thing SMF has over TG is being able to utilize the 4 set even better.

-Edit-

To actually go with your thread, I would like to see something done to SMF because otherwise it's pointless to have currently. WoD will probably do something about it since of their weapon scaling and ability scaling. Who knows.

It was also BS going down to a 60 second CD, and way more cleave fights in SoO over ToT

For other's reference, the reason TG outpaced SMF this tier are many.

Scaling, TG scales better with item levels. (Higher crit, more RB, etc)

RB/SB buffed, Execute nerfed, BS buffed (shorter CD).

Cleave fights are way more common, every fight has some cleave, except IJ, unlike ToT.

CDR trinket making SB useable every CS.

T15 tier set+feather favored SMF (execute).

Easier to get great SMF weapons in ToT, compared to TG.

NOW, at this point in the tier there aren't going to be more balance changes. WOD is too early to say. The idea for SMF is fine, but depending on factors like headlong rush/CDR TG may be the only viable option if you can get SB to fit inside every CS, and other things. But we'll have to see.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2014-04-19 at 03:14 PM.

I kinda prefer they just get rid of one or the other. I feel like Blizz would save a lot of time doing that instead of trying to always balance the two. I've played Fury since BC so I don't mind SMF, but on the other hand TG is just so much more awesome wielding 2 2H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I kinda prefer they just get rid of one or the other. I feel like Blizz would save a lot of time doing that instead of trying to always balance the two. I've played Fury since BC so I don't mind SMF, but on the other hand TG is just so much more awesome wielding 2 2H.
    What balance? SMF is 35% more damage done, and a few other buffs (HS hits for higher weapon damage, for example).

All they need to do is adjust that ratio. Easy. The options are nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    What balance? SMF is 35% more damage done, and a few other buffs (HS hits for higher weapon damage, for example).

All they need to do is adjust that ratio. Easy. The options are nice.
    Indeed, they should not remove one of them.

what is wrong with it exactly?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor