Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Easier to examine the penis. It's far more invasive to get examined, especially if they have to look inside your uterus. Hysteroscopy is not fun. Getting an IUD was most certainly not fun, I almost fainted from the pain.

Yeah, if you don't have any standards.
    Look you are moving goal posts here.

The penis being an external organ is naturally a massive evolutionary disadvantage for human males, especially when we compare ourselves to other primates and apes. The human penis is disproportionately large and exposed. Not to mention the weird psycho-sexual relationship between male self esteem and penis size, appearance and function. Also when it comes to medical examinations, yes it is easier to conduct an external medical examination on a penis then on a vagina, but when it comes to medical complications or internal examination it's a incredibly unwieldy. Things like catheters are incredibly painful, and the elimination of kidney stones is simply excruciating.

I'm not saying "It's great to have a vagina", I'm just saying having a penis is not all "lol I can pee standing".

Now on getting sex. This where you are really moving the goal posts.

You moved the having sex from getting relationship material. There is nothing wrong with not banging anything that looks attractive, but would be a terrible relationship choice, but it's about having choice. Women have greater access to that choice, to the choice of recreational sex or relationship sex or procreation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    If a man has no standards and wants to choose when, where, if and with whom he can hire a prostitute.

It's only 'easier' for women because men are more actively seeking sex.
    I remember a very interesting study done by a big dating website. The study showed that when it comes to pursuing the opposite gender men have much lower expectations and demands while women have much higher expectations and often feel that they have settled with a man beneath their "standards".

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/yo...online-dating/

So it's not that men have no standards. They just have lower expectations.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-04-18 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Multiple orgasms is a pretty good reason. Ya know, unless you're one of those women who can't orgasm at all.
    Is that a thing? Or is it just that she hasn't been with the right partner?
    Are these women otherwise normal - no physical or mental disorders?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well there are certainly quite a few disadvantages to being a man.

It all sounds good until you start looking at some of the factors that contribute to the stats.

American Combat Deaths: Looks bad until you remember that women where banned from active combat roles because they were women. Sexism is the reason why that number is so high.

Workforce Industrial Deaths and Accidents: Looks bad but how many women work in that field? It makes sense that there would be more male workforce industrial deaths and accidents because there are more males working in those environments. It would be nice for percent on the number of males vs females in that workforce.

Victims of Homicides: This is tricky because there are different reasons for homicides but the number could be high not because women don't get killed as much but more because women don't take part as much in high risk activity.

Victims of Suicides:
    Do women kill themselves less because they face less pressure or is it because they have better emotional support systems or because they are more likely to seek help? This is a case were I would say sexism is to blame because men are seen as weak if they seek help or emotional support. Men are the ones that can change this because they are the ones not need to remove the from stigma of men giving other men emotional support.

Divorce Initiator: Who initiated the divorce does not tell us anything about why the marriage broke down. Women may initiate more divorces but that does not mean men are not the ones who started the breakdown of the marriage. It is a stat that is really useless without having a context added to it.

Winner of Child Custody Cases: This is another tricky case because you don't know if the women in question won because they are women or because they were the primary care giver. On average we know that men work more hours and spend less time with their children then women do. It only makes sense to give the child to person that mainly sees to their everyday needs. The question really should be about how many unfit mothers win child custody cases.

Prison Population: I really don't know how they got this stat. Now I am not saying men don't get unfavorable prison sentences but I wonder how they got this stat. Is it broken down by race? Crime? Because there are some crimes that women/men commit more of then the opposite sex does. I would like to see some numbers.

For the Fatherless/Motherless set of stats there is really no reason to go into a detail talk about it. If you look up at the previous chart you will see that of women that win custody of their children is at 84%. If we go by that example that means there is a significantly large amount of children in fatherless homes. That would explain the numbers are so high if the amount of single parent homes were more equally split among men and women there is no telling what they numbers would be.

Then as we go further down the list the stat become more biased. 30% of men found out they are not the father of their children but what percent of women find out about children their husband had outside of their marriage?

Average crime sentences could be for a number of reasons. Was that stat based off of the the same type of crime or just overall crime sentences?

A quick google check showed that male gender studies are under the name Men and Masculinities so people looking for male gender studies may want to look for that.

As for men dying more from health issues is that because women are more likely to go to the doctor for checks then men? Or is it because the differences in diet? Or are their biological reasons as well.

In the end raw numbers really don't tell the whole story of something but are merely a starting point which is why I hate charts and graphs. People just look at the raw numbers and take them at face value without asking questions about the data they are looking at.

Deleted
    Well most of the disadvantages are really nothing you can blame anyone for. Sorry for your monthly bleedings but I wasn't the one responsible for that. If it was in my power I would change that in a heartbeat. That being said, I enjoy being a white male.

I've noticed that gay females get much less shit than gay males.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You moved the having sex from getting relationship material. There is nothing wrong with not banging anything that looks attractive, but would be a terrible relationship choice, but it's about having choice. Women have greater access to that choice, to the choice of recreational sex or relationship sex or procreation.
    Sorry, what? The person I quoted said women can get sex when they want to. That is not true, unless you have no standards and would have sex with just about anyone that's willing. The same goes for men if they have no standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    As a child, I had a lot of swings between anger and sadness, which involved a lot of crying. I can't recall a single instance of anyone ever actually making fun of me for it. In fact, a lot of people were really sympathetic.
    idk, but it's always been like that around here. boys who cried in school got laughed at, called a priss, or anything like that. it was like that all the way into high school. guys are usually just seen as less of a man if they show that "weakness".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Is that a thing? Or is it just that she hasn't been with the right partner?
    Are these women otherwise normal - no physical or mental disorders?
    Statistically speaking, some 10% of sexually active women have never orgasamed. Only about 1/3rd reach orgasm though intercourse w/o manual stimulation.
    So say Canadian Gynocologists: http://sogc.org/publications/female-...ths-and-facts/
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sorry, what? The person I quoted said women can get sex when they want to. That is not true, unless you have no standards and would have sex with just about anyone that's willing. The same goes for men if they have no standards.
    I agree. But you surely by now know some of the guys posting in here are totally....You get the picture.

Being a human being overall is difficult. It's easy to point fingers on which gender has it harder (and often times they pick the opposite) because they haven't experienced it themselves. Remember the old saying that the grass is always greener on the other side? The amount of bias that the brain develops overtime is ridiculous and further contributes to this.

Overall, it's changing where women are being more accepted in the workplace and more. It's just that too much incorrect claims are being thrown out into the open which end up creating more problems than what they are trying to solve.

There's also the other issue of the fact that gender isn't exactly one side or another. Biological sex, yes, as defined by genitalia is different from a person's feelings as said gender. For example, you don't have to "feel" 100% male or "feel" 100% female. It's just easier to say one or the other. However, that's a whole other issue.

If you're comparing negative statistics associated with either gender (for example higher suicide rates in men vs higher rape statistics against women [DISCLAIMER: It can happen both ways, however, it happens MORE OFTEN in this direction.]) then you'll just find that there are just specific issues that have to be looked at rather than just making a blanket statement saying "being a man sucks".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I guess we can't get testicular cancer, there's a plus.

Not that ovarian cancer isn't largely our version of the same thing and a more invasive surgery. >.>

(Dear god what is this tread... just got here and do I even want to look at what has probably gone down in flames across these pages...)

Edit: Some of the statements and assumptions (and some really stupid 'not a clue how women think' assumptions/guesses) made in this thread within the first few pages alone...it had to already be 12 page in and too late to comment on so much...? But it's probably for the best, lest I facepalm so much someone mistakes me for a victim of domestic violence.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-04-19 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    It all sounds good until you start looking at some of the factors that contribute to the stats.

American Combat Deaths: Looks bad until you remember that women where banned from active combat roles because they were women. Sexism is the reason why that number is so high.

Workforce Industrial Deaths and Accidents: Looks bad but how many women work in that field? It makes sense that there would be more male workforce industrial deaths and accidents because there are more males working in those environments. It would be nice for percent on the number of males vs females in that workforce.

Victims of Homicides: This is tricky because there are different reasons for homicides but the number could be high not because women don't get killed as much but more because women don't take part as much in high risk activity.

Victims of Suicides:
    Do women kill themselves less because they face less pressure or is it because they have better emotional support systems or because they are more likely to seek help? This is a case were I would say sexism is to blame because men are seen as weak if they seek help or emotional support. Men are the ones that can change this because they are the ones not need to remove the from stigma of men giving other men emotional support.

Divorce Initiator: Who initiated the divorce does not tell us anything about why the marriage broke down. Women may initiate more divorces but that does not mean men are not the ones who started the breakdown of the marriage. It is a stat that is really useless without having a context added to it.

Winner of Child Custody Cases: This is another tricky case because you don't know if the women in question won because they are women or because they were the primary care giver. On average we know that men work more hours and spend less time with their children then women do. It only makes sense to give the child to person that mainly sees to their everyday needs. The question really should be about how many unfit mothers win child custody cases.

Prison Population: I really don't know how they got this stat. Now I am not saying men don't get unfavorable prison sentences but I wonder how they got this stat. Is it broken down by race? Crime? Because there are some crimes that women/men commit more of then the opposite sex does. I would like to see some numbers.

For the Fatherless/Motherless set of stats there is really no reason to go into a detail talk about it. If you look up at the previous chart you will see that of women that win custody of their children is at 84%. If we go by that example that means there is a significantly large amount of children in fatherless homes. That would explain the numbers are so high if the amount of single parent homes were more equally split among men and women there is no telling what they numbers would be.

Then as we go further down the list the stat become more biased. 30% of men found out they are not the father of their children but what percent of women find out about children their husband had outside of their marriage?
    Okay, I'll play along.

Combat deaths: Male disposability is a major factor in why we as a society bar women from serving in combat roles. 100 American soldiers die in Iraq, page 18 of the newspaper and a brief mention in the evening news. Single female soldier captured CNN/MSNBC/FOX run a 3 week 24/7 live coverage on the issue.

Workplace mortality rate: Technically there is no restriction on women entering the industrial labor market, which tends to range from poor to at best mediocre pay, but has high physical demands. There is very little to no social pressure to channel young girls into the fields of constructions, mining, industrial manufacturing, agriculture but equally there are no real measures to address the sky high school drop out rates among boys, which pretty much ends up forcing boys into these physically dangerous fields.

Victims of homicide: It has been demonstrably proven that men are more violent towards other men, and female violence towards men is also largely ignored. Evolutionary biology reduces violence against women. The age old "men don't hit women" is biologically ingrained into human males. Also more men end up engaging in high risk behavior because again men tend to be the primary victims of social exclusion. Also social exclusion directed towards men is largely un-addressed or willfully ignored.

Victims of suicide: More men are victims of suicide because of the above mentioned social exclusion. Men even if they would seek help have very little support available, no shelters, social programs etc. Women have their own social issues, but that doesn't mean men do not.

Divorce Initiator and Custody: These two are closely tied. Studies shown men are less likely to initiate a divorce due to the fears of losing custody of their children or being forced to pay alimony/child support. The assumption that women are inherently better caregivers for children is sexism at its finest. It matter of factly states that irrelevant to the fathers wishes or his desire to commit, a woman will always be a better caregiver by the virtue of her gender.

Prison population: The links for the sources of the stats are at the bottom of the chart. It is publicly available data. The average crime sentences are the same regardless of the crime. For any crime committed a women will more likely receive lenient sentencing.

Women who find out that their husbands had extramarital affairs and children aren't forced legally to pay child support for that child. Men are. Even if you discover that the child is not yours by blood, you are still likely to be forced to continue paying child support.

If men go less to the doctor, have unhealthier lifestyles, then it would be warranted to invest resources into changing that situation. Not even a fraction of the money that is spent on women's health awareness programs is spent on men's. How many prostate cancer/high cholesterol marches and fundraisers do we organize a year?

You can "reinterpret" the numbers in any million creative ways, they won't go away. And they continue going un-addressed. That is what MRM's tend to bitch about. It's not about taking stuff away from women, or denying the challenges they face, it's about recognizing that "Shit! Men have issues too!"
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-04-19 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Being legit here no bullshiting what advantages are there? As far as I see it there are only disadvantages.

- painful births, a chance of dying from it.
    -periods.
    -Physically less stronger and faster than men due to the shape and development of their hips and smaller upper torso.
    -gender unequality still exists.
    -cant pick all the jobs they want yet (infantry, rangers).
    -higher amount of estrogen causing mood swings.

that's all I can think of maybe smarter but barely.
    This isn't obviously all woman but a lot of woman have it way better financially. My entire life i've seen maybe 10 woman that actually fully paid for their own car. Most woman i see their Boyfriends, husband or daddy bought them it. Also if you got a nice set of tits with a Youtube channel men will donate stupid amounts of money i see that all the time too. A lot of woman in general get hand outs and stuff for free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    The way I see it there are tons of advantages.

-You won't be lonely. Even fat/ugly chicks have dudes throwing themselves at them.
    -There's a chance some guy will straight up take care of you (housewife). Chance of the reverse happening to a man is almost nil.
    -Less bottled up emotion...it's more acceptable for women to show emotion than men.
    -Less physical strength and thus never expected to do much manual labor.
    -Certain jobs favor them greatly. Try being a dude and getting a job at Joanne's Fabrics.
    -Almost always have more power in court cases vs. men...like they usually get custody of the kids (at least in the US).
    -More help in general. if you're sitting on the side of the road with a flat more people will stop for a woman than a man.
    Only in the anglosphere, specially in the US you have tons of dudes approaching anything that is female and moves, fat/ugly women are pretty much ignored anywhere else on planet earth..
    Last edited by mmocf199582425; 2014-04-19 at 01:01 AM.

I feel this is one of the few times (or only) I would recommend guys here go to tumblr. It's a hive of young and insecure girls who aren't the confident types. They aren't able to get sex, aren't getting attention for their gender etc. and they are a silent crowd - just like males have it too.

There's a lot of valid points on both sides of the thread, but I feel a lot of guys here could learn a thing or two - that the women you tend to see aren't all women. The women who aren't so confident as to shove their tits in your face for freebies are also not the types to be catching your eye in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see... Just speaking from my own life experience:

I don't look to get free stuff. I am not afraid to put effort into earning the things I want in life, and it's more rewarding when you earn them. The nearest I come to looking for free stuff is occasionally looking for free product samples you can get in the mail and that is fun and open to anyone.

Yeah, I have boobs. So. I care no more for the fact that I have them than the fact that I have elbows. Men being fascinated by them does not mean that I am. Nor do I go around acting proud to have a normal piece of anatomy.

I am not an attention whore, an internet whore, or anything of the like. The larger majority of us are not online shoving our boobs in cameras or anywhere.

Periods really suck no matter who you are, though some have worse symptoms than others.

Some of us are quiet, some of us are introverts. This idea that women can "get it" and whatever whenever and however is absurd. Apparently a good portion of womankind must be invisible. Do you not notice us? Those of us who aren't shoving our boobs in people's faces or acting like some bouncing crack head extrovert bimbo who acts the way she does to get whatever she wants? Do people really only see her and assume this is how women act and don't even realize the rest of us exist? This is why humanity is getting dumber, because "that girl" be the dumbass with six kids all with separate fathers.

I'd say I'm just average in looks I guess... you'd think that at least some guys would be throwing themselves at me, huh? Hah. Never happened. I suppose being the quiet introvert sort doesn't help that, but then that also has to mean men aren't as simple as made out to be.

I'm not looking to find a man to "take care of me." Geezus, I'm a human being, not a weak little glass doll that can't fend for myself at all. I want a guy to be my best friend, my partner in crime... er, life.. to be the guy version of me existing in another body.

I will stop there...
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-04-19 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Being truthful though.

If i was a girl, i'd totally stream on Twitch with the cam focused on my breasts; Watch the money rack up as insecure teens plead for attention from a gurl.

Deleted
    I honestly see no advantage other than having boobs, boobs are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Being truthful though.

If i was a girl, i'd totally stream on Twitch with the cam focused on my breasts; Watch the money rack up as insecure teens plead for attention from a gurl.
    yeah if I was a girl I'd be a slut too, not that there's anything wrong with being a slut :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah if I was a girl I'd be a businesswomen too
    Fixed that for you.

They just exploit a niche market, and i admire that to a degree; Until i remember i lack that asset they use