Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    As your budget is like 1200euros

If you're going to be considering doing video editing, make sure you get:

1. i5 - it has a tech called quicksync which greatly reduces rendering time (up to 20x faster) - also, it has 4 cores and many games actually do use these.
    1.b while you're buying - buy a haswell - why buy 3rd gen as people have suggested? It's just silly.
    1.c never seen the need to overclock, but if you are considering it down the road, make sure you get the "K" version of the CPU. I personally don't ever bother with overclocking.

EDIT: I noticed Cyrops quoted a H81 mainboard with a 3rd gen CPU - er, no - different sockets. - Personally, I would go for the B85 chipset as I believe it has more USB 3 generally. No need to go wild with mainboards that have 2 x PCI graphic card slots, etc. SLI mainboards push up the price considerably.

2. nVidia video card - from my personal experience, the Radeon has more compatibility issues with games.
    2.a If you are doing video editing, and you use two screens, one screen will be attached to the Intel on-board - this enables the QuickSync and also allows you to use this tech for watching movies, etc with almost zero effect on games on your main screen.
    2.b If you aren't displaying more than 1920 x 1080, then more than 2Gb is a waste. More RAM on video does not necessarily equal more speed.
    2.c A gtx 770 with 2gb of RAM is a good buy - I'm a fan of Gigabyte

3. Get a 256gb SSD - 128gb is a bit small.
    4. Get a good 1TB Drive for your games
    5. If you are going to be recording games, get a 2nd 1tb as a "scratch drive"
    6. Get at least 16gb of RAM if you are doing video editing.
    7. the corsair 200R is a good case and so is the 300R (more space in the 300R)

BTW - My favourite brands are corsair and gigabyte.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-04-19 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    As your budget is like 1200euros

If you're going to be considering doing video editing, make sure you get:

1. i5 - it has a tech called quicksync which greatly reduces rendering time (up to 20x faster) - also, it has 4 cores and many games actually do use these.
    1.b while you're buying - buy a haswell - why buy 3rd gen as people have suggested? It's just silly.
    1.c never seen the need to overclock, but if you are considering it down the road, make sure you get the "K" version of the CPU. I personally don't ever bother with overclocking.

EDIT: I noticed Cyrops quoted a H81 mainboard with a 3rd gen CPU - er, no - different sockets. - Personally, I would go for the B85 chipset as I believe it has more USB 3 generally. No need to go wild with mainboards that have 2 x PCI graphic card slots, etc. SLI mainboards push up the price considerably.

2. nVidia video card - from my personal experience, the Radeon has more compatibility issues with games.
    2.a If you are doing video editing, and you use two screens, one screen will be attached to the Intel on-board - this enables the QuickSync and also allows you to use this tech for watching movies, etc with almost zero effect on games on your main screen.
    2.b If you aren't displaying more than 1920 x 1080, then more than 2Gb is a waste. More RAM on video does not necessarily equal more speed.
    2.c A gtx 770 with 2gb of RAM is a good buy - I'm a fan of Gigabyte

3. Get a 256gb SSD - 128gb is a bit small.
    4. Get a good 1TB Drive for your games
    5. If you are going to be recording games, get a 2nd 1tb as a "scratch drive"
    6. Get at least 16gb of RAM if you are doing video editing.
    7. the corsair 200R is a good case and so is the 300R (more space in the 300R)

BTW - My favourite brands are corsair and gigabyte.
    You dont say :P
    The 1200 was more of an absolute max, since ill get intro trouble with the misses if she finds out i spend over 1200 bucks on a compute (and she wants a car)

Thanks for the tips, few questions though:

1. That sounds pretty nifty. Basicly this will retort from me having to buy a new cpu in say 3 years? I probably wont do HD video editing though, mostly infographics, job interview bits, etc. Do i need 16 and i5 then too, or will i3 and 8gb suffice?

I barely use my current USB sockets (i have 5 in my computer, 1 for mouse, 1 occasionally for portable HD), or is that not the same as USB3?

2. I kinda allready decided to go with the 770 gtx 2gb.
    2.a. Ill be using 1 screen i think, can i add another later without problems?

3. 256 is pretty pricey just for quickboot (which ill only be using for like 3-4 games, i like to keep my computer tidy). So i dont think ill ever be in the position needing to quickboot more than 2-3 games, since i often just play one :P

4. Is western digital not good?
    6. Does this also go for motiongraphics without HD footage?

Edit:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€193.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€52.08 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€59.90 @ Caseking)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€61.99 @ Pixmania DE)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€48.98 @ Pixmania DE)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (€293.66 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: I really want this case but cant find it on partpicker http://img.bitfenix.com/products_ima...png?1376982964
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€57.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer (€20.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €857.19
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-19 14:25 CEST+0200)

Like this? (i cant find haswell btw)
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-19 at 12:32 PM.

You can get a 240GB M500 for 80-90 euro.

The SSD just makes the entire computer feel snappier. It doesn't give you any FPS in games, but when you open your browser, it opens immediately. When you start WoW, you are in the game world before somebody on an HDD has even logged in. If you click on your voice comms icon, it opens right then. It feels like your computer is so much faster, and it is such a QoL improvement that I hate using a non-SSD computer.

Western Digital is one of the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can get a 240GB M500 for 80-90 euro.

The SSD just makes the entire computer feel snappier. It doesn't give you any FPS in games, but when you open your browser, it opens immediately. When you start WoW, you are in the game world before somebody on an HDD has even logged in. If you click on your voice comms icon, it opens right then. It feels like your computer is so much faster, and it is such a QoL improvement that I hate using a non-SSD computer.

Western Digital is one of the best.
    What about full SSD? Like slapping in a 240 and a 120 (360 total). My current system has 320 HDD, and i still got around 160gb of free space left after 4 years. Like i said, im pretty tidy. Most stuff i dont need or can be cleaned up i clean up or put on a portable.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-19 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    1. Do i need 16 and i5 then too, or will i3 and 8gb suffice?

2. I kinda allready decided to go with the 770 gtx 2gb.

2.a. Ill be using 1 screen i think, can i add another later without problems?

3. 256 is pretty pricey just for quickboot (which ill only be using for like 3-4 games, i like to keep my computer tidy). So i dont think ill ever be in the position needing to quickboot more than 2-3 games, since i often just play one :P

4. Is western digital not good?
    6. Does this also go for motiongraphics without HD footage?

Edit:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€193.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€52.08 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€59.90 @ Caseking)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€48.98 @ Pixmania DE)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.18 @ Hardwareversand)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€57.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €857.19
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-19 14:25 CEST+0200)

Like this? (i cant find haswell btw)
    I wouldn't buy an i3 for gaming - just too many multi-core games out there.

Also, if you're not overclocking, you don't need the "K" version quoted above.

Yes, you can add a screen later.

I'm more of a seagate than a Western Digital fan, but nothing wrong with WD - personal preference

The SSD is not just a quickboot - inevitably, program launchers, etc get installed to it - unless you want to end up micro-managing space, it becomes a huge issue - also, it makes a real nice place to dump a 32Gb Virtual memory file if you ever do get into more serious video editing.

Make sure you get 64 bit version of windows - Windows 8 SLE will be okay.

Deleted
    I wouldn't buy an i3 for gaming - just too many multi-core games out there.

Also, if you're not overclocking, you don't need the "K" version quoted above.

Yes, you can add a screen later.

I'm more of a seagate than a Western Digital fan, but nothing wrong with WD - personal preference

The SSD is not just a quickboot - inevitably, program launchers, etc get installed to it - unless you want to end up micro-managing space, it becomes a huge issue - also, it makes a real nice place to dump a 32Gb Virtual memory file if you ever do get into more serious video editing.

Make sure you get 64 bit version of windows - Windows 8 SLE will be okay.
    Like this:

PPCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€179.90 @ Caseking)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€91.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/imagemedium/1383065377.png (€60.18 @ Hardwareversand)
    Total: €875.11
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-19 14:55 CEST+0200)

And if i need extra disc space i can always put in another HDD disc right?
    Also removed the k version, shaves off another 5 bucks :P
    Yeah, forgot about that, thatll cost me another 150

That bitfenix case has lighting in it, does that bring some complications?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-19 at 12:57 PM.

SSD has no moving parts so it boots faster right?
    How does that 2GB videocard come out more expensive than the 4gb one?
    Because a GTX 770 is stronger than a GTX 760. The only situation I can imagine where you would want to have that much Vram is when you're playing on a higher resolution or you're playing really graphicly intensive games like BF4 and Crysis 3, as those games push around 2.2-2.4GB Vram at max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Because a GTX 770 is stronger than a GTX 760. The only situation I can imagine where you would want to have that much Vram is when you're playing on a higher resolution or you're playing really graphicly intensive games like BF4 and Crysis 3, as those games push around 2.2-2.4GB Vram at max settings.
    No point getting a gtx 760 with 4GB RAM because the card only has a 256 bit memory bus, which isn't enough.

Deleted
    Allright. So i pretty much got it figured out, going with the following:

Motherboard: ASRock H81M Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€52.29 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (€294.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €858.07
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-21 12:17 CEST+0200)
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-21 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: I noticed Cyrops quoted a H81 mainboard with a 3rd gen CPU - er, no - different sockets.
    What? The i3-4330 is haswell 1150 as well as H81 -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Allright. So i pretty much got it figured out, going with the following:

Motherboard: ASRock H81M Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€52.29 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (€294.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €858.07
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-21 12:17 CEST+0200)
    That i5 is not much more powerfull than 4330: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/420/Intel_Core_i3_i3-4330_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670.html
    You downgrade where it's not worth and upgrade where it's a not plausible, while wasting money where it's not needed.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What? The i3-4330 is haswell 1150 as well as H81 -_-

- - - Updated - - -

That i5 is not much more powerfull than 4330: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/420...5_i5-4670.html
    You downgrade where it's not worth and upgrade where it's a not plausible, while wasting money where it's not needed.
    Where am i downgrading and Where am i wasting money? What upgrade did you consider useless? The build u proposed said: "Also, since you don't want to mess with OC, I kept it simple. Don't be fooled, it will run shit on ultra ". I want it to run flawless on ultra. I also want to run wildstar flawless. I learned MMOs are more CPU intensive and rely on cores, figured quad core works better than dual core.

Or am I totally in the wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-22 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where am i downgrading and Where am i wasting money? What upgrade did you consider useless? The build u proposed said: "Also, since you don't want to mess with OC, I kept it simple. Don't be fooled, it will run shit on ultra ". I want it to run flawless on ultra. I also want to run wildstar flawless. I learned MMOs are more CPU intensive and rely on cores, figured quad core works better than dual core.

Or am I totally in the wrong?
    That should be read as "will run stuff on ultra" in case you misread it D: sorta my bad
    You downgraded mobo, for no reason, HDS is the non butchered mobo, also Seagate had bad year recently, it used to be top of the pack several years ago, now, not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    That should be read as "will run stuff on ultra" in case you misread it D: sorta my bad
    You downgraded mobo, for no reason, HDS is the non butchered mobo, also Seagate had bad year recently, it used to be top of the pack several years ago, now, not so much.
    Ah misunderstanding then . The mobo is the 1 thing I'm not sure about along with the psu. The ones u suggested should work, but aren't available at the shop I wanted to order it all from. Western to Seagate same story.

The mobo u suggested asrock h81 got a bit of negative feedback on the forum, people claimed it's no psie3.0 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rd-Y-U-so-many

Looking to compare it, I found the h87 for 10 bucks more. So figured that's the better option.

But if ur saying the asrock fits fine, I'm glad to rethink. What about the PSU btw? The one u suggested isn't for sale here either. Should I just go with the cheapest certified 80 bronze that fits my wattage use? (this 1 is about the same price (ridiculous this 1 is 30 dollars on partpicker) https://www.megekko.nl/product/498/951260/

Edit:

Took ur advice and rolled back basicly anything i could. Took the shinobi window case since it fits the budget and the computer is stationed in the living room, so a little extra for aestatics.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.97 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($52.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($319.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.62 @ TigerDirect)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $997.50
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-22 14:18 EDT-0400)

Basicly the parts u provided, but with a better CPU, GPU and more SSD space.
    When i pick all the parts at one of the shops i could buy from its around 850. With operating system 940 euros

Again, the power supply isnt available. Looking at this 1 instead
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair...-supply-cx500m
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-22 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the cheapest PSU I would recommend:
    https://www.megekko.nl/product/498/9...wer-7-450W-PSU

The h81 chip doesn't support pcie3 (or at least no mobo with that chip has pcie3). Current GPU's don't fully utilize PCIe2, so it's not that big of a deal.
    If you want PCIe3 you need a different chip mobo, but then the price goes up, almost 30% more:
    61e https://www.megekko.nl/product/671/161940/ASRock-H87M