Lightbulb Patch 6.0 changes

-Battlegrounds officially renamed to Botgrounds to better meet the meaning of the acronym "BG"
    -Everyone who displays any kind of human activity in a BG, whether independently or through a better than average bot program is instantly banned from BGs. Permanently.
    -Everyone is required to own a bot to play BGs, introducing an anti-warden program to make sure you have a bot program installed on your computer, otherwise access to BGs is limited.
    -BGs which were too complex for bots removed. Alterac Valley and Temple of Kot'mogu are optimal BGs for bot vs bot warfare.
    -Introducing Botrrisons, now you can recruit blizzard-controlled bots to drastically reduce queue times.
    -Given the popularity of these changes, the possibility of making bot raids and legalizing bot farming is being considered.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2014-04-18 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol'd 'cause it's the truth...

I usually refer to doing BGs as doing PvE nowadays but with more advanced UI's.

Man I must have the best luck in the world, or bots aren't all that common on US servers. I've started PvPing a lot in the last month and I have only ran into less than 10 bots.

IMO, as long as there is a PvP content that is solo queue-able, has rewards, and has no personal rating...there will be bots. I can only hope that one day Blizzard will swallow their pride and just put a solo queue on rated battlegrounds. Then, if players can't get their rating high enough to avoid the bots...they would probably enjoy playing with the bots more anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    IMO, as long as there is a PvP content that is solo queue-able, has rewards, and has no personal rating...there will be bots. I can only hope that one day Blizzard will swallow their pride and just put a solo queue on rated battlegrounds. Then, if players can't get their rating high enough to avoid the bots...they would probably enjoy playing with the bots more anyway.
    I really hoped that this is what Rated Battlegrounds would be when they were first announced. Not a shitfest of wizardcleaves with butchered games because you have to do 15m maps with 10m.

Problem is, how do you quantify performance? Most healing done? Not really. Top damage? God no. Flag caps? Thats crews over people who support, peel and heal the capper, base assaults? Promotes mindless zerging and rancid attitudes when someone else caps before another.

There's just no easy way to make solo RBG queues work, much as I'd love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I can only hope that one day Blizzard will swallow their pride and just put a solo queue on rated battlegrounds. Then, if players can't get their rating high enough to avoid the bots...they would probably enjoy playing with the bots more anyway.
    That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You have solo queue. It's called randoms.

Deleted
    -Given the popularity of these changes, the possibility of making bot raids and legalizing bot farming is being considered.
    With a monthly fee of just 10$ per charachter.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You have solo queue. It's called randoms.
    His point is to have some sort of rating system to random bgs. Bots will highly likely have the LOWEST ratings, so they will get shuffled together, while the people who actually play the game will have higher ratings and play against other real players. Queue times would suffer to much to have to match you with people of your rating though I would say.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Man I must have the best luck in the world, or bots aren't all that common on US servers. I've started PvPing a lot in the last month and I have only ran into less than 10 bots.
    You did 1 wsg? Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    His point is to have some sort of rating system to random bgs. Bots will highly likely have the LOWEST ratings, so they will get shuffled together, while the people who actually play the game will have higher ratings and play against other real players. Queue times would suffer to much to have to match you with people of your rating though I would say.
    Haha. The irony given the name of the person you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Problem is, how do you quantify performance? Most healing done? Not really. Top damage? God no. Flag caps? Thats crews over people who support, peel and heal the capper, base assaults? Promotes mindless zerging and rancid attitudes when someone else caps before another.

There's just no easy way to make solo RBG queues work, much as I'd love it.
    It would work the same way the rating works in RBGs currently; your win/loss ratio over a long period of time. In a way, this is already in operation with oQueue groups. You just wouldn't have to wait the 15-60 minutes between each match to manually form the Yolo groups.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really think an system for randoms such as bracketing queuing players into games within 10ilvls would cut down on bots.

After all people bot cause of the not competitive gear grind, what's fun about bging in blues/pve/fresh dinged gear against full honor/conquest geared people who destroy you?

I actually can't blame the people who do bot, tho I don't condone it, it's just easier with the current state of the game!

Making the playing field more even will bring back fairness and make more people actually want to play before getting full gear to feel competitive.

Also stop allowing people to change spec after entering a bg. Will stop wankers queuing as healers then switching, thus disadvantaging the other team