Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T1 rifts a waste of time ?

Right..

The last week me and 2 friends have been rifting on t3. We get 10-15 legendaries per 15 rifts. Ive been logging our drops by writing it down. So i know this is the correct number. Not something i just come up with.

I dont really have the gear to survive t3 or t2 alone without a tank, dmg is fine. So i play t1 to be able to farm effectively.
    I clear a t1 rift faster than the 3 of us clear a t3 rift together.

On t1 i get aprox 1 legendary every 4-6th rift. Best ive ever got is 1 legendary and a soul in one rift. In group best i got was 4+plan+soul
    I did 27 rifts today on t1. I got 4 legendaries.
    Alone i play with 41 magic find. with the other 2 i use another helm with 0 mf. So i have more magic find alone than in group aswell.

So here is my question. Is t1 rifts totaly useless ? it seems to me that i should just go normal bounty farming than rift t1.

RNG is RNG

Last night I got 8 legendaries from 3 T1 rifts

This morning I got 2 from 2 Rifts

Deleted
    No. You do get less when playing alone, and less on the lower difficulties. But the difference shouldn't be as big as 0.66 legendary / rift (taking your lower number here) compared to ~0.2 / rift. Afaik it's 10% more magic and / or legendary find per player. I'm not sure which one. You should get 15% more legendary find per torment level iirc.
    1 legendary every 4 rifts on T1 seems normal, though. I get 1 every ~3-4 rifts on T2. So it seems, in your runs with your friends you all were just extraordinarily lucky.

Played for three hours yesterday and got one legendary. Logged in a while later and did two rifts in 30 minutes, got 3 legendaries. Just how it goes sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Right..

The last week me and 2 friends have been rifting on t3. We get 10-15 legendaries per 15 rifts. Ive been logging our drops by writing it down. So i know this is the correct number. Not something i just come up with.

I dont really have the gear to survive t3 or t2 alone without a tank, dmg is fine. So i play t1 to be able to farm effectively.

On t1 i get aprox 1 legendary every 4-6th rift. Best ive ever got is 1 legendary and a soul in one rift. In group best i got was 4+plan+soul
    Alone i play with 41 magic find. with the other 2 i use another helm with 0 mf. So i have more magic find alone than in group aswell.

So here is my question. Is t1 rifts totaly useless ? it seems to me that i should just go normal bounty farming than rift t1.
    First, I don't have a source, but some Reddit number crunchers I recall have said MF is pretty useless until you get to a soft cap of 300. If you have a better helm with no MF, you should use that.

Second, no, T1 rifts are not a waste of time. I did T1 until a couple weeks ago and I remember my best rift was a solo one where I got a good-rolled Zunis, an Ouroborous, and a leg. weap (which I didn't use, but still). The drops are there, but it's random.

The rates on t2/3 with your friends is going to be better because of the group buff and the difficulty, but playing with your friends all the time isn't feasible. You just got unlucky. You will probably not get one every rift on t1, but it's worth it to try.

Right..

RNG is RNG. You do get more legendary drop chance at T3 over T1 but it is likely minuscule. I think you are just having good luck in playing with your friends. Also, plans do not count in the same counter as legendarys so that can be disregarded.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Once in torment its all mostly RNG. There is a slightly higher roll in your favor the greater the torment level, but it's still an inherently unpredictable system.

I usually run t2s and net about 1-2 legendaries a play session. Last night, we did a normal mode rift for a friend and got 4 legendaries. That morning I did a t1 solo and got 2 legs.

The human desire to seek out patterns is very much at work in the course of D3.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right..

Pretty sure there is a buff for parties that increases drops the more people you have near you.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guid...g-with-friends
    MULTIPLAYER BONUSES

While enemies grow in power with each additional party member that battles nearby, the rewards heroes receive from working together to defeat these foes also increases. In addition to bonus chance to find magical items and bonus gold received, you also receive bonus experience. This experience bonus is multiplicative with difficulty bonuses, so playing multiplayer at higher difficulty levels yields even greater rewards.
    • 2-player game: 10% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience
    • 3-player game: 20% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience
    • 4-player game: 30% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience

Deleted
    Right:

http://www.conceptstew.co.uk/PAGES/nsamplesize.html

First read this.

Then this:

https://www.random.org/

SUM=Solution to all conspiracy gobbledigook.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2014-04-18 at 04:08 PM.

No, I find them to be rather efficient at my current gear level.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

There's something seriously wrong with the drops. For a week now, one person that I play with has gotten 7x (I'm not kidding, I've gotten about 10 legendaries this week, he's gotten over 70... our clan log is filled with his legendaries) the rest of us. You can say RNG is RNG, but over a week with quite a bit of play time, I'd say that's bordering on a trend.

He got his barbarian from 1-70 and up to 700k sheet damage (with two terrible rolls on his originally int SoH and TF) in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with the drops. For a week now, one person that I play with has gotten 7x (I'm not kidding, I've gotten about 10 legendaries this week, he's gotten over 70... our clan log is filled with his legendaries) the rest of us. You can say RNG is RNG, but over a week with quite a bit of play time, I'd say that's bordering on a trend.

He got his barbarian from 1-70 and up to 700k sheet damage (with two terrible rolls on his originally int SoH and TF) in a day.
    RNG really is RNG. Diablo loot drops are really all about luck, which is why the emphasis must be placed upon EFFICIENCY, making sure you're killing as much stuff as possible in the shortest amount of time on the highest difficulty that you can keep that pace up. Think too hard about the randomness of loot and you'll have a bad time of it; instead worry about how to increase your efficiency in killing things, if you want more loot.

In a game like Diablo, where the gearing curve is measured in months or longer, a week isn't really a trend, it's just a lucky streak.

If we'd go by that I'd claim that anything but doing t6 was essentially a waste of time for me. Personally I couldn't find any difference between running t1 and t3 although I obviously stuck to t3 for the additional xp. You still need the luck to get the drops though. I can play a whole evening of that crap with
    Yes some people have serious amounts of luck. There actually might be a reason like bad programming who knows but it's hard to figure it out.

MF was nerfed to such a degree that it is utterly pointless to create a set unless it is for more blue drops to vendor for gold, even then it's questionable, it's seriously just an utterly worthless stat now.

I run T3 & T4 rifts with a full group, we generally find more on T3, T4 is only a few minutes longer, but T3 always seems to deliver the results, we almost always get a legendary each within 15-20 seconds of each other, and I'd say 60-70% of the time get at least one legendary each rift each person, not counting souls.

But we also get streaks of no legendaries or like what happened last night were one of us got 4 and the rest of us 3 in a single rift.

We also clear the entire rift if it has good density, if not we finish after the boss and jump into the next rift.

Legendaries drop constantly, it's upgrades that are rare.

As to are they useless? Depends, do you want new set items? Do you want more XP and Gold? Do you want Torment only legs? Do you have a slightly higher chance at all legendaries? Then they aren't useless.

The speed at which I can clear T1 makes normal useless for me, the maybe, two minutes saved wouldn't be worth the %, xp and gold loss.

Luck is a factor, but people over value it, efficiency is massively important, on T3, trash is dead within 2 seconds, elites in 10-15, 20-25 is its got some stupid affix, we kill thousands of mobs in minutes, this is what gets us legendaries, not luck, the upgrades are the luck. (On that note, density is important too, we might be able to plow through armies of demons, but if they are spaced out, low in number, mobs that fly off/run away etc, you'll see less efficiency and thus less loot, generally.)

I'd be more concerned of the drop rates of the actual legendary items, i.e, certain slots and certain items I'm positive have a much higher chance to roll, blackthornes for example, rings, belts and wrists, etc.

Edit: 280 hours in with RoS, and this has been an almost constant experience for me, factoring in RNG does and will change that up, but generally, you see expected results.

Edit 2: Bounty drop rates have sucked ass for me though.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-04-18 at 05:17 PM.

That's how RNG works.

Even the most absurd outcomes are guaranteed to happen.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Torment 1 rifts are fine. I've been alternating between T1 and T2 and there's no easily perceivable difference in drop rates. You'll either have good RNG, bad RNG, or regular RNG. Either way, do whichever difficulty you can quickly farm.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Either way, do whichever difficulty you can quickly farm.
    this and do somthing else while farming to take your mind somwhere else

Netflix etc. on 2nd monitor improves your droprate i tell ya !!!

also headphones on the wrong way helps a ton

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    No. You do get less when playing alone, and less on the lower difficulties. But the difference shouldn't be as big as 0.66 legendary / rift (taking your lower number here) compared to ~0.2 / rift. Afaik it's 10% more magic and / or legendary find per player. I'm not sure which one. You should get 15% more legendary find per torment level iirc.
    1 legendary every 4 rifts on T1 seems normal, though. I get 1 every ~3-4 rifts on T2. So it seems, in your runs with your friends you all were just extraordinarily lucky.
    It also depends on your MF from gear. I have the 2pc rings + the flawless royal gem in my helm, giving me 56% MF when playing alone.

If you can run higher Torment you should, more xp if anything is always good.

There is a guy I play with (same paragon level as myself) who gets multiple times more legendaries than me, I dont get them often, maybe once every 2 hours of play, he gets them in some constant stream. If there is any good example it's the 240 forgotten souls he has, against my 5. Not sure how it makes sense, but its pretty consistent since the exp release.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4