Deleted

Just a crazy idea for the future of WoW

Can you imagine such "surprise"?
    - WoW final expansion: Sargeras wins
    - Sargeras wins and entirely destroyes Azeroth
    - Nozdormu (keeper of time) sacrifices himself to bring us back in time right before the global collapse of our world
    - WoW 2
    - We get back before the "War of the Ancients" time
    - The true mission is to defeat Sargeras when tries to enter the portal (he was been only a little wounded)
    - Azeroth is still in "Pangea" shape

experience the most epic history of Warcraft, among ultracool lore-characters such as:
    Azshara
    Broxigar (unlimited epicness)
    Krasus
    Illidan (still good)
    Cenarius
    Neltharion (corrupted but still good)
    Xavius
    Dath'Remar
    Jarod Shadowsong
    Lady Vashj
    a lot more...

Problems:
    - many actual playable races don't exist that time

Disclaimer: I'm actually bored at work, please understand me.. but I'm ready to be flamed

Deleted
    It's not so crazy when you think the upcomming expansion will be very simillar story-wise to what you just wrote.

Repeating the same story is just boring even with a twist. WoW2 would be a massive failure. Everquest 2 showed that (there you play in an alternative Universe where the moon exploded). No, we need to continue and develop the stories.

Here are some things that alone can be continued and expanded much more:

"There is always a Lich King, Bolvar finally turned evil"
    "The last of the Black Dragons is now adult and has big plans for Azeroth"
    "The Burning Legion found Azeroth without the use of a portal"
    "The creatures from the Dark Below get to the surface, led by a old god corrupted Neptulon"
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-04-09 at 09:44 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sort of the thing that my girlfriend had thought up right after Blizzcon, that Warlords could set us up for WoW2. Kil'jaeden hears the call and fucks everything up and we start fresh. I think it was that or we end up being stuck on old Draenor and we start over from there as exiles to rediscover Azeroth after traveling through the Dark Portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of time travel because it's rarely done well, imo. More often than not it's just a cheap gimmick to revisit content/lore that's already been created and thought out. Don't really mind occasionally getting a glimpse into possible futures and things of that nature like in the End Time instance. I mean, I'd rather just not, but I can tolerate it. However, getting an entire expansion in the past/alternate realities? No thanks. I'd rather the story be pushed forward than for the writers to rest on their laurels and pander to people chomping at the bit to hang out with the X Warcraft hero or Y Warcraft villain.

As for the idea of us losing, I like that one. I've thought about how nice, in a kind of screwed up way, it would be for us to finally get knocked down a peg. We've beaten two Old Gods, Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Ragnaros, the Lich King - we're freakin invincible. Gets kind of old when you just inevitably win, win, win. It'd be interesting to lose. Maybe not get steam-rolled. Maybe injure Sargeras or whoever enough to keep them from completely obliterating us, but at the same time fail to protect something vital. Like some kind of super powerful Titan defense that was left behind for us or something like Nordrassil or some kind of super important protector, maybe someone like Amun Thul. And so we're crippled and like 'oh shit, we goofed up. time to lick our wounds and pick up the pieces and try to rebuild our shattered world'. The cataclysm has already kind of done those things, so I don't like it's likely at all or financially feasible for Blizz to remake Azeroth again, but I like the idea from a story perspective.
    Look! Words!

Even crazier ideas:
    Expansion 6 - we return to Northrend and help liberate Bolvar Fordragon;
    Expansion 7 - we return from Northrend to discover that Wrathion has gone completely mad and is going to tear Azeroth apart;
    Expansion 8 - after saving Azeroth from Wrathion, we discover a new land previously hidden beneath the Oceans where we discover a new race of neutral beings