Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've had DK tanks apply to my guild.

I laughed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Or Blood Elf/Human. I just don't understand why so many people hate DKs... There are some really good dks out there.
    Think it's the old WotLK mentally, when all rolled DKs and 95% had no damn clue what to do and stained the name. Know many awesome DKs but see even more bad ones. So I would say DK still have worst rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I've had DK tanks apply to my guild.

I laughed.
    I laugh at the fact you think every Death Knight is worthless. When played right, any class can easily get through any level of content you're playing through. I highly doubt you're in the 0.01% doing the very top-end Heroic Progression, so the fact that you'll turn away someone based on their class alone, and not their potential skill set and attitude makes me think your guild clearly isn't very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I laugh at the fact you think every Death Knight is worthless. When played right, any class can easily get through any level of content you're playing through. I highly doubt you're in the 0.01% doing the very top-end Heroic Progression, so the fact that you'll turn away someone based on their class alone, and not their potential skill set and attitude makes me think your guild clearly isn't very good.
    Agree on that, judging by the class is like judging by the color of the skin; simply stupid and ignorant. My brother play DK Blood and is the best tank I've seen, he is highly regarded on the server we play on and many guilds want him as tank.

my vote would be for monks - mostly due to people stupidity and inablity to keep up shuffle - active mitigation is really cool - sadly there way to many people for whom it simple to hard - im not spekaing here about Hc raiding lv cause by the time someone gets there he usually knows his class really well - but on mid lv - flex/normal - people just push buttons praying it will be ok without thinking why they push them - i have seen only 2 good monk tanks this expansion while i have seen plenty of good tanks from other classes - what i observed people playing monk tanks either play them really really good or are squishy as it was a cloth user tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Well when you had supposedly stopped playing it was dk tanks. Everybody hated them.
    Yeah, thats one big reason I stuck with mine. I can't tell you how many times I would get asked to leave a raid, or play another toon, when I was playing with people for the first time. Once they played with me for awhile, they would be the people sending me tells when I logged on to tank for them. LOved that feeling.

Honestly I have a much worse time when a Feral or Warrior is tanking. Hardly ever see Monk/Dk noobs and Pally is too easy to fuck up on.
    Hi Sephurik

On a good level where you can assume everyone know the basics of their class, I'd say DK by far. Guardian druids don't have the best rep either but it's nothing like DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Honestly I have a much worse time when a Feral or Warrior is tanking. Hardly ever see Monk/Dk noobs and Pally is too easy to fuck up on.
    Paladins is the easiest class to fuck up on. How can you have problems with Ferals or Warriors tanking? Both can pretty much /afk and still do decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say I enjoy Brewmaster, Blood and Protection (Warrior) tanking specializations the most (in that order). Guardian and Protection (Paladin) feel like a sub-tank specialization for some reason and their skill floor isn't all that high.

I wouldn't say their skill ceiling is that high either (as one of the Paladin's mentioned before) but each to their own. Brewmaster and Blood have been by far the most complicated tanks to play because they've more active mitigation than the others, with everything being reactive it requires a higher skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Paladins is the easiest class to fuck up on. How can you have problems with Ferals or Warriors tanking? Both can pretty much /afk and still do decent.
    I'd say paladins are the most common ones to be macro'ing their active mitigation into a rotation and happily doing heroic like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I'm not the guy you quoted, but I can see where he might be coming from. While it is true that they're in a strong position in MoP, I've had some really horrible experience with freshly dinged 80 Feral Druids in WotLK. In heroics, they pulled more than they could handle and didn't have any gear to tank through it properly. It was 3.1 and I had full Ulduar gear, and yet I was still unable to heal them through, they died one time after another like a squishie.

Nowadays I have no issue healing any tank, as long as they have a decent idea what they're supposed to do and at least decent gear. Never had a bad Brewmaster, I'm not sure if what they say about their skill cap is blown out of proportion or if I'm just really lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd say paladins are the most common ones to be macro'ing their active mitigation into a rotation and happily doing heroic like that.
    That makes very little sense as for paladins missing or hitting their active mitigation matters more than the other tank classes as it got shorter uptime and higher effect.

Deleted
    Hm DK is really easy sorry, but in my opinion Brewmaster like the most before me said

That makes very little sense as for paladins missing or hitting their active mitigation matters more than the other tank classes as it got shorter uptime and higher effect.
    Your class guides, not mine. What can I say.

@Krucielzz reason people say dk's is that unless they are geared (and usually overgeared) for the content they get annihilated if active mitigation is mistimed and cooldown's aren't used aggressively. Once a dk has enough gear they are near enough invincible just from the death strikes, but unlike most tanks % based mitigation, dk's is static and there's a clear line between "easy" and "hard" rather than a smooth scale.

The main issue bad tanks run into is not using their actual cd's, except for monks who seem to ignore literally everything for some reason because hey it's being staggered lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Well I don't know what you define as very top-end, but I lead the #10 ranked 10m in the US. I can tell you, I wouldn't have recruited a DK this expansion if they had been the best player in the world. In ToT, they were hopeless. Their damage output was a shadow of brewmasters and paladins, and even druids and warriors were better options than them. By the time Siege came out and they fixed this, their reputation was the worst tank was well established, if now somewhat unfounded. Too little, too late. Our tank core is established, and DKs certainly aren't a part of that. Maybe WoD will see DKs back on top like Ulduar. Who knows?

I didn't raid competitively T14 so I don't know how they were then.

Deleted
    belf male DK's and warriors sitting at 100 rage being killed on dark shamans trash in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    Well I don't know what you define as very top-end, but I lead the #10 ranked 10m in the US. I can tell you, I wouldn't have recruited a DK this expansion if they had been the best player in the world. In ToT, they were hopeless. Their damage output was a shadow of brewmasters and paladins, and even druids and warriors were better options than them. By the time Siege came out and they fixed this, their reputation was the worst tank was well established, if now somewhat unfounded. Too little, too late. Our tank core is established, and DKs certainly aren't a part of that. Maybe WoD will see DKs back on top like Ulduar. Who knows?

I didn't raid competitively T14 so I don't know how they were then.
    Idk, the guild that came in #9 for US had a blood dk tank :> (so did #8, and #1)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Idk, the guild that came in #9 for US had a blood dk tank :> (so did #8, and #1)
    And yet the overall representation still favors other classes. Further, we haven't looked for a tank since ToT, when DKs were so terrible that several guilds had their main tanks swap classes. From a perspective of the entire expansion they've done the worst.

Deleted
    I would say DKs.

Not to say that DKs are a bad class - I honestly don't know, but all the DKs I do know are either quite hard to heal or very bad DPS (which I assume is because they're holding onto all their resources until they take damage). I think it's the fact that because they start at a higher level, people wanting to try a tank class go for them and never actually learn how to play while levelling up because every dungeon can be won just spamming Heart Strike. They never really learn the nuances of Death Strike and runes.

Paladins and maybe Warriors have the best rep. They're quite tough even if they don't know what they're doing and they wont die in seconds like a badly played Monk will. You can definitely notice the difference between a bad and good Paladin though.