10+ Year Old Account

Question How good is Demonology for dungeoning/raiding?

Even though I have a 90 Warlock I still consider myself sort of "new" to the class so I was just wondering in regards to raiding and dungeons, how good is Demonology? I know Destruction is apparently the best spec for DPS but I really enjoy Demonology and when I tried out Destruction I found it kind of boring compared to Demonology. So I guess my question would be, is Demonology a decent spec for running dungeons and raiding? I just much rather use a spec I find fun over a spec that feels boring to me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Demonology has much lower numbers, but it is fun and way more suited to my style than destro and affliction.
    You could use demo as long as you aren't trying to do hardcore progression raiding, because at that point destro would do a lot more dps for the same effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo has its strengths and weaknesses, but you can overcome most of those with good play. Its not a "Bad" spec, contrary to what you may hear from some, its just overshadowed by Destro/Aff. If you know what you're doing, you can top the meters as Demo regardless of who you play with; however, it will take more effort on your part to do this.

I think Demo is more fun as well, and I can perform within (feels like) ~5% of my dps with Destro a majority of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    On single target it can be just as strong as Destro, if not stronger played well. Its main 'weakness' compared to Destro is the fact that Destro gains embers on add fights, and Demo you just run out of fury. Completely viable to play, only fight it just gets out-shined totally on is when you compare it to Aff on 'cleave' fights like Protectors / start of Dark Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    On single target it can be just as strong as Destro, if not stronger played well. Its main 'weakness' compared to Destro is the fact that Destro gains embers on add fights, and Demo you just run out of fury. Completely viable to play, only fight it just gets out-shined totally on is when you compare it to Aff on 'cleave' fights like Protectors / start of Dark Shaman.
    It remains strong on Dark Shamans though, if you're not tasked with going with the group that goes 'upstairs', since you'll have plenty of blobs to aoe. If you're one of those hipsters who fight both at once, well... ^^,
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    It remains strong on Dark Shamans though, if you're not tasked with going with the group that goes 'upstairs', since you'll have plenty of blobs to aoe. If you're one of those hipsters who fight both at once, well... ^^,
    Sometimes I forget the strats we use aren't what the rest of the community sees =P

@OP,

Demonology is fine for playing with if you can perform. It has a much higher skillcap than any of the other specs, and not playing it very well will result in a significant damage drop compared to similar effort put in to play destruction. I love the spec though, and would recommend you to give it a go if you want. :-)
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-04-18 at 10:47 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    needs gear and wating for shadow bolt to cast takes ages, be sure to have a book to read between casts.

Deleted
    I think demonology is really fun to play. Both visually and when it comes to the mechanics. It is a shame that destruction is currently both easier , more versatile and does better DPS, making demonology (or affliction for that matter, but especially demonology) pretty much ignored.

Demo is mid table on nearly every fight. its only decent on nazgrim because of the faithful padding at the start of the fight. While aff dominates on pretty much everything. Its decent on paragons because of the all the fury generated from hand of gul'dan and also all of the soulfire procs that will also give you high uptime on ur two piece. If your group is having trouble with dps then ur probably going to have to go aff tho.
    immerseus:destro/demo, protectors: aff, norushen: aff, sha: aff/destro(more focused around aoe dmg but ends up doing about the same overall dmg. aff is more useful dmg), galakras: destro,, iron jugg: aff, shamans: aff, nazgrim: aff, malkorok: aff, spoils: aff/destro (aff shines when u open boxes quickly because of dot extending), thok: aff, siege: aff/destro (lots of mines will make destro shine), paragons: destro/demo, garrosh: destro
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    @OP,

Demonology is fine for playing with if you can perform. It has a much higher skillcap than any of the other specs, and not playing it very well will result in a significant damage drop compared to similar effort put in to play destruction. I love the spec though, and would recommend you to give it a go if you want. :-)
    When you say any other spec do you mean of warlocks or all classes? Not DoC feral hard i hope D:

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    When you say any other spec do you mean of warlocks or all classes? Not DoC feral hard i hope D:
    Arguably easier than DoC feral, yeah, but with all the quirks available to minmax... I haven't tried personally (feral), but out of Shadowpriest, Elemental, Enhancement, Assassination, all hunter specs, it's just a lot more to keep track of. Going from destro to demo is interesting, but the other way around now is boring.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud