10+ Year Old Account

Automatically Learned Glyphs

While leveling, characters unlock Glyph slots at several specific levels. However, in order to get glyphs, characters need to visit an Auction House (and potentially pay way more gold than an average character of that level has yet), or know a Scribe from which to request them. To solve this, we've made characters learn some Glyphs automatically as they level.

All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs as they level. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed.

At level 25, Glyph of the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
    Glyph of Entangling Roots, Glyph of Fae Silence, Glyph of Ferocious Bite, Glyph of Maul, Glyph of Omens, Glyph of Cat Form, Glyph of Liberation, Glyph of Pathfinding, Glyph of Frost Nova, Glyph of Blink, Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres, Glyph of Rapid Rolling, Glyph of Afterlife, Glyph of Harsh Words, Glyph of Flash of Light, Glyph of the Alabaster Shield, Glyph of Dazing Shield, Glyph of Avenging Wrath, Glyph of Templar's Verdict, Glyph of Levitate, Glyph of Holy Fire, Glyph of Fade, Glyph of Deadly Momentum, Glyph of Stealth, Glyph of Flame Shock, Glyph of Thunder, Glyph of Healing Storm, Glyph of Healing Wave, Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace, Glyph of Siphon Life, Glyph of Drain Life, Glyph of Demon Training, Glyph of Ember Tap, Glyph of Long Charge, Glyph of Victory Rush, Glyph of Bloodthirst, Glyph of Gag Order

At level 50, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
    Glyph of Might of Ursoc, Glyph of Nature's Grasp, Glyph of Rebirth, Glyph of Rejuvenation, Glyph of Savagery, Glyph of Mending, Glyph of Chimera Shot, Glyph of Black Ice, Glyph of Polymorph, Glyph of Spinning Crane Kick, Glyph of Denounce, Glyph of Divine Storm, Glyph of Word of Glory, Glyph of Reflective Shield, Glyph of Smite, Glyph of Mind Blast, Glyph of Recuperate, Glyph of Totemic Recall, Glyph of Fear, Glyph of the Executor

At level 60, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
    Glyph of Dark Succor, Glyph of Unholy Command, Glyph of Death Grip

At level 75, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
    Glyph of Death and Decay, Glyph of Dash, Glyph of Faerie Fire, Glyph of Healing Touch, Glyph of the Master Shapeshifter, Glyph of Misdirection, Glyph of Slow, Glyph of Frostfire Bolt, Glyph of Water Elemental, Glyph of Breath of Fire, Glyph of Mana Tea, Glyph of Fists of Fury, Glyph of Light of Dawn, Glyph of Final Wrath, Glyph of Double Jeopardy, Glyph of Penance, Glyph of Renew, Glyph of Dispersion, Glyph of Ambush, Glyph of Cheap Shot, Glyph of Lightning Shield, Glyph of Eternal Earth, Glyph of Healthstone, Glyph of Bull Rush, Glyph of Enraged Speed, Glyph of Shield Wall
    Source - Alpha Patch Notes

Of all the professions, this one seems to be hit the hardest. People will now auto-learn glyphs as they level. I wonder what other professions will take a hit.

they are a handful of glyphs they are giving for free. there are still plenty of drop glyphs, darkmoon cards, shoulders..

If we survived ´one learned always known´.. this is nothing compared to that change.

besides, are any profs really that useful for making money? a lot of gem slots are being removed to.

Deleted
    Concentrate more on minor glyphs and really develop on letting people define their own characters their own way and I think it would become much more viable. I wanna see sunwalker glyphs, pandaria shaman glyphs, night elf specific glyphs.

Although yeah it does seem major glyphs from the profession are becoming a thing of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    a lot of gem slots are being removed to.
    True. Looks like Jewelcrafting will take a hit too. Never thought I would see the day when ENG made money and Scribe/JC did not.

I'm sure they'll at least explain more eventually. Maybe JC goes back to crafting helms like http://www.wowhead.com/item=24123 and Inscription can make BoE staves instead of BoA.

they still have minor glyphs( that can get really pricey on the 2 servers i play on.)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hate to be someone who paid to boost a 60 just to level it and then have it be a waste of money.

Scribes money maker has always been darkmoon cards/trinkets. They're not giving all of the Glyphs for free either. Looks like maybe 15-20% of them, tops.

There's already a thread with almost the exact same name as this. Seriously. Check the Professions subforum. And no, they're adding so, so many new glyphs and most, if not all, of them aren't on the "automatically learned" list. It's going to be a massive, rainbow shining waterfall for Scribes come the pre-patch.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There's already a thread with almost the exact same name as this. Seriously. Check the Professions subforum. And no, they're adding so, so many new glyphs and most, if not all, of them aren't on the "automatically learned" list. It's going to be a massive, rainbow shining waterfall for Scribes come the pre-patch.
    Too many sub forums. More interested in continuous discussion, not a lost thread with 5 views.

I don't know about anybody else, but I have made a lot of gold from inscription and it never once involved selling glyphs....

There will still be plenty of useful and interesting glyphs for people to collect. You'll also probably see less competition for your market when professions lose their raid perks, and become truly optional pursuits.

You realize Darkmoon Faire trinkets are still going to be THE most expensive profession goods out there for the entirety of the first tier?

I made 500k gold off MoP trinkets at the start of the expac. Since the icons for the trinkets, cards and decks have already been datamined for WoD, I don't see why this would be any different this time around.