Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have the worst luck when it comes to raid loot

I do LFR and Flex for the past 5 weeks in an attempt to replace my 495 rings. (Can't do normal yet because I can't find a guild willing to take me in normals at 534 item level) I either get gold or items I already have or don't need. I've used 15 bonus loot rolls from the coins and 90% of the time I roll gold. I feel like I'm never going to replace these 496 rings. =(

Oh dear, I have 32 Cat lady kills and I still don't have my blue robe.

Though this might just add up to that, I can't tell what rings you need, let's say strength. That is Garakrond, Thok, Shamans For tanking at least.

Let me cheer you up then! Over 50 total dark shaman kills across 3 difficulties, coined normal over 10 times over the past 5 months. Zero haromms talismans to be had! oh joyyyy

Go farm timeless isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Oh dear, I have 32 Cat lady kills and I still don't have my blue robe.

Though this might just add up to that, I can't tell what rings you need, let's say strength. That is Garakrond, Thok, Shamans For tanking at least.
    Rings for my Hunter. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    Let me cheer you up then! Over 50 total dark shaman kills across 3 difficulties, coined normal over 10 times over the past 5 months. Zero haromms talismans to be had! oh joyyyy
    I got that trinket this week in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Rings for my Hunter. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I got that trinket this week in LFR.
    Rook's unlucky talisman continue's to allude me. It's almost like it's.... unlucky

*Cha cha*

13/14 HC with a flex trink. Meh, it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you join a raiding guild that uses some point system. Eventually when the item you want drops, you buy it w/ the points you've saved up for each raid.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

no you don't, not even close. never got trinket last tier ToT, used around 30 bonus rolls. Still haven't gotten trinket so far this tier from Immerseus, on heroic or flex, bonus roll every week (no idea how many, in the high 20's I'd estimate). Across 6 casters I have however won 13 cloaks from Immerseus .... out of only like 75 total bonus rolls, so I'm actually winning on the odds there, almost 20% of the time I win something from Immerseus

rng totally sucks, would be a lot more fun if some time of currency system like pvp has was implemented. ... and before anyone retorts that bliz MUST dangle the carrot on a stick, think about just how many ppl are happy with how pvp works. Earning your gear and then just playing the exact same thing over and over and over and over again, the same few arenas, the same few comps, the same focus target macro cc chains and kill orders, OVER AND OVER day after day, week after week, match after match, but the game remains fun. In pvp you get to focus on and complain about things regarding ... *gasp* GAME PLAY.

The dangling carrot probably pisses a lot more people off and loses more subs than it retains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's why you join a raiding guild that uses some point system. Eventually when the item you want drops, you buy it w/ the points you've saved up for each raid.

Unless it's a 25 man, the same stuff drops every week. Literally, exact same drops in 10 man, every week.

- - - Updated - - -

However, obviously all bosses can be killed just fine at 565-570 ilvl, which just happens during heroic progression even with 10 man terrible rng, so every piece of gear is not all that important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    13/14 HC with a flex trink. Meh, it happens.

14/14 with a flex trinket here ;( stupid thok's.

Farm valor and buy the shado pan ring or just farm timeless isle.

pvp and buy 522ilvl ring
    you even can chose what sec stats you want

That's very unfortunate sorry about the bad RNG

Thoks trinket doesnt want to drop for me either =o

It's a conspiracy!

I say keep at it, they are likely to drop for you eventually, even if it takes a while.

This is a dumb question but have you possibly considered transferring? You say you can't find a guild willing to take you at 534 ilvl but how hard have you actually looked? Especially nowadays that you can do xrealm SoO, it seems to be popular for guilds to have cross realm trial members. Your ilvl is completely fine, seeing as any real guild would know that gear comes along with playing the game, it's not uncommon to recruit and gear new members (assuming the guild is in need of raiders of course) I suggest you look around and ask =) I'm a returning player from wotlk, who skipped all of cataclysm, only to come back to WoW during SoO, I had absolutely 0 problems finding myself a group to raid with, just gotta do a bit of research to make sure they are right for you. I think you will find there are people who would be more than happy to take a new raider.
    Ulvi - Level 90 Holy Paladin - Whisperwind US

Sig by Shyama

68 rolls on bosses that drop weapons from vaults to ToT on my enhancement shaman, still using one 47x and a heroic dungeon blue. I have a average item level of 500, and my theoretical max sustained dps is only about 85k... yay?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Depends. Only heard bad things about DKP/EPGP/W/E guilds. Mostly due to what you are essentially telling him to do - save up his points untill a big upgrade drops, then spend them, passing over all the smaller upgrades that may end up going for OS or being given as an even weaker upgrade to someone else (imagine having 540 flex boots and 559 normal warforged ones dropped, small enough of an upgrade that you'd save the points for a 496->553 ring, but then someone else ends up with a 553->559 boot upgrade instead, and the raid is that much weaker). Loot council is by far the best system :P.

All that aside, I second the "go farm timeless isle"-thing. You get two free burdens if you haven't already used them (one from getting honored and killing the archydude of flame, and one from the chest on Ordos' plateu), and apart from that, they're reasonably easy to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    68 rolls on bosses that drop weapons from vaults to ToT on my enhancement shaman, still using one 47x and a heroic dungeon blue. I have a average item level of 500, and my theoretical max sustained dps is only about 85k... yay?
    Afraid to queue SoO?
    85k isn't the worst I see there, I would recommend you add that to your list, if you know how to play your class and understand the encounters you'll be fine for SoO lfr, you wont be on top of charts ofcourse, but you likely wont be holding your group back either.
    Ulvi - Level 90 Holy Paladin - Whisperwind US

Sig by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    im ilvl 564 and yet im still using a 522 neck...rng is rng

It took me about 35 boss kills (counting every boss who drops a ranged weapon in flex or normal) until I got rid of my ToT bow.

Took me another 15-20ish boss(Counting every boss who drops a ranged weapon on heroic +bonus rolls on almost everyone) kills until I got a heroic ranged weapon.

Now the bow off protectors gets DEd like every week. And a warforged one won't even drop.

It'll probably take another 40 H shaman kills before a trinket drops.

10 man loot is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    It took me about 35 boss kills (counting every boss who drops a ranged weapon in flex or normal) until I got rid of my ToT bow.

Took me another 15-20ish boss(Counting every boss who drops a ranged weapon on heroic +bonus rolls on almost everyone) kills until I got a heroic ranged weapon.

Now the bow off protectors gets DEd like every week. And a warforged one won't even drop.

It'll probably take another 40 H shaman kills before a trinket drops.

10 man loot is shit.
    Eh, our 10 man alt raid basicly has everyone in full heroic, lacking maybe 1 piece of gear each on average atm. It's not so bad (we didn't start heroics untill mid january). Just make sure you've got a proper setup to share tokens and armor classes etc .

I've had some bad strings of luck, but I think the worst was when I was doing every possible boss in LFR and reg/heroic on my hunter the first tier of MoP and not seeing anything until over a month after ToT's launch. So I sat on a blue bow (50 points away from pvp bow, but didn't care after how silly hunter was in arena) until the first content patch, totally awesome luck.
    Stay salty my friends.