eclipse dot changes

"Eclipse now increases the damage of all Nature spells (or Arcane, depending on which Eclipse state is active) cast while it is active. This means that for example: a Moonfire cast during Eclipse will receive the Eclipse benefit through its whole duration, even after leaving Eclipse. The reverse also holds true; a Moonfire cast before entering Eclipse will not benefit from that Eclipse until it is recast."

Wait, I thought this was already how it functioned? So this means as it is now, as soon you as leave eclipse your eclipsed dot is no longer benefiting from eclipse? I always try to refresh my ecilpsed dot before I leave eclipse...should I be recasting my eclipsed dot as soon as I enter eclipse then?
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-04-19 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    "Eclipse now increases the damage of all Nature spells (or Arcane, depending on which Eclipse state is active) cast while it is active. This means that for example: a Moonfire cast during Eclipse will receive the Eclipse benefit through its whole duration, even after leaving Eclipse. The reverse also holds true; a Moonfire cast before entering Eclipse will not benefit from that Eclipse until it is recast."

Wait, I thought this was already how it functioned? So this means as it is now, as soon you as leave eclipse your eclipsed dot is no longer benefiting from eclipse? I always try to refresh my ecilpsed dot before I leave eclipse...should I be recasting my eclipsed dot as soon as I enter eclipse then?
    No in Mists all DoTs snapshot everything. When you leave eclipse it still is eclipse buffed if you applied that dot in eclipse. In Warlords, snapshotting is going away, but a few very explicit class mechanics like eclipse will continue to snapshot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

My understanding is that you would still want to re-cast your eclipsed dot before leaving eclipse each time - at least at the start of the expansion like we did in MoP. Other things like Nature's Grace, Trinket Procs, other temporary buffs will be dynamically added to the damage of the DoT, but not the Eclipse damage buff portion.

So yea, we will still re-cast eclipsed dot right before leaving that specific Eclipse.

this tooltip is only to highlight the fact that eclipse is an exception from the removal of snapshotting.