Poll: do you like this idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Idea for PVP vs PVE balance

I posed this on the official forums and ill copy it here.

Ok to start everyone knows the classic fight between PVP and PVE, balance one hurt the other. its a back and forth that has been going for 9 years ever sense they added BG's. so lets end this and solve a few PVP side internal issues at the same time.

1) All players at level cap get 75% resil.
    2) Players had a 40% resil hard cap. this means that no mater how much pvp power a player has they will always deal 40% less damage to players
    3) PVP power beyond 35% damage grants bonus to crit/haste/mastery Vs. players based on class and spec.
    4) Resilience reduces healing delt to all targets ( self included ). pvp power healing would follow the same rule as damage, 40% hard cap.

Now I understand that they are trying to balance the game so that resil is not needed; however if they use these changes combined with what they have planed the game as a whole can be sync'ed much better.
    having a hard cap of 40% resil allows dev's to tune gear and PVE mob around the concept that players will always deal 60% of the damage they to to mob to each other. having that in hand and enforcing the 40% hard cap across all seasons will not only control 1 shots in PVP but will also help to reduce the back and forth between PVE buffs and PVP nerfs.

Second making resilience reduce healing will help control the god mode healers. they will need pvp power to get 60% effectiveness but will always be atleast 40% below their PVE mark.

all said and done WoD would be a good time to do this. with the squish they have a chance to once and for all find a happy balance between PVP and PVE players. a balance both can be happy with and do it at a time when player are basically relearning the game to the shock of a new system will be easy to adjust to.

How about they should do what they will never do... seperate pve and pvp abilities so we can stop these buffs to classes that need it it pve and make them even stronger in pvp when they were already way to strong. This way you can fine tune each area of the game.. but this will never happen.

no it wont they said they dont want to make 2 effects for every spell. to that end this is a good alternative

the wont separate PvP and PvE because the want people to easily transition between the 2.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    I posed this on the official forums and ill copy it here.
    Part of the problem here is that everyone has a different solution based on what they want from the game
    Me? I think it's important to get PvP going as part of the actual gameworld, encourage players to take part and stop the enforced separation of PvP via instancing.
    How would I consider doing that?

1: Separate PvP and PvE. Balance each separately.
    2: Tune the abilities differently....PvP affects a fixed percentage of health; PvE affects a fixed value.
    3: Make use of the existing systems and mechanics - Resilience, Battle Fatigue, Tenacity and so on - to control unfairness.

The goal here would be to ensure PvP can take place in the open world. That mechanics are in place to address issues of fairness and to curb the more annoying abuses. To take PvP out of the instances and put it out into the gameworld by enforcing rules on world PvP and getting rid of as many barriers as possible ....and then extending those rules into BGs, arenas and world bosses.

Others would disagree with that because they would prefer other aspects to be prioritised.

EJL

Deleted
    Imo no base resilience and battle fatigue.
    PvP gear is there for a reason, put resi on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    the wont separate PvP and PvE because the want people to easily transition between the 2.
    The worst transition was having the major differences in hit rating/expertise, and they're being removed. They need to separate PvP and PvE effects.

I'd actually do pvp if they just separated it already and be done with it.

the goal with my idea is to end the constant balancing of spells. having a fixed metric to work with would allow for a lot more room to tune the encounter vs. the spell. the push to allow players to go between the two with easy is a good one. before base resil it was miserable trying to get into PVP as a PVE'er and vise versa due to resil being on the budget. this idea help with spell balancing, damage output, and transitions between the two.

Yeah, high base resil, what an innovative idea that will surely change things for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.