Feral difficulty reduced in WoD?

I've always loved feral druid in concept, but played other classes because of the difficulty. Now with the patch notes revealed (not final of course) but will druid feral be easier to play? I don't really like watching my screen for bars, with savage roar being passive, combo points being on the druid, and other spells what is your opinion on this?

Yes, on the surface Feral will be easier to play then it is now. With snapshotting gone, Feral (and most class's) highest skill cap is being removed. Savage Roar being passive however it a talent choice and will most like not be "optimal" in most situations. Feral will still need to baby sit it's bleed timers and time things like TF correctly- that aspect of Feral is not being removed.

Every class is being simplified somewhat. Wait until beta because there's no point discussing class difficulty until we actually are able to play the game.

Still not sure if I'm going to pick Feral back up for WoD. Guardian+Resto is just too convenient for queue timers. The ability to AoE without energy starving yourself as much is probably the nicest boon.

It's hard to say for definite whether feral has been made easier to play optimally: If the only change was the removal of snapshotting, feral would be dramatically easier. However, with other changes either already made or incoming, there is not yet a definitive answer as to comparative easiness.

An example of the cause of such uncertainty is the talent that allows ferals to use moonfire as an additional dot: This could give us 4 dots to track and manage energy for on any single target, providing it is still optimal to use thrash in single target situations - yet again another uncertainty. Moreover, the availability of energy is still unclear - making energy usage tight could increase the skill cap of feral.

So it's hard to say for definite. What I will say for definite is that snapshotting isn't the only way one can increase or maintain a high skill-cap for a spec.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2014-04-20 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsuna View Post
    I've always loved feral druid in concept, but played other classes because of the difficulty. Now with the patch notes revealed (not final of course) but will druid feral be easier to play? I don't really like watching my screen for bars, with savage roar being passive, combo points being on the druid, and other spells what is your opinion on this?
    Relatively easier. Dots * Melee * Combo points * Energy = can lead to hardcore experience.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-04-19 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Relatively easier. Dots * Melee * Combo points * Energy = can lead to hardcore expirience.
    Yes as you said, but the learning curve is now flater and you dont need to track much like before. In addition to that, our CP will stored Feralside and DoT ticks will calculated dynamicly, which makes it even more easier. Thus i hope will let our playerbase grow while we still have the opportunity for "high risk, high reward" gameplay.

Combo Points being on target was dumb, considering Rogues had a 10s CD spell that transferred them. Glad they got rid of it, makes Feral more viable for target switch fights instead of being the lone guy that gets to tunnel bosses like Nazgrim and Siegecrafter from 100% to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Wait until beta because there's no point discussing class difficulty until we actually are able to play the game.
    Don't worry. I'm sure the mods will make sure no one gets hurt by having a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Combo Points being on target was dumb, considering Rogues had a 10s CD spell that transferred them. Glad they got rid of it, makes Feral more viable for target switch fights instead of being the lone guy that gets to tunnel bosses like Nazgrim and Siegecrafter from 100% to 0.
    Redirect has been 1 minute baseline all of MoP I believe. To get the cooldown reduction you have to Glyph for it but I'll attest to not playing Rogue enough this expansion to know whether or not that was pretty much included in every spec for multi-target.

Deleted
    Is Savage Roar being made passive? I must have missed that note. Bout time if it is, it feels even more clunky than Inquisition to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puriel2000 View Post
    Is Savage Roar being made passive? I must have missed that note. Bout time if it is, it feels even more clunky than Inquisition to me.
    There is a level 100 talent choice to make it passive, but it is unlikely to result in optimal DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by exolaris View Post
    There is a level 100 talent choice to make it passive, but it is unlikely to result in optimal DPS.
    Or rather, there was, until today's build which replaced that talent with one that gives an extra 5% damage boost to Savage roar (45% physical damage instead of 40%).

Honestly that makes it sound like the really uninteresting non-choice that an awful lot of the new talents have ended up being. Take option 1 for PvP, option 3 for PvE, and option 2 for AoE heavy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoncet View Post
    Or rather, there was, until today's build which replaced that talent with one that gives an extra 5% damage boost to Savage roar (45% physical damage instead of 40%).

Honestly that makes it sound like the really uninteresting non-choice that an awful lot of the new talents have ended up being. Take option 1 for PvP, option 3 for PvE, and option 2 for AoE heavy fights.
    Whoa. It was changed? That's actually worse, now i'll have to take it for PvP where before I was going to go with lazer kitty for utility.

if savage roar isn't made passive in some form or shape - going back to priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    if savage roar isn't made passive in some form or shape - going back to priest
    There is rogue with SnD changelog. Even paladin is more similar to feral now(WoD).
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-04-22 at 09:22 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyoncet View Post

If you look again the damage boost is just a new addition. It is still passive.

Savagery

Passive and a 5% boost on top of it? Major hmm....