Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The issue is you'll need to get those 3 HP back and that costs more mana then what you get. The conversion ratio of DP is so bad right now that its more mana efficient to stay on 5 Holy Power for 20 seconds and DO NOTHING when damage is low instead of turning 3 HP into 4.5% mana and getting the HP back through Holy Shocks.
    Yeah, I can understand that. 4,5% is very low for the tradeoff! So is 0,75% for Smites aswell...

I didn't like Telluric Currents during DS, and I for sure won't like it on my Priest. LB is double the manaregen and with no stance dancing to.

I don't really see the point in this. Not for any class. Especially since they say HP bars will less likely be full in WoD, who would want to spend their time dps/Penance/HP/Innervates for manaregens then? Will this really feel fun and meaningful? I hope I learn to like it, but I never did as a Shaman in the past...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that. 4,5% is very low for the tradeoff! So is 0,75% for Smites aswell...

I didn't like Telluric Currents during DS, and I for sure won't like it on my Priest. LB is double the manaregen and with no stance dancing to.

I don't really see the point in this. Not for any class. Especially since they say HP bars will less likely be full in WoD, who would want to spend their time dps/Penance/HP/Innervates for manaregens then? Will this really feel fun and meaningful? I hope I learn to like it, but I never did as a Shaman in the past...
    Oh, really?
    Shaman:
    4x LB for 5% mana.
    Priest:
    6x Smite + 1x HF for 5.25% mana.

Stance dancing - more mana in exchange for less healing (10%).
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-04-19 at 09:18 AM.

Oh, its easy. Blanket renew, switch stance, spam smite, switch stance, blanket renew, switch stance, spam smite etc. With a new forced triage-style healing we won't need to heal heal heal all the time. So, it is good that we finally have a stimuli in red chakra smite spam. We also lost Shadowfiend's mana regen, but still have Mindbender's.

Though I admit, I don't like the idea of forcing healers to do damage very much. Just as much as I didn't like the idea of tanks doing meaningful damage with Vengeance. Just as much as I hate chakras in their current/wod styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Macroing your smite and holy fire to chakra...
    So what exactly is the point of having the stances at all if everyone can just macro them to the appropriate spells? This is EXACTLY the reason they removed warrior stances and now they're doing it to priests? It's ridiculous.

It really sounds like Blizzard is hell-bent on making Chakra work even when it doesn't. Jhazrun is right, this will go the way of the Lightwell. Perhaps in the next expansion or so they'll give up and make Chakras automatic.

Macroing 2 dps abilities is not even remotely the same as macroing everything. Maybe in the distant future chakra is gonna get removed but until then you got to deal with it and whatever other options you have available.

Would you prefer the "Telluric Currents" switching to red Chakra?

I don't get it. I do not get why they want healers to start dps for mana NOW? I can understand sacrificing something... but forcing us to dps is fail IMO.
    Lightning Bolt is a 2.5 second base cast and generates 1.25% total mana
    Holy Fire is a 1.5 second base GCD and Smite is a 1.5 second base cast and generates 0.75% total mana

Both abilities generate exactly the same amount of mana per cast time invested. Yes, Holy Priests need to deal with Chakra switching to do it. However, you also have to look at the amount of damage the abilities do. Based on current WoD Wowhead tooltips, here is the total amount of spell power per cast second done by these abilities.

Lightning Bolt - 21.6% of spell power per second
    Smite (in Chastise) - 85.7% of spell power per second
    Holy Fire (in Chastise) - 183.0% SP/second

Holy Priests are compensated with having to deal with the stance switching by getting more than four times the damage out of Smite/HF that Shaman get from Lightning Bolt. It wouldn't be balanced if they did the same amount of mana regen and didn't have the stance requirement.

Macroing 2 dps abilities is not even remotely the same as macroing everything. Maybe in the distant future chakra is gonna get removed but until then you got to deal with it and whatever other options you have available.
    Why would you only macro those two?

I already macro Divine Hymn into Sanctuary. Theoretically speaking, you can macro most of your spells to the appropriate Chakra and just forget about it. In Draenor Chakra only has a 10 second CD, so why the hell not?

My point is that it's simply a bad design. "Deal with it" is frankly a ridiculous advice - we're in alpha stage and feedback is expected. If everyone just "dealt with" all the weird changes Blizzard comes up with, then DKs would lose Army of the Dead in their DPS specs. But guess what, Blizzard listens and we *should* speak up when they design our class badly.

If i macroed every ability affected by the single target and aoe stance and wanted to use an ability from both in quick succession i would be screwing myself which is precisely why the cd exists.

Luckily for all those out there that hate chakra with a passion the devs are already considering some alternative design of chakras instead of the 10% boost. Single target one keeps the renew refresh and aoe one get a new perk where circle of healing cd gets reduced by 1 sec for each spell cast, baseline coh cd gets bumped though to 12 sec up from 10.

Left WoW in January, and I was expecting significant changes to Chakra after some tweets, looks like Chakra is going to become even more annoying than ever.

Did you use Telluric Currents on Madness? It was the best thing ever when the tentacle was taking like 100% more damage or whatever.

The only issue though I see with this for Holy priest is having to change stance to access it, otherwise without that it would be fine compared to the rest, and even now I'd say it's a step above a few, the druid one looks like it will be a bit awful honestly, and I don't play Mistweaver monk, but what the heck is that for recovery anyway? Most of this will probably change, except the shaman one I could see staying the same, since it's something that's been around for a while now, just with number tweaks.

I'm not really into the stance dancing aspect of this regen mechanic but I don't like the chakra mechanic at all really, I'd prefer smite/holy fire to just restore mana without having to change chakras. I'd still take this over the holy paladin one any day of the week though.

If i macroed every ability affected by the single target and aoe stance and wanted to use an ability from both in quick succession i would be screwing myself which is precisely why the cd exists.
    That's why I didn't say you should macro all. Learn to read, please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did you use Telluric Currents on Madness? It was the best thing ever when the tentacle was taking like 100% more damage or whatever.

The only issue though I see with this for Holy priest is having to change stance to access it, otherwise without that it would be fine compared to the rest, and even now I'd say it's a step above a few, the druid one looks like it will be a bit awful honestly, and I don't play Mistweaver monk, but what the heck is that for recovery anyway? Most of this will probably change, except the shaman one I could see staying the same, since it's something that's been around for a while now, just with number tweaks.
    Yes, and as I said, I never liked as a healer to feel forced to dps... If they bring this upon Holy Priest.... well, idk if I want to play that game tbh. I want to heal. Period.

About TC regen more than HF/Smite, I was a bit off, thought LB was 2s, not 2,5. Still, this fekking Chakra dancing... I hope (and believe after reading some tweets today) this will never reach live, and I still haven't lost hope they will further redesign Chakras to feel more fluid and like a bonus and not a limitation.

First off, in light regards, I agree with the OP. I don't know if Holy is still going to keep more mana regen based on Spirit, but if I recall, that (with the speculation it stays) could be what Blizz is relying on to keep it comparable to Disc.

Second, I am deeply ashamed at all this Holy Paladin discussion. Following the Divine Plea being an instant cast that returns 4.5% of maximum mana at the cost of 3 Holy Power, I'm going to go out and state a few quick notes that apply that didn't look like they got covered.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=85512 (Tower of Radiance) is not leaving, as of yet.
    Divine Light is now called Holy Light and is reflected in the above mentioned passive (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85512 states Divine Light as opposed to Holy Light in the above).
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=157478 (Enhanced Holy Shock) Has a 10% chance that your single target heals (Holy Light and Flash of Light) cause your next Holy Shock to NOT trigger a cooldown. For simplicity's sake, we're ignoring it.

On the topic of "generating 3 holy power", it's as simple as casting Holy Light on (one of, if using Beacon of Faith) your Beacon of Light target will net you 3 Holy Power in 6.5 seconds, utilizing a simple 2.5 second base cast for Holy Light (and 2 of them) and a single Holy Shock (with a 6 second cooldown). This is not taking into account the 10% passive haste from Infusion of Light, nor the 5% we'll get from raid buff, any haste on gear, the 10% x2 chance on a no-cooldown Holy Shock, and the Infusion of Light proc on Holy Shock critical strike lowering the next Holy Light to 1.5 second cast time. My math is probably off, but it should drop down to two ~2.2 second cast times, and a 1.5 gcd on the instant Holy Shock, bringing the effective time it takes for a Holy Paladin to gain 3HoPo about once every 6 seconds, which lines up well with Holy Shock.

For argument's sake, we're also going to bring in the fact that Holy Light is currently set (from wod notes) at 18.5% base and Holy Shock at 15% base, bringing the total up to 52% base mana to get that 3 Holy Power for Divine Plea, which is a little over double of the MW Monk's cast for a little over double the return (mind you, it is currently set to be a little more time consuming, but still applies practical healing).

TL;DR: A) I agree with OP and B) Holy Paladins generate Holy Power fine to the point where there shouldn't of been an argument due to the change in spell costs (specifically Divine Light/Holy Light being half the % base mana cost) in strict discussion of mana return (I'm not getting into WoG/EF vs Divine Plea in cost of 3 HoPo, especially not here). This is all lighthearted preemptive theorycrafting anyway.

Healing the beacon target lowers paladins healing by 33% (Without beacon of faith talent) and 25% with the talent. Also in case of holy paladins you just can't ignore losing holy power needed for the finishers (which heal for more than the 1.2 holy lights you gain from the mana).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    nonsense.
    The point was not the amount of time it takes to generate holy power. The point is that it costs more mana to generate 3 holy power than Divine Plea returns. You say all spells went down in cost? Holy shock and holy radiance both went up from live. And your example of using 2 holy lights and one holy shock is still more mana used than gained from DP. Even 1 holy light and 2 holy shocks is more mana used than gained. So you really shouldn't be ashamed of the holy paladins in here who actually know what they are talking about because you obviously do not. Next time actually read what is being said before going off on a tangent about nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Healing the beacon target lowers paladins healing by 33% (Without beacon of faith talent) and 25% with the talent. Also in case of holy paladins you just can't ignore losing holy power needed for the finishers (which heal for more than the 1.2 holy lights you gain from the mana).
    The beacon of faith talent replicates the actual heal of the beacon of light and it doesn't act as a separate beacon of light. If you heal the beacon of light target, the talent nets you 0 actually.

I'm actually pretty happy with the new Chastise Chakra active mana return mechanic.

Like others said, you will only lose 10% healing, not 25% like it is today, and Celestalon mentioned that they are considering removing the percentage and make Chakra cause other benefits similar to Serenity renovating Renew duration on targets by healing them (he mentioned they are considering to raise Circle of Healing CD to 12s, and then every AoE heal in Sanctuary Chakra reduces the CD by 2 seconds).

And we don't know how this will work with Power Word: Solace (will it regen 1.75% mana on Red Chakra?). PW: Solace combined with Red Chakra could really help mana regen while also providing an instant healing (remember that it will damage and heal for 50% more in Red Chakra).

Deleted
    I personally think they will tweak the numbers in such a way that this active mana-regen mechanics will be optional for most player except the high-end raiders. If you don't want to dps as a healer you just put on 1 or 2 more spirit items into your gear and your are done with it. The extra throughput of these items wont make a difference except for hardcore raiders.
    But if you are a hardcore raider you already try to dps as much as possible to compensate the missing ilvl of your damage dealers (at least i did) so it wont change that much

about the "numbers":
    they will change a lot during raid-testing. I'm pretty sure these are first thoughts off mechanics and nowhere near final numbers so talking about efficiency at this early stage doesn't make much sense in my opinion

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    PW Solace is now showing as healing 150% of damage done.