Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner valbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1

    Disc: Trinket Swapping?

    Hey! So after months, months, and more months of weekly Siegecrafter kills I finally have my Dysmorphic Samoplhange of Discontinuity trinket. OMG. MANA MANA MANA!!! This is a must have for my spec build as I like to keep less than 8k spirit and focus more on crit and mastery. However, I find myself having Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia, Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth, and a Prismatic Prism of Pride to play around with.

    So my question is, are any of you swapping out trinkets per boss fight? I'm currently doing heroic SoO and always looking to make the best of my spec per fight.

  2. #2
    My luck with trinkets hasn't been great in terms of variety. I have access to a heroic warforged PPoP and a heroic PBoI in addition to normal NBI and TAGT and I also love acronyms. Not once have I ever seen any improvement by switching out my secondary amp, despite not having the gains from the proc. I imagine that you would be very well served by the combination of Samophlange and PPoP and that a heroic TAGT might, maybe, kinda be worth considering for Divine Star on, ironically, heroic Thok. Aside from that, stick with DSoD and PPoP as the other trinkets are far from brilliant and Timeless Yu'lon probably beats them anyway.

  3. #3
    Prison and Dysmorphic are only viable trinkets to use as disc, also could use garrosh trinket but that would be to push more dps than extra healing.

  4. #4
    Even if you have no issue with spirit, DSoD still gives you 2.6k intellect, which is about 1% crit and 2.6k spell power. That's a tremendous throughput boost, you'd have to run some computations but I don't think PBoI comes close with its 9% increase to mastery and 9% higher crits. BBoY I don't like because it's a proc and unlike DPS you can't rely on procs to heal, but to each their own I guess. I still prefer DSoD even when we're on farm. And if you're not running out of mana, you can use the trinket to free up a lot of secondary stats. The trinket is worth roughly 3k spirit on average. I dropped down to 5.3k with it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Prison and Dysmorphic are only viable trinkets to use as disc, also could use garrosh trinket but that would be to push more dps than extra healing.
    Did all 14 heroic bosses without a single mana issue at sub-8k spirit and double amp.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-06-11 at 07:41 PM.

  6. #6
    If I manage to get my hands of a hc wf PBoI, I'll have to upgrade it and try it out for disc now, I mean the spirit proc is nice on the blackfuse trink (I run with 6.4k spirit) and obv. the static int is nice, but the extra mastery (10%) and crit damage/healing might just make that the better choice with full BiS gear.

  7. #7
    How many mana tides you have in your raid to be able to with run with 6.4k spirit?

    As much as 9k is ok for most of the fights, on some fights where I have to mass dispell or spam a little more shields, I really don't think it would be viable for my playstyle. Plus I just can't reforge more out of spirit.
    Macphisto, discipline priest | Karuzo, mistweaver monk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    How many mana tides you have in your raid to be able to with run with 6.4k spirit?

    As much as 9k is ok for most of the fights, on some fights where I have to mass dispell or spam a little more shields, I really don't think it would be viable for my playstyle. Plus I just can't reforge more out of spirit.
    Solace instead of mindbender. At the most optimal usage of holy fire (1 every 10 seconds), Solace is worth an obscene amount more than mindbender.

  9. #9
    I don't run with solace, never have, prefer the 1 min "mana battery" :P To answer Spotnik, we have 1 resto shaman, but stuff dies so fast now regen is almost irrelevant.

    I'll actually try solace this reset (we raid sundays atm) see how it goes, I usually have no problems with popping holy fire off cd anyway.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2014-06-13 at 10:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Did all 14 heroic bosses without a single mana issue at sub-8k spirit and double amp.
    what does what I said have anything to do with mana issues, double amp is not very effective however as you have to rely on melee attacks to get the proc while you can just have a static 2.7k int and don't even really care about the proc. Im stuck at just under 8k spi and would go lower if I can get thok hc wf chest, hc wf seigecrafter gloves and still need to grab tier shoulders to swap around.

    I mean you can work with double amp no problems but HC WF dysmorphic is much more effective than HC WF prison if you even have both HC WF. Not to mention healing wise the extra crit healing will mostly be wasted due to DA being easy to cap and by this point extra dps is not really needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I don't run with solace, never have, prefer the 1 min "mana battery" :P To answer Spotnik, we have 1 resto shaman, but stuff dies so fast now regen is almost irrelevant.

    I'll actually try solace this reset (we raid sundays atm) see how it goes, I usually have no problems with popping holy fire off cd anyway.
    I run with solace in 25 man mainly due to not needing the extra dps bender gives so I would rather have 300k plus extra mana to throw around things to burn that extra mana, bender increases dps while solace increases healing output.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-06-13 at 11:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I don't run with solace, never have, prefer the 1 min "mana battery" :P To answer Spotnik, we have 1 resto shaman, but stuff dies so fast now regen is almost irrelevant.

    I'll actually try solace this reset (we raid sundays atm) see how it goes, I usually have no problems with popping holy fire off cd anyway.
    It's more the fact that the regen from proper solace usage vs mindbender is equal to about 3-4K spirit (AKA if he's sitting at 9K, then going solace could drop him to 6K). With a shaman+fight times right now, it's largely irrelevant on a lot of fights how much regen you have, yea, but then again, we like to drop healers to kill stuff even faster, which means we have to heal harder (2 man nazgrim last reset. Shit ranks cos zero warcries, but whatcha gonna do ).

  12. #12
    The real value in double amp isn't the trinket proc, its the fact you gain the extra 8/9/10% Crit damage/healing and mastery, the Prison trinket is BiS not because of its proc but for the static % increase it gives, so having 2 of them is twice as good. I ran with double amp when progressing 10m, and swapped to dysmorphic when we went 25m (As I felt, at that time, the static int was better than the % increase in 25m)

    Oh Draco, wish we could drop healers and have some fun, best we do atm is 4 heal all fights except thok and garrosh, the others healers moan at me for even using spirit shell now WTB 2 heal!
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2014-06-13 at 11:11 PM.

  13. #13
    2 resets and my proper "healing" gear is fully upgraded, going to upgrade my dps cloak+my PBoI after that and run some double amp just for the heck of it. 10% more mastery/crit along with my weapon-switch macro to force procs, should be fun (remember, dysmorphic only raises slightly in value due to more int/spirit - with the 8 extra ilvls, the amp trinkets both gives more back, AND as all your other gear is 8 ilvls higher, they have more stat to scale of).
    Haven't done any math, but it was close back then, I'd imagine it's worth it now if you do not care about regen (can you say 2x resto shamans?).

  14. #14
    Yeah, guess I'm lucky to be fully BiS and only need 1 more reset to upgrade my last piece, I also switched to the dps cloak this reset as I wanted to lose more spirit, and the extra crit+the dps proc is always a bonus. I have PBoI normal heroic, but gonna bide my time and hope I get lucky with coin or no trials need WF version :P

  15. #15
    This is like those moments when someone drinking a super frothy triple latte with extra chocolate sprinkles and unicorn dust complains about how hard their life is.

    joking, I don't hate both of you and your awesome progression and brilliant gear or anything

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    what does what I said have anything to do with mana issues, double amp is not very effective however as you have to rely on melee attacks to get the proc while you can just have a static 2.7k int and don't even really care about the proc. Im stuck at just under 8k spi and would go lower if I can get thok hc wf chest, hc wf seigecrafter gloves and still need to grab tier shoulders to swap around.

    I mean you can work with double amp no problems but HC WF dysmorphic is much more effective than HC WF prison if you even have both HC WF. Not to mention healing wise the extra crit healing will mostly be wasted due to DA being easy to cap and by this point extra dps is not really needed.



    I run with solace in 25 man mainly due to not needing the extra dps bender gives so I would rather have 300k plus extra mana to throw around things to burn that extra mana, bender increases dps while solace increases healing output.
    At high gear levels double amp is superior to amp + siegecrafter in regards to throughput. For weighted stats, the amp is very far ahead even excluding the proc. If you count the spirit, they're close but down to personal preference (more like, "is my regen good?)

    The point I was trying to make is that even at very low spirit levels, the ~3k spirit from the trinket is still not necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    The real value in double amp isn't the trinket proc, its the fact you gain the extra 8/9/10% Crit damage/healing and mastery, the Prison trinket is BiS not because of its proc but for the static % increase it gives, so having 2 of them is twice as good. I ran with double amp when progressing 10m, and swapped to dysmorphic when we went 25m (As I felt, at that time, the static int was better than the % increase in 25m)

    Oh Draco, wish we could drop healers and have some fun, best we do atm is 4 heal all fights except thok and garrosh, the others healers moan at me for even using spirit shell now WTB 2 heal!
    Actually two amps is more than twice as good, since they're multiplicative. =)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Actually two amps is more than twice as good, since they're multiplicative. =)
    Well yeah, you know what I meant

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post

    Oh Draco, wish we could drop healers and have some fun, best we do atm is 4 heal all fights except thok and garrosh, the others healers moan at me for even using spirit shell now WTB 2 heal!
    We 2 healed Garrosh last week, pretty sure we can 4 heal Thok (doing it with 5).. that's gear upgrades to you.
    Macphisto, discipline priest | Karuzo, mistweaver monk

  19. #19
    Double amp will almost certainly offer more throughput. The cleave/multistrike trinkets however are garbage, avoid them.
    Samophlange is decent if the spirit is useful to you
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    At high gear levels double amp is superior to amp + siegecrafter in regards to throughput. For weighted stats, the amp is very far ahead even excluding the proc. If you count the spirit, they're close but down to personal preference (more like, "is my regen good?)

    The point I was trying to make is that even at very low spirit levels, the ~3k spirit from the trinket is still not necessary.
    I much prefer the static 2715 int which fully buffed is around 5k sp, the trinkets are probably around even but the using the seigecrafter trinket isn't about the regen, yes it helps but as disc you need BiS items anyway to drop as low as possible, not even got a dps amp trinket atm anyway so can't even test it out as well as needing too much VP for upgrading everything .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •