Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    after 575 they are good

Quote Originally Posted by Koilie View Post
    after 575 they are good
    After 575 you're just pretty much burning through stuff and it hardly matters anymore. Heck at this point this whole discussion doesn't really matter anymore. But no matter how good people were at playing shadow we were undeniably bad for progression and we did drag down our raid teams on every single fight but Thok for not bringing another warlock or enh shaman instead. And we did suck big time as damage dealers on Thok too, but at least our utility (curse mass dispel) actually made up for our shortcommings there.

We were never as bad in SoO as we were during MoP, we were a viable raiding DPS spec. That said, shadow was the worst possible choice for a caster spot for SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    After 575 you're just pretty much burning through stuff and it hardly matters anymore. Heck at this point this whole discussion doesn't really matter anymore. But no matter how good people were at playing shadow we were undeniably bad for progression and we did drag down our raid teams on every single fight but Thok for not bringing another warlock or enh shaman instead. And we did suck big time as damage dealers on Thok too, but at least our utility (curse mass dispel) actually made up for our shortcommings there.

We were never as bad in SoO as we were during MoP, we were a viable raiding DPS spec. That said, shadow was the worst possible choice for a caster spot for SoO.
    Most guilds ran with 2 during progression, same for most top guilds, just because of that extra healing and other utility that they provide.

I'd say in case of shadow add their healing to their damage and you'll have an accurate view on shadow.

Pretty much same thing for other classes that have nerfed damage because of their offspec healing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    just because of that extra healing
    Bring another shaman.

and other utility that they provide.
    Your disc priest(s) bring that same utility sans tax.

I'd say in case of shadow add their healing to their damage and you'll have an accurate view on shadow.
    Do the same in the case of enh shaman (or even ele) and you'll see shadow is not the option.

Pretty much same thing for other classes that have nerfed damage because of their offspec healing capabilities.
    Elemental and... oh wait. Also, elemental is the strongest cleave spec and did not take loot from your mage/lock, which was important during progression.

Again, I'm neither saying shadow sucks nor that it's not viable. I love playing shadow. Just saying it was the worst option for a ranged spot during progression, and the reason guilds brought spriests was most likely because they already had them (at least two top guilds did state that in their postmortems).
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-05-10 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a reasonable thing to do, however in saying that, have you ever looked to see how much of shadow healing is overhealing or on the reverse, insufficient to keep people up during strong spike damage?

Not to suggest the healing is bad - it is decent. But it's often less efficient than you would surmise given the prevalence of smart healing.

From my experience damage wise in the current raid content,

We are good at Heroic Protectors and Nazgrim
    Terrible at Heroic Malkrok, Iron Jug, Thok (dmg wise)
    Mediocre at all the other fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinax View Post
    From my experience damage wise in the current raid content,

We are good at Heroic Protectors and Nazgrim
    Terrible at Heroic Malkrok, Iron Jug, Thok (dmg wise)
    Mediocre at all the other fights.
    Not gonna insult a 8/hour week guild since I admire guilds like that but I do want to note you are 25 with 577 avg ilvl and you haven't done the last 3 yet, so you cannot comment on those. Removing the padding and multidot we are bottom on the last two, which are also the most difficult two. I already explained why Shadow is alright on Siege, but not really desirable. Mage, Warlock, Ele are all going to be better and a good Balance will also be able to compete with you for the spot. Don't think I'll have to mention Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    That's a reasonable thing to do, however in saying that, have you ever looked to see how much of shadow healing is overhealing or on the reverse, insufficient to keep people up during strong spike damage?

Not to suggest the healing is bad - it is decent. But it's often less efficient than you would surmise given the prevalence of smart healing.
    Look at how much Shadow healing is going to snipe from other healers such as for example a Mistweaver. Not every HPS is equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Everyone,

I very much appreciate this thread as I have just came back to WoW and I was worried that I was doing something horribly wrong when my dps was so much less than the others.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the answer.

What approx dps would you expect from the following ilvls (Single target and multi-target if you can)

540+

550+

560+

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    What approx dps would you expect from the following ilvls (Single target and multi-target if you can)

540+
    ~5-10% below average ST, average on multitarget.

550+

560+

I guess is more easy to beat the dead horse.

Hi Everyone,

I very much appreciate this thread as I have just came back to WoW and I was worried that I was doing something horribly wrong when my dps was so much less than the others.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the answer.

540+

550+

560+
    There is a thread for this kind of question if you feel like you are underperforming http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DPS-Thread, we cant really give you an exact number without an armory and some logs, there are so many variables like cloak or not, how many haste you have and what kind of gear you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post

There is a thread for this kind of question if you feel like you are underperforming http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DPS-Thread, we cant really give you an exact number without an armory and some logs, there are so many variables like cloak or not, how many haste you have and what kind of gear you have.
    Thanks for the Link Masterik I will post in there after this week's Flex/Normal Guild run. My Guild has been clearing Garrosh normal for a while now so they are all pretty much 560+ plus and doing upwards of 300k dps.

Originally gearing a disc priest I know I have too much spirit/hit and my gems for crit are pretty useless. Unfortunately I logged out in my healing set so no point posting now.

Thanks for the Link Masterik I will post in there after this week's Flex/Normal Guild run. My Guild has been clearing Garrosh normal for a while now so they are all pretty much 560+ plus and doing upwards of 300k dps.

Originally gearing a disc priest I know I have too much spirit/hit and my gems for crit are pretty useless. Unfortunately I logged out in my healing set so no point posting now.
    Try not to worry too much about it, there are not many fights where you will get fair measurement of your own skill compared to the rest of the group. The only very good fights for us right now are the Protectors and the Klaxxi Paragons, there we can really shine with our multidotting (if people give you lip about multidotting on Klaxxi.. just remind them that the more targets you have dotted, the more procs you can throw on the skull ).

I'll be honest I was often disappointed by my SPs performance on many of the other fights.. despite trying your very best, the fact is SPs are not getting fair treatment right now and if someone has similar gear to you and is about as skilled too, they will often beat you just by having picked a different class, in other words a warlock. With other classes the dps difference is acceptable most of the times, and when you practice your dot snapshotting, you can still be a very powerful dps.

As long as you have fun playing it, try not to worry about your SP's dps right now, things will be much better come Warlord's of Draenor. (grasses greener I know)
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    I'll be honest I was often disappointed by my SPs performance on many of the other fights.. despite trying your very best, the fact is SPs are not getting fair treatment right now and if someone has similar gear to you and is about as skilled too, they will often beat you just by having picked a different class, in other words a warlock. With other classes the dps difference is acceptable most of the times, and when you practice your dot snapshotting, you can still be a very powerful dps.
    Of course, it always helps if your raid group is understanding. Otherwise your RL will always be asked why you're in on fights.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    Of course, it always helps if your raid group is understanding. Otherwise your RL will always be asked why you're in on fights.
    That's a given. While our overly glorified off-healing really can be quite a nice in 5.4, I've never ever heard the words "we could use the extra off-healing you bring".
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

While we are lacking in dps, we make up with how badass we look while in shadowform and generally having great fun with lifegrip (used on cooldown ofc)
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    That's a given. While our overly glorified off-healing really can be quite a nice in 5.4, I've never ever heard the words "we could use the extra off-healing you bring".
    I've never heard the words "please try and off heal as much as possible". Even on Iron Jugg.

My raid team is about 14 people. I've come to accept I will not be in on guild first kills anymore, not unless some dps are sick the night we finally manage to down it, which is how I got my Malk kill. I've missed out on spoils and thok (I'll hopefully get my kill this weekend), and I haven't even seen siegecrafter yet.

My raid team essentially sees me as a glorified sporebat. It's depressing (and yeah, I'm looking for a new team where that won't happen).

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    (and yeah, I'm looking for a new team where that won't happen).
    Nope. You're looking for a new expansion where that won't happen.

Nope. You're looking for a new expansion where that won't happen.
    That too.

I can out dps everyone on protectors except the fire mage, and I'm usually just 5-10k behind him (did beat him once). Seeing how the mages (we have two) should be wiping the floor with me on that fight, I just usually want to scream at my screen "See? See this fight? I CAN OUTPLAY YOU. IT'S THE CLASS" whenever someone complains about my "low dps".

At this point of the patch its ridiculous they dont bring you for these fights honestly. I understand if they want to bench you in klaxxi and garrosh, but in thok and siege..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    At this point of the patch its ridiculous they dont bring you for these fights honestly. I understand if they want to bench you in klaxxi and garrosh, but in thok and siege..
    Well, we are still progressing on heroic siege. Only got heroic thok down a week or two ago? Server still hasn't had a realm first for Garrosh yet.