Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm on it as soon as the alpha lets me make a toon on Lost Isles - it keeps telling me character creation is locked on the server, but the only alternative is a pvp server where I'm sure the spawn point is gank central like MoP beta.
    You have to go horde =P

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You have to go horde =P
    Ya I figured it out, half way through 91 now! Going back to paper writing though for the next ~18 hours

But on the plus side, I got 5 Shadow Orb Perk as my 91 perk

Also for anyone else trying out the beta, Insanity is pretty much mandatory for leveling - since you begin with Glyph of Mind Harvest and can kill most mobs with Mind Blast -> Devouring Plague -> Insanity -> Death.

I was plotting to test numbers on stuff like Mindbender but there are no tome of clear mind vendors in the first couple towns - so pick the right talents off the bat.

Halo is very strong too now - highly recommended.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-06-12 at 02:00 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    they give you every mount, buy them off the tundra
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    they give you every mount, buy them off the tundra
    Good call thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Sweets View Post
    You're jumping to conclusions. I wasn't implying every shadow priest who complains about lack of damage to be a lesser skilled player. The implication was referring to that OR numerous other possible reasonable possibilities. Along with another possibility of simply "following" their fellow peers's complaints. There could be a lot of valid reasons : guild strat preventing you from putting out maximum potential (skilled player but strat disallows competitive damage), exaggerating or under performing etc. The list goes on. There are many obstacles that could prevent them from keeping up with everyone else on the 11 boss fight I did not name

I'm sure there are plenty of highly skilled shadow priest on this thread but the overall reasoning for their complaints may not be fully understandable with valid reasoning that doesn't refer to my previous listed obstacles etc. Again, I'm not saying you aren't highly skilled at a shadow priest because for all I know you could be one of the most knowledgeable. That goes for pretty much everyone here who has cleared heroic content on a shadow. That along with many of causes could be what's holding you back, I don't review each and everyone of your logs so I couldn't tell you.

Also the fact that I was able to rank top 200 on quite a few fights at 576 my first time playing shadow kind of diverts the reasoning.
    Oh look, its that same person who is spamming Hunter forums with fake theorycrafting and Shadow forums about how Shadow doesn't really suck; its all the players. Are you sticking with this name or swapping around?

I'm on it as soon as the alpha lets me make a toon on Lost Isles - it keeps telling me character creation is locked on the server, but the only alternative is a pvp server where I'm sure the spawn point is gank central like MoP beta.
    There's hardly anyone playing. Don't worry about PvP. Its also currently horde only.

Can't wait for the 5 orb perk. Right now I end trashpacks with usually 1 orb (from SWD) or 3 (from glyph of mind harvest) and with glyph of mind harvest means you end up going over 3. You cannot really test the class without all these perks. You're basically testing how it plays on 6.0 launch. If you end a fight with max orbs (which often happens for me) and you pop DP + MB you end up with max otbs again, making SWD not grant you an orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Would it be possible for those on the alpha to do some complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data?

It's really the only way to be sure if we'll be strong or not!
    While I'm not in the alpha, I've ran all of the CSNADECUANDs based on SP performance at this point.

The results are SHOCKING. *burns them*
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    There's hardly anyone playing. Don't worry about PvP. Its also currently horde only.

Can't wait for the 5 orb perk. Right now I end trashpacks with usually 1 orb (from SWD) or 3 (from glyph of mind harvest) and with glyph of mind harvest means you end up going over 3. You cannot really test the class without all these perks. You're basically testing how it plays on 6.0 launch. If you end a fight with max orbs (which often happens for me) and you pop DP + MB you end up with max otbs again, making SWD not grant you an orb.
    Ya, I will need to get to max level before I can do any solid number crunching - the perks do play a pretty critical role.

One of the things in alpha I really don't like so far though is - some of the glyphs are now mutually exclusive - like glyph of dispersion (15s off dispersion CD), glyph of free action (30% runspeed that doesn't stack with boots/sprints during dispersion, woohoo), and glyph of extended dispersion (not the right name, but increases the cooldown of dispersion by 3 seconds and reduces the mitigation to 50%).

If want to focus on emphasizing some aspect of our gameplay - because it is core to your playstyle - we should be allowed to do so - is it really too powerful to have a terrible sprint, a 9 second self-silencing shield wall, all on a 75 second cooldown? That sounds like something you couldn't get the locks or mages to take for free - and that's our major defensive cooldown with all three glyphs.

The one that actually annoyed me was Glyph of Mind Harvest is exclusive with Glyph of Mind Blast (4s root on crits) - I actually quite like Glyph of Mind Blast, particularly for PvP (but it would also be nice for leveling).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The results are SHOCKING. *burns them*
    CAUTION: Do not look directly at the results. Staring at the results for more than 10 seconds can cause permanent eye damage. If the radiance of a thousands suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty Results.

Deleted
    Yeah the first thing I did when I logged in was enabling Glyph of Mind Harvest and then Glyph of Mind Bl.. wait. What? They should rename the Glyph of Mind Blast to something else, and Glyph of Dispersion as well.

I do think they want to make sure synergies don't become too strong, it becoming a spaghetti to manage. It also can avoid bugs (???). And dumb choices (I'm aware of at least the example of Warlock, using the glyph where Eternal Resolve becomes passive 10% damage reduction and then another one which enhances Unending Resolve).

I also wonder if they can't just remove that restriction from Glyph of Mind Spke.

CAUTION: Do not look directly at the results. Staring at the results for more than 10 seconds can cause permanent eye damage. If the radiance of a thousands suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty Results.
    Where the results are, we won't need eyes to see...
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-06-12 at 02:30 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow's not bad, learn to play (I'll even help you out there). WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING?!

Heh. I'm currently finishing up my 6th and 7th degrees - a masters of science in commerce, and a post-graduate diploma in international trade. Those are day to day words for me - because I spend all day analyzing data for my dissertation. It becomes a useful skill when some respondents present a mountain of empirical evidence and analysis - versus somebody who tries to respond with their personal anecdotal bullshit ;p
    Yvaelle's been in College since Vanilla, lol.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It's getting close to a year of SoO. If you're not on the cutting edge of progression, your class won't matter. 99% of the time you are getting sat is because you are not up to par skill wise. People out gear any content so badly at this point that it doesn't matter what class you bring. There's no real point to complain our numbers, it's a waste of time. People should be looking forward to warlords now, not complaining about something that won't change.

I think balance changes will be made significantly easier with most of our healing utility gone. I'm very much so looking forward to warlords.
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2014-06-12 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING?!
    Because you just bumped it! We were trying to let it die and you ruined it!

Wait, I just bumped it too. Omg it never ends...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Shadow's not bad, learn to play (I'll even help you out there). WHY IS THIS THREAD

I'm here to bitch and complain that I didn't get into alpha.

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING?!
    Because complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yvaelle's been in College since Vanilla, lol.
    I hadn't thought of it that way before, but ya - I graduated highschool in 2004 which was the year WoW came out! o.O

Canadian education is pretty well subsidized, and I was getting scholarships for my first couple degrees - and then was a professional student for a bit there. I'm paying for this post-grad program though - and I keep telling myself these will be the last degrees - but I have told myself that before... ^^

I like my life I'm starting up a video game company at the moment - so that might actually keep me pre-occupied enough to stop collecting fancy wallpaper (degrees).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can I Kicks art Yvaelle's game company?! I MUST KNOW THIS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where can I Kicks art Yvaelle's game company?! I MUST KNOW THIS.
    You will once I finish this masters and get it going

I want to make an MMO eventually that consists entirely of awesome Shadowy classes - 31 flavours of DARKNESSSSSSS

But first I'm going to start with something smaller

10+ Year Old Account

I want to make an MMO eventually that consists entirely of awesome Shadowy classes - 31 flavours of DARKNESSSSSSS

6 shadowy gnomes and the fail dorf! Thou shall not question the dorf. I want a copy...now!

If this was a kickstarter, I'd fund it :-p.

ALL SHADOW, ALL THE TIME.

inb4 27 shadow classes bitching about the 4 overpowered ones. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Because complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data.
    Why is everyone saying this? Is this some kind of inside joke or something? I do not get the reference nor could I find it.