Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Might I get banned for this?

So I purchased a lvl 25 guild the other day. It came with a horrid name so I proceeded to account services to change it. Went through the process normally but forgot that I had made a big purchase with my debit card that day and it was on fumes so the service bounced.

Only it didn't. My guild name got changed and I was not charged at all. Is this common? Should I expect the name change to be reverted? I doubt they can charge me retroactively.

Not bannable, but chances are they're going to want you to give them the money they're due.

This stuff happens, You may get charged in the future though. So if it happens don't be surprised, I have experienced this myself.

But no you can't not get banned for something like that as it was not your fault, but the system's fault 100%.

Under your bed... thats right i know what youdo every night
    I had it with a race/name change once, for some reason the money transfer didnt happen on Blizzards side so after a few weeks i logged in and saw that specific character was greyed out and locked untill i made the money payment again.

Not sure how it will work with a guild tbh would be weird if that would be locked out :-p

EDIT: I forgot something else that happend after that happend...... When the Anual pass got introduced i was unable to sign up for it untill i called them personally o find out why i wasnt able to. Reason was because of the failed payment of that character so they do keep a record of these things on your account even if it doesnt show on your payment history it WILL show on theirs. Thank goodness i was able to have it removed for the Anual pass since i had years and years of a good payment record with Blizzard.
    Last edited by Raleina; 2014-05-22 at 06:57 AM.
    Thanks to Shyama for making this amazing signature

They'll probably just revert the changes you made.

Probably you'll get charged the next day/s. The communication with the bank got approved, it's just that blizzard couldn't draw the money from the bank due to the limit. So as long authentication for it is given, you get your services.

you willl get banned

Not banned but probably internally blacklisted, you will have always trouble with payments with blizzard games if you dont pay as quickly as possible i would guess.

You won't be banned but next time you need to pay for something, these charges will almost certainly show up on the account and you'll need to pay them to continue. I made a payment once and it bounced after the transaction had gone through, the next time my monthly subscription went out I received an email saying my account was on hold due to payment issues, and I had to clear the previous charges to reactivate the sub.

So they won't ban you, but they can put your sub on hold which means you can't play until it's sorted.
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

I think it's a matter of delayed payment.
    You didn't have enough money so the service transferred the payment for the next month?
    Just a thought, might not be true.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Not banned, but it'll probably cost you $35 extra for overdraft.

They'll get their money and depending on the bank, you'll probably get an overdraft fee.

Blizzard gets pissed if credit card payments get reversed, so I'd contact them. A lot of jerks try and abuse credit card chargebacks to get additional game time.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Blizzard gets pissed if credit card payments get reversed, so I'd contact them. A lot of jerks try and abuse credit card chargebacks to get additional game time.
    It is more likely to result an overdraft fee for the OP than a charge back.

The account linked with that debit does not support overdraft (picked it so on purpose to avoid something like this happening). I do have linked accounts that easily cover the charge ofc.

Not a ban, but they might reverse the name change, or have the accounting request payment again after it bounces.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Debit card?

Yeah, you're looking at an overdraft fee more than anything. I use to abuse my overdraft all the time like that when I was a filthy student.

-
    Also, if checking your online statement, the transaction failed, check again after the weekend and it probably went through after all. And be wary of the overdraft. Officially, my account doesn't support an overdraft either. But unofficially.. hahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by CataclismicSunrise; 2014-05-22 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    Debit card?

Yeah, you're looking at an overdraft fee more than anything. I use to abuse my overdraft all the time like that when I was a filthy student.

-
    Also, if checking your online statement, the transaction failed, check again after the weekend and it probably went through after all. And be wary of the overdraft. Officially, my account doesn't support an overdraft either. But unofficially.. hahahahahahahaha
    Well I run payroll through that bank for three different family companies and I made it clear that there must be no overdraft (using that payroll debit). If they fuck it up I will just move those payrolls to another bank in a week, I keep the necessary data from employees on the ready (with their consent). Already changed bank once because some employees complained about certain fees paid.

Anyway since I have cancelled my sub recently and I don't like leaving things like that open, I just ticketed them and had them reverse it (it seemed like it was pending on their end). Rep told me it would take 15 minutes. Three hours later, I still cannot log in that toon . . . because acting responsibly is always rewarding!
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2014-05-22 at 06:06 PM.

highly doubt you will be banned for this

Unlikely you will get banned for this. I have no experience with using a credit card, but I did do a character service some time ago ( faction change I believe ). Did everything as usual, but noticed there was never a withdraw from my bank account. A few weeks later I logged into paypal and the payment had never gone through. I contacted Blizzard about it, but they confirmed the payment had been made and all was good.

Hopefully they'll be able to sort out your situation soon.