15+ Year Old Account

My experience with public game difficulties

Queuing up for all of the difficulties across various characters since RoS release, here is my experience with public games:

Normal: People split farming Act 1 bounties. Everyone leaves and the game ends once all bounties are done and the cache is collected. Farming for Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Hard - Master: Random act bounties and people seem to be farming special crafting mats sometimes, angelic shards for example. Sometimes a rift opens but it's rare.

T1 - Paragon 50-200's rifting. Lots of game hopping of people looking for rifts in progress, but one usually opens within 1-2 minutes of joining, so not sure why people join then leave instantly. Fast rift runs but not a lot of legendary loot. Mostly just for forgotten soul farming.

T2 - Paragon 2-80's who sit around waiting for someone with keys to open a rift and carry them to loot. Rifts go slow because you're in a game with a bunch of leeches looking to be carried. Did this difficulty for a few days then switched to T3 when I realized T3 was faster clears.

T3 - Paragon 200-400 players who do fast rifts. Anyone below paragon 100 is generally kicked pretty quickly. Lots of legendary drops. Less deaths than T2 because on T2 everyone is a bunch of incompetent carries that die all the time so you effectively solo rifts.

No experience with T4+ public games, kinda scared to queue up for them, usually save that for game with friends/clan.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-04-19 at 06:53 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I thought I'd avoid T1 Rifts, because as soon as people are 70 they HAVE to go to torment, because only there they find some of the better legendaries.

I'll have to try T1 and T3. Sitting a 1M selfbuffed dps at the moment (Paragon 113), not sure where this belongs, but I feel comfortable in T2 rifts.

Deleted
    Have to say I have never given much thought to doing public games, primarily because of what you just described as the T2-category. If I group up, I'd rather but do so with people I know aren't there to be carried.

But maybe I'll give it a go at T3. If it doesn't work out, I'll blame you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I thought I'd avoid T1 Rifts, because as soon as people are 70 they HAVE to go to torment, because only there they find some of the better legendaries.

I'll have to try T1 and T3. Sitting a 1M selfbuffed dps at the moment (Paragon 113), not sure where this belongs, but I feel comfortable in T2 rifts.
    Go to T3 pub games if you can comfortably handle T2 rifts solo. The combination of good/geared players and group synergy will get you a lot of legendaries fast. T2 pub games just seems filled with bots and leechers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Have to say I have never given much thought to doing public games, primarily because of what you just described as the T2-category. If I group up, I'd rather but do so with people I know aren't there to be carried.

But maybe I'll give it a go at T3. If it doesn't work out, I'll blame you
    I was about to swear off pub games forever after several days of bad to mediocre T2 groups. A friend suggested I run T3. The mob health doesn't go up significantly, legendaries drop way more, I die less because people aren't terrible and running away/not doing any damage, and it's in general an all around more pleasant experience.

Having said that, a lot of leeches will probably read this thread and start jumping into T3.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Interesting seeing the softcore version of public games.

In hardcore the lower difficulties are much the same.

Torment 1 you'll see players of the 'i can get by if I go slow' all the way up to people in their paragon 300s that are oneshotting pretty much everything.

Torment 2 I think i've only seen 1 meh person, and Torment 3 i've only seen strong people. I haven't ventured into torment 4 or above, but I doubt theres a lot of people there in public games due to the possibility of hardcore trolling to get people gibbed.

The only time you'll see anyone kicked is if they're almost full toughness and no damage. Every once in a while you'll find one that can actually control things that the group will keep, but those are rare. Anyone whose deemed weak/looking for a carry usually ends up dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that input Gande, I'm a hardcore wizard at 80 paragon that solofarms T1 with 650k dmg and just below 11m T selfbuffed, I had thought of doing public but I am aware of the griefing, which makes me lose interest. Is the toughness overgearing people a huge problem? Because I don't see any of my friends doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.