Looking to save time on google searches

This isn't gaming related. So, I'm sorry if it seems out of place on these forums. However, it is computer related.

My mother has a nasty habit of clicking every pop up that shows up on her computer for some reason even though I have told her repeatedly ," NO". So, the laptop PC that she has only had for 7 weeks now has 7 malware programs on it. I have already done the tedious task of removing all the malware programs from her PC and then going through the registry and removing all the unremoved files that the uninstall program refuses to remove. Which, wouldn't necessarily be that big of a deal if I only had to do this once a year. But, a week later she has 10 more malware programs on her PC. Because, the window told her to install this program and so she clicked it. And I keep telling her that if it comes in a pop up she shouldn't click it. but, she does it anyway. The point is. I need a program that I can download that cleans her PC of all malware programs that isn't a scam and doesn't cost a monthly fee. So, if anyone out there knows of a program that I can download that is legitimate and will remove all this malware she keeps downloading to save me the time of Googling for hours trying to find a malware program I can use that isn't a scam. Or to save me the time of spending 4 hours every weekend Searching your Registry for malware files. Please let me know. Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just copy all her files off the laptop, factory reset it and make a full PC backup after you've re-installed everything.

Some people cannot be taught, at least this way you have a quick reset...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, fixing/cleaning a computer is not like clicking "Empty mailbox". Its more like going to the doctor. Every visit will be different, and ever situation needs to be individually evaluated.

If it were ME, I'd install Malwarebytes, Adblock, and Teamviewer 9, and once every two weeks, pop on for 15 minutes and run a quick scan.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If it were ME, I'd install Malwarebytes, Adblock, and Teamviewer 9, and once every two weeks, pop on for 15 minutes and run a quick scan.
    Adding just Adblock would fix a large part of the OP's problem, his mother not seeing the ads would eliminate the likelihood of her clicking them and causing these problems.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Well, I will download the programs you have posted and install them and hope that it helps. I don't want to do a fresh reformat every 2 weeks because my mother does a lot of cooking stuff so that means I would have to have all of her recipes backed up every few weeks. Which seems how you can buy flashdrives that should be able to store everything wouldn't be that big of a deal. I still don't want to take the time every week to back up her files.

I have the router set up so that it isn't supposed to allow malicious websites to be viewed on the network. But, apparently she is still finding them while she searching the internet. Me as an individual didn't think it would be this BIG of a problem. For the most part all she looks up is cooking recipes. But, I assume it's a generational gap thing. I have spent enough time on the internet that I have gotten used to seeing all of the BS spam pop ups and Garbage advertisements on the web and have just gained a Logic about it. 99 percent of all of them are spyware or malware. But, I guess she hasn't acquired the mental filter yet. Plus she is getting old. Which doesn't help. I honestly think most of the spyware and malware out there just exploits people who are either very young or are getting up there in age. Most people of my generation that grew up with computers have spent enough time on the web to just know what to click and what not to click. I've made the mistake before of clicking on things I shouldn't have. But, I honestly didn't think it would be as bad as it is. I get maybe one virus or malware on my PC every 6 months to a year and I feel stupid when it happens. she has barely had that PC a month and I feel like throwing it away because of the level of contamination. lol. Anyhow, thank you for your responses. if there are anymore programs that would help or even general advice it would be appreciated.

Try this software. We use this in a number of computer labs on the campus I work for.

http://www.faronics.com/products/dee...ze/enterprise/