Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Without a doubt, this.

The crafting in the game was the best I've experienced, not least because every item crafted could potentially be different than any other of its type. The player housing was fun to set up, decorate and explore. The space expansion, Jump to Lightspeed, was pretty damned great, and I spent hours every day flying around in a range of fighters on both factions, exploring space, building upgrades for my ships and shooting the hell out of space pirates for loot. Finally discovering those "secret" things your character needed to do to unlock force sensitivity--and the path towards Jedi.

Hunting down bounties with my Bounty Hunter. That bounty system was THE BEST.
    Taming and breeding Rancors with my Bio Engineer. Again, that crafting system...
    Building houses with my Architect. Still love that player housing system.
    Joining the fight with my Combat Medic. Some people didn't care for the whole damage and "wounds" system, but I thought it was pretty unique.
    Before and after the fight, entertaining the troops with my Musician. Buffing stats and healing wounds.
    So many great memories from that game.

I spent a good few years with that game from Beta to the Kashyyyk expansion before the "New Game Experience" came along and effectively destroyed the community. When SWTOR came out it was a thorough disappointment for me...it just didn't even compare to SWG. If I could find my original disks I'd probably be downloading the pre-NGE emulator that a dedicated group of fans put together. I've heard it's spectacular.
    if only there was a email address or someone from sony we could contact and beg them to bring swg back in either Pre Cu or CU versions

Quote Originally Posted by True Process View Post
    You know they brought back servers from 2007 right? I play on it when I'm not raiding or my RBG/Arena teams arent on. Having a lot of fun with it.
    You know thats illegal right ?

But yeah Warhammer Online gief!
    Last edited by Xeroz; 2014-04-20 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer Online and Matrix Online... still miss them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ratyrel View Post
    warhammer online and matrix online... Still miss them
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    if only there was a email address or someone from sony we could contact and beg them to bring swg back in either Pre Cu or CU versions
    Sony apparently "lost" the old pre-CU/NGE files, at least according to one of their representatives. There is currently a small team of independent fans working on an Emulation by reverse-engineering the game and rebuilding it. I really need to find those disks. hehe

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sony apparently "lost" the old pre-CU/NGE files, at least according to one of their representatives. There is currently a small team of independent fans working on an Emulation by reverse-engineering the game and rebuilding it. I really need to find those disks. hehe
    i know that there was a private server for SWG ( SWG Emu) but not sure how popluar the servers are..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    but UO is still around
    It is not the same UO it was the first year it was out. I know this can be said about some other MMO's. But for now, UO is dead in my interest. So I would like to see them bring back the old UO, only with updated graphics of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    i know that there was a private server for SWG ( SWG Emu) but not sure how popluar the servers are..
    constantly 1300-1500 people on swgemu.

wow before the community got cans of liquid cancer. When you could play and have fun insted of playing and had to be on the defensive for every single action you do.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ultima Online. The only MMO in my life which is really MMO. Now, make it into 3D, rebalance PvP so that new people can freaking get out of the city alive once in a while, add more abilities to make combat more engaging - and I'm in.
    UO spoiled me for PVP and seriously I am not a big PVP fan. But it was done right in UO. I did not have a major issue with getting out of the city in UO. They had a very good honor/dishonor system. Playing all out PVP in UO could be very costly, so it was not as common as some think it was. I was a Great Lord , owned a house, blacksmith shop , boat. etc. and mostly played solo. I could handle most PVPers with the exception of gangs of PKers, but usually there were several other players near by who hated them as much as I did. You also had tools to escape them if you wanted and I remember it not being that easy or quick to kill a player close to your level. Sure there were some PVP hotspots , but you could avoid those.

I am referring to the first year or so after UO released. They started to make several dumb changes, the killer for me was the change to recall runes. Also lag in UO could be a major issue and I heard that some of the PKers gangs were UO employees playing the game in the same room the servers where in. This gave them much better latency than most players had. Remember this was back in the old dial up days.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-04-20 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-EoC and pre-number change RuneScape. Basically RS 2010 or whatever the time era was BEFORE they increased numbers times ten. The game has so much content it's unreal, but the combat system is just not RuneScape IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    You know thats illegal right ?

But yeah Warhammer Online gief!
    Runescape 2007? not illegal, jagex did it, it'd be silly saying your own game being released on your own server would be illegal.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Star Wars Galaxies or Ultima Online (first few years).

Cheifly because they were sandbox-style gamplay that rewarded you via CREATING your own experience, not following a publisher's set narrative storyline.

Ultima Online makes me yell at people who say Skyrim Online wouldn't work... The original Ultima Online WAS Skyrim Online when you get right down to it! You could set objects wherever you want, and your leveling was determined by what you DID, your ACTIONS - not by any pre-determined class or XP for killing things.

Probably Vanilla/TBC WoW. LOTRO as well; though with some serious improvements, as well as the elimination of the semi-F2P system which is clunky as hell.

Everquest Online Adventures.

God, that game was so full of awesomeness.

Deleted
    Warhammer online, because I bought it and played it for a total of less than 10 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yes, SWG before NGE. I absolutely loved that game.
    amen, it was my first mmo and my most beloved. i get all emotional when i think about it

It really makes me happy how many people are saying Warhammer Online! I really started to miss it lately. Dark Crag ---> Baddielands represent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Earth and Beyond. The one game I miss that disappeared. There are private servers now, but it had a fantastic concept. Maybe Star Citizen will fill that hole.

EnB was like the wow of space sims. Easy enough for anyone to play during levelling.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    RuneScape Pre-SquealWheel

The game have become such a microtransaction abomination after investors bought it, it's almost worse than Korean MMO's at this point