Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Not sure how to say it but, water is the reason why we are alive, but too much of it could kill.
    Too much of something isn't good.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like the new models, just that they focused way too much on the face.
    Yeah I totally agree. They should have focused more on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post

They look pretty much identical.. it's just now they're capable of showing what they were going for with the old models.
    I just noticed that they've gotten rid of the polygonal portion of their eyebrows since Blizzcon. The eyebrows are now done entirely through texture:

I guess that's so they're better able to do different eyebrow shapes? Unless wowhead's model viewer is screwing up and not displaying the eyebrows properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    That face is in no way ferocious or mean looking.
    thats the point.

gnomes are like brightwing.

theyre mean looking by being psychotically cute
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Compare both models and you'll see a huge difference :l
    They look like kids still. They always have.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the only problem is the permanent smile as the basic expression. No one is smiling all the time. Give her a straight face and keep all the animations, and it should be fine. That's how it should be, and that's how all the other models are. You really don't realize just how big the permanent smile is until you get into the game, it's -really- noticeable. No one should smile that big all of the time, it's got to hurt your face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I think the only problem is the permanent smile as the basic expression. No one is smiling all the time. Give her a straight face and keep all the animations, and it should be fine. That's how it should be, and that's how all the other models are. You really don't realize just how big the permanent smile is until you get into the game, it's -really- noticeable. No one should smile that big all of the time, it's got to hurt your face.
    Smaller mouth and eyes please :v

Smaller mouth and eyes please :v
    She has ginormous eyes on the live model..

I wouldn't focus too much on the weird facial expressions when attacking. Those look like a work in progress, and its not exclusive to fem gnomes, everyone has stupid expressions when attacking. They're gonna get more polished.

Frankly, I never rolled a gnome before, and this model is convincing me to do so. By far THE most expressive model of the whole new batch, it puts the other models to shame. My only criticism is that incredibly goofy smile. A smile that does not go away no matter what face you choose.

if anything, I wish THIS was the basic default expression of the female gnome.

Blizzard makes this the default expression of all female gnomes = I Race-change all my alliance toons to female gnomes.
    Last edited by Derah; 2014-04-20 at 01:35 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    These models are basically what are going to get me playing gnome full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    do you wanna kill some horde with me? i already have five bloody orc heads in my backpack *creepy gnome smile*
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

Blizzard makes this the default expression of all female gnomes = I Race-change all my alliance toons to female gnomes.
    Tbh that face looks alright :[]
    Hope they keep it that way

They have facial emotions when they do stuff because the old models were incapable of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    They have facial emotions when they do stuff because the old models were incapable of it.
    But these are ridiculous :L

Its just better across the board, now with a personality, that doesn't make them look like small children. (Always creeped me out xD)

they are tiny people who ride robots, shoot lazers and wear mohawks.

they are the definition of ridiculous, the only way they could be more ridiculous is if they became druids and had little baby druid forms

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they are tiny people who ride robots, shoot lazers and wear mohawks.
    they are the definition of ridiculous, the only way they could be more ridiculous is if they became druids and had little baby druid forms
    Well said.

15+ Year Old Account

They look pretty much identical.. it's just now they're capable of showing what they were going for with the old models.
    So that model with the downturned mouth, and sharp harsh eyebrows... they were going for warm, affectionate smile?

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    So that model with the downturned mouth, and sharp harsh eyebrows... they were going for warm, affectionate smile?
    <-- MRW I read this..

They couldn't establish a smile with the old model, as stated at Blizzcon, if you looked at the old model's "smile" it was a puff of the cheeks. Besides, how do you get "sharp harsh eyebrows" from that?

how do you get "sharp harsh eyebrows" from that?
    The eyebrows are a different shape than the old ones, is the point, and it's actually a problem they could fix with a very slight texture modification:

Swap the eyebrows between these two faces and suddenly both faces have the same sort of eyebrows they did on their old faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes always looked *silly*. I mean seriously you somehow think they look childish even before the update.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi