Somewhat significant bug with SoO Amplification trinkets

Hey All,

I was perusing the WoW sub-reddit and came across this post today and I confirmed myself what the OP described. I made a demo video below demonstrating the bug, but a TL;DR: is that it looks like at least PBoI is only calculating it's contribution to your stats when it is equipped and only then. When the amount of Haste/Mastery/Spirit on your gear changes it's contribution isn't updated until it's re-equipped.

The workaround is just to re-equip the trinket every time your raw Haste/Mastery/Spirit stat amounts change due to your gear.

FYI!
    -Brusalk

Oh damn. I just tested this myself, and it does in fact behave this way.

I wonder if we should be re-equipping it after, say, the mastery raid buff.

Edit: Nope. Behaves just fine after buffing, but gear is still an issue.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-04-20 at 01:28 AM.

What's to stop you from picking up a second set of haste/mastery gear with no hit/exp and gemmed for straight mastery, equipping PBI, then switching into real dps gear? As long as PBI remains equipped you would keep the inflated haste and mastery values.

Quote Originally Posted by Avido77 View Post
    What's to stop you from picking up a second set of haste/mastery gear with no hit/exp and gemmed for straight mastery, equipping PBI, then switching into real dps gear? As long as PBI remains equipped you would keep the inflated haste and mastery values.
    There isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Oh damn. I just tested this myself, and it does in fact behave this way.

I wonder if we should be re-equipping it after, say, the mastery raid buff.

Edit: Nope. Behaves just fine after buffing, but gear is still an issue.
    I think the bug only happens with gear, but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There isn't.
    Some people will definitely be cheesing their way to extra high parses when this gets broad attention on reddit and here on MMO-C. I remember people doing similar cheesy things with Demo mastery snapshotting for Meta in Cata, equipping the strangest stuff just to have a high snapshot. The Demo thing couldn't be helped, but I can definitely see Blizz fix this particular one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Some people will definitely be cheesing their way to extra high parses
    Maybe, maybe not. I just tested this myself and even with equipping all my haste/mastery and doing full reforge I could only gain 1% mastery and 0.5% haste. I guess people could super try hard and make some insane sets with full regemming and their best gear etc.

Comparison screenshot for proofs:

i.imgur.com/pzuZTcW.png <-I'm not allowed to post links

Also the trinket updates if you zone into an instance so every time you wiped or logged out etc you would need to redo it all. I am also pretty sure this will get fixed within the next 48 hours. Blizz are pretty quick to stop this sort of thing.

I don't think any1s going to be exploiting this tbh. its such a small gain and by the time people actually have a gear set for this it'll be patched. It is good to know if you start swapping your gear around tho.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

There were posts about this way back when SoO was first introduced. I suppose after half a year of silence, this is a good PSA.
    Oderint Dum Metuant
    #9482C9

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. I've not touched my HWF PBI since week 3 of the tier. This probably has something to do with them abandoning Amp as a stat for WoD though.

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    I don't think any1s going to be exploiting this tbh. its such a small gain and by the time people actually have a gear set for this it'll be patched. It is good to know if you start swapping your gear around tho.
    I'm sure this'll be exploited. The things ppl do in this game for a few % increase...

But like you say, it'll get patched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fuck. I've not touched my HWF PBI since week 3 of the tier.
    Don't worry it updates after you log out, die, or zone into an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fuck. I've not touched my HWF PBI since week 3 of the tier. This probably has something to do with them abandoning Amp as a stat for WoD though.
    I doubt it, as Amp as a stat only affected crit damage, and not the passive Haste/Mastery that the trinket provides

I have Heroic healing Amp trinket on my pally and this does work to some extent. I can equip my ret set (heavy haste and mastery) and then put my healing amp trinket on, before switching back to my holy set and gain quite a bit of secondary stats.

HOWEVER the moment you get a buff of any stat type (of the ones I just tried) the secondary stats all recalculate based off your currently equipped gear. I'm going to guess the moment you get a proc that increases your stats, you will lose the extra amp. But I didn't try that far

I didn't get much from it by testing on my Warlock (don't have enough gear to swap around). :<

Haste: 12876 -> 13179
    Mastery: 19545 -> 19686

And yeah, receiving buffs like Blessing of Might resets it. Just tested it on my Paladin.

If you have double amp trinkets equipped, like DPS and healer amp trinkets, the stats get reset when you equip your normal trinket. In fact, going from only using BBoY, to equipping PBoI then from KTT to BBoY doesn't give you the stats from BBoY.

Sure you can do some fancy prepull equipset macros, but it can easily get messed up from external buffs. At least a Mastery buff, because multipliers dont change your actual rating. So BL, LMG etc doesn't affect this gear swapping method.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post

Sure you can do some fancy prepull equipset macros, but it can easily get messed up from external buffs. At least a Mastery buff, because multipliers dont change your actual rating. So BL, LMG etc doesn't affect this gear swapping method.
    nope cuz that would reset the ICD
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Hah true my bad

Deleted
    OP did you discover this one your own or have you been in the elite section of ownedcore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icando View Post
    OP did you discover this one your own or have you been in the elite section of ownedcore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Hey All,

I was perusing the WoW sub-reddit and came across this post today.....
    So no, he didn't discover this on his own

Deleted
    I noticed this a month ago or soo, I put on the trinket first of all my gear and my mastery was many percent lower than usual. Had me figuring, and of course was that the reason!

I tested it on my shaman and it updates my stats properly, perhaps something to do with my passive mastery buff.