Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    so you can be hibernated as the only class, but your 100% immune to polymorphs and hexes, i dont think you should complain about a cc 1 class can bring ( which happens to also be the one your playing) + scare beast though (which is easy to dodge)

and now that fear is getting nerfed to 6 seconds in wod, you only have to worry about hibernate, which is easely shifted in wod due to the fact that it can never be instant anymore

so immunity to poly and hex, traded for a cast cc that can never hit you if you actually pay attention, i call win for your class

stop complaining and l2p tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    so you can be hibernated as the only class, but your 100% immune to polymorphs and hexes, i dont think you should complain about a cc 1 class can bring ( which happens to also be the one your playing) + scare beast though (which is easy to dodge)

and now that fear is getting nerfed to 6 seconds in wod, you only have to worry about hibernate, which is easely shifted in wod due to the fact that it can never be instant anymore

so immunity to poly and hex, traded for a cast cc that can never hit you if you actually pay attention, i call win for your class

stop complaining and l2p tbh
    I don't exactly disagree here but I have to take note that you dismiss fear entirely because it had 2 seconds shaved off?

Quote Originally Posted by PoorAsImecka View Post
    Ferals sitting in roots? I just stopped reading there...
    Jesus fucking Christ you and everyone except the OP seems to one exceptionally dumb crowd! And not a single moderator has stepped in to stop the endless insults OP is getting!??

Seriously, I must assume that everyone in this thread is sub 1200 rating noobs, in which case you simply do not understand or comprehend what the OP is saying here.

So even though this is basically me enrolling in the special Olympics, I will try to explain the situation to you, as simple as possible:

2 vs 2 arena.
    Resto Druid and X dps class
    Vs.
    feral Druid and X class

In this scenario, all it takes to win the match, with minimum skill, is for the resto Druid team to do the following:

Force trinket > cast hibernate > land hibernate on feral > collect points

The reason for this is simply because the resto Druid can easily keep his dps partner up with hots while he trains the ferals healer, while the resto keeps the feral in 3x hibernate > 3x cyclone > 3x roots to slow him down, where after he simply needs to wait 5 sec before he can star the chain all over again.

And for the noobs saying "omg just shift the hibernate", seriously?
    The restoration Druid could freakin stun him straight into the chain, effectively leaving him fucked again.

You people are so bad, yet keep acting like little bitches at the OP simply because he points a problem
    With Druid cc out, that you are to clueless to understand.

So what if you get stunned, you can still shift the hibernate. Roots slowing again? I'm wondering if you even have any shifting macros.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-04-20 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not talking about paladins.

Talking about having 1 class that can effectively chain CC to that level. It would be like having a Warlock being able to both banish and fear you which is kinda ironic since they put Cyclone and Fear on the same DR so 2 classes can't chain it.

- - - Updated - - -

If hibernate worked on every other class along with cyclone, do you think that would be fair and balanced? I doubt it since blizzard made sure that Warlocks and Druids couldn't team up and do that as they put Fear and Cyclone on the DR to keep them from doing just that.
    Warlocks can use their succybus+fear. Works like a charm and a lot already do it.

It's a bit annoying having to shapeshift in/out, but then go tunnel them instead so they have other things to do than pester you. Your comparison equal that of other classes having to jump to avoid some CC. You're barely losing dps from shapeshifting anyway, since you just pool energy meanwhile.

macro /focus and cancel-form and deal with it.
    Then they only have 3Xcyclone. I'm really not going to take you serious on the 3Xroot, because it doesn't even delay you the time it takes for them to cast it. Even the gcd alone of the instant one isn't worth it.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ you and everyone except the OP seems to one exceptionally dumb crowd! And not a single moderator has stepped in to stop the endless insults OP is getting!??
    snipping wall of bla bla spiced with insults
    Tunnel resto if you have trouble watching /focus, and there's no real issue:P
    You can shapeshift out in caster form in all CC. Stuns too. A good resto can be annoying but it's not like they ever get to land that 3Xhibernate. They get one in, when you forget to pay attention.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2014-04-20 at 06:08 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Pretty sure warlock can banish demo warlocks in Meta form. Also priest/pally use to be able to cc DK's under Lichborne effect. You become practically immune to a very popular cc (polymorph) wich most people don't have an innate defense against while gaining vulnerability to one that you can defend against by just shifting so stop crying.
    They can also banish restoration druids in Tree form, but neither of them live in those forms or are forced to in order to access the majority of its tool set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    So, cc thats used in like
    1 in 100,000 instances of pvp combat, is op and needs nerfed because the player is bad?

Yea....no.
    Nothing to do about being a good or bad player, everything to do with it being OP in that 1 in 100,000 instances that does not hurt it at all in the other 99,999 instances.

Everything to do with being good or bad, aside from a foolish nature's swifted hibernate (which won't even be a thing next xpac) you have zero excuse for being hibernated. NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    As a druid why would you want to nerf your own class's cc?
    Because it primarily works on only druids and primarily of 1 spec and can be chained.

Like I said, to feral druids it is about like having a Warlock who can Banish you and then Fear you with no Diminishing returns.

And to the guy who mentioned Seduce and Fear, unless I am wrong, those also share DR to avoid that chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PoorAsImecka View Post
    Ferals sitting in roots? I just stopped reading there...
    Who said anything about sitting in the roots?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I do have to say that this brings up one recent situation in which a balance druid proved problematic. Now, in 2v2 and such, against a druid, its generally fairly easy- i can shift out of form, ect, avoid the long CC chain. However, one time in an RBG match, I was up against a team that was fairly pathetic in terms of damage sources. Even with around 6 stacks, I could survive long enough for my healers to get back and heal me even once they killed the healer, and my team was slaughtering their FC very well. However, there was this one druid that, whenever my team got a kill in, would lock me a CC chain consisting of cyclone-hibernate. Now, the cyclone itself was annoying, but I didn't dare try to deshift the hibernate- they had some stunners there, and all it would take for me to get slaughtered would be a single stun while I was shifting back into bear form. So I would simply eat the CC chain. What generally happened was that I would get moved off the flag, CC chained, and they would grab the flag, and zip it back to their base where we would inevitably re-cap the flag. We won the match 1-0, but it was a pretty long game.
    So essentially, it wasn't that bad.

They can also banish restoration druids in Tree form, but neither of them live in those forms or are forced to in order to access the majority of its tool set.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do about being a good or bad player, everything to do with it being OP in that 1 in 100,000 instances that does not hurt it at all in the other 99,999 instances.
    Banishing of treeform isn't possible anymore.
    Do you even play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Everything to do with being good or bad, aside from a foolish nature's swifted hibernate (which won't even be a thing next xpac) you have zero excuse for being hibernated. NONE.
    Nothing to do about being good or bad. And if you think you have no reason to ever get caught in Hibernate or have juking it repeatedly cost you then you don't know enough about the situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Banishing of treeform isn't possible anymore.
    Do you even play the game?
    Said in the first post that I do not play anymore and haven't played MoP. Was asking about this as it is something they never changed since the beginning as far as I can tell even when it was a very big problem.

Seriously, I must assume that everyone in this thread is sub 1200 rating noobs, in which case you simply do not understand or comprehend what the OP is saying here.

So even though this is basically me enrolling in the special Olympics, I will try to explain the situation to you, as simple as possible:

2 vs 2 arena.
    Vs.
    feral Druid and X class

In this scenario, all it takes to win the match, with minimum skill, is for the resto Druid team to do the following:

The reason for this is simply because the resto Druid can easily keep his dps partner up with hots while he trains the ferals healer, while the resto keeps the feral in 3x hibernate > 3x cyclone > 3x roots to slow him down, where after he simply needs to wait 5 sec before he can star the chain all over again.

The restoration Druid could freakin stun him straight into the chain, effectively leaving him fucked again.

You people are so bad, yet keep acting like little bitches at the OP simply because he points a problem
    You should grab a warm glass of milk and sit down.

These fantasy situations only exist if your partner is completely incapable. Chains like this are broken by

a. any pressure at all, ever.
    b. counter cc (Do you have a priest or monk healer? BAM COMBO BREAKER)
    c. Switching targets momentarily.

Also, while ferals cry about one goddamn counter situation, mages and shamans cry while their most important cc is useless against them.

This is called balance, now finish your glass of milk and go practice.

Said in the first post that I do not play anymore and haven't played MoP. Was asking about this as it is something they never changed since the beginning as far as I can tell even when it was a very big problem.
    My bad then, but i honestly don't think it's much of a problem. I dislike if i meet hunter/druid/priest. It's more than i can keep track of, but just one druid isn't a problem. Only one that is annoying is another feral since they have instant hibernate, so you basically go around hibernating each other all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    My bad then, but i honestly don't think it's much of a problem. I dislike if i meet hunter/druid/priest. It's more than i can keep track of, but just one druid isn't a problem. Only one that is annoying is another feral since they have instant hibernate, so you basically go around hibernating each other all the time.
    I was thinking about situations like where you are in WSG and carrying the flag and they aren't trying to kill you but pin you down and your feral charge and all have a much shorter range than their Hibernate or in group situations where the other side is waiting for you to juke the hibernate to CC chain you in caster form and blow you up and if you don't then they have you taken out of the match for the duration anyways or in 1v1 situations where they have caught you at range and are doing the CC chain timing Wraths so they hit you right as the last CC ends and they are already charging up the next one and if you stay out of feral forms you still can't do anything and are out of range.

I have heard they have done stuff in MoP to make the issue smaller but still have never done anything to actually fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    You should grab a warm glass of milk and sit down.

These fantasy situations only exist if your partner is completely incapable. Chains like this are broken by

a. any pressure at all, ever.
    b. counter cc (Do you have a priest or monk healer? BAM COMBO BREAKER)
    c. Switching targets momentarily.

Also, while ferals cry about one goddamn counter situation, mages and shamans cry while their most important cc is useless against them.

This is called balance, now finish your glass of milk and go practice.
    Is 2 people in the entire thread that have been like that, and everybody else have been against. Don't try to rub our nose in other peoples shit :P

Apart from that, there's no more fun thing than seeing a mage cast 3-4 polymorphs in row at you in a bg >.>

2 vs 2 arena.
    Vs.
    feral Druid and X class

Well, I do agree with you that most of the replies are generally people being douchebags to the OP because they don't agree. It's a shame they can't form arguments without resorting to insults.

That being said Hibernate isn't a huge problem. It is indeed very very annoying - to the point of wanting to punch your screen in when you face a competent Resto Druid. They can simply fake cast it and force you as a Feral to shift out of form. The loss of globals shifting back in and then repeating this to try and avoid hibernate means a huge DPS loss. You pretty much have to take the CC. However, that's a 1v1 situation. Throw in a partner and all of a sudden you've got help to interrupt, etc.
    Also keep in mind that even with a partner, 2v2 is not balanced and this is a prime example.

In 3's it usually isn't too much of a big deal. I'd be more concerned that our cyclone (20yd for Feral) is getting a second nerf by being put on the Fear DR category which eliminates us playing with Priests or Locks. A real shame because (regardless of current power) Disc Priests are one of the fun classes for Feral to play with and arguably have (as a healer) had the best synergy with Feral in the past.