10+ Year Old Account

Home Sound System

I've been eyeing some new TV's and the like for the bedroom, and realized my current TV has speakers built in. The new one, whatever I choose, likely won't.

I'd just get normal tower speakers, but I imagine those would cost more than a simple 2.1-ish setup. The TV is really only used when going to bed, so a "nice" sound system is entirely unnecessary. I've been hooking my little usb logitech Z110 to my phone lately when napping, and those dinky things have provided plenty of sound power.

The problem is that the speakers (if they arent tower) would be put up on the headboard of the bed, which is a good 10-15 feet from the TV. I'm considering a wireless system, if it's cheap enough. Other alternatives would be good though. I know next to nothing about modern sound systems outside of the receivers these days.

Cheaper is better, as long as it fits the functionality.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    All the new TVs still have speakers built in. Well here in NZ they do anyway, and seeing as we get them from overseas id say they do to. The quality is pretty awful though. Can't really help recommend anything though as America has a lot more choice than we do lol. I will say though if you can get a 5.1 system you should. I recently put one in bedroom and its pretty awesome.

Sound bars?

Can also mount them

i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with glo . I have one of these http://tinyurl.com/l9ub7jy and its pretty awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    A sound bar might work out. Unfortunately we can't mount anything, currently (renting). Are there any... not-$1000 ones? >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab