Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think it's really so much raiders that are dicks, it's just the individual people that are dicks. It just so happens that there's an awful lot of them nowadays. There's still a lot of really nice people out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    LFM ICC 25m, 5.5k GS+
    For ICC? Try VoA... Luckily my server was small enough even then that a concentrated effort from the more prominent people stomped that nonsense out, at least on Alliance.

For the OP, this is nothing new.

Deleted
    It has been this way since Wotlk really... And people keep telling themselves that Wotlk was the best expansion ever! It ruined the game, BUT still the best expansion ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    I recently learned about oqueue and I am having a blast using it. Finding celestials in less than 5 mins, same to ordos, and literally everything. If I knew about this addon earlier, I probably would have been a bit more active. The only thing I am having troubles finding a group is Challenge modes as an Arms Warrior. I guess I just need to create my own group/go tank.
    Unbelievable, thank you very much. Downloaded it, found a celestial group in the first five minutes, killed one and got a 550 ring, brilliant! Will make finding groups much easier
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

groups with ilvl 550+ will have it way easier than groups with ilvl 530+.. just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    I recently learned about oqueue and I am having a blast using it. Finding celestials in less than 5 mins, same to ordos, and literally everything. If I knew about this addon earlier, I probably would have been a bit more active. The only thing I am having troubles finding a group is Challenge modes as an Arms Warrior. I guess I just need to create my own group/go tank.
    Just so you know, the oQueue site has been compromised.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

If people can fill a group without inviting lower geared people they will, and should not be blamed for this. With world bosses, PvP gear, Timeless gear and LFR there are plenty of ways to easily get to around 540 ilvl. If you have a main you can even get warforged gear from Ordos which is kind of a joke. This game is about progression, you just can't jump straight into flex or normal unless you're getting carried by friends.

Deleted
    And that's why when I want to do something, I go and do the group myself. It's not that hard really.

Also when doing those groups, I prefer guys with 2-3 less bosses and 20 more ilvl. Flex is piss easy might as well stomp it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Hmm probably should have mentioned I quit last August, just as SoO was being released, and I was running ToT LFR a lot. I have just resubbed; I am trying to run LFR as I said and that doesn't work because the groups consist of bought characters or plain stupid people. And also, if you read my post correctly you would see even if I ran LFR for weeks, I wouldn't have an iLvl that matches the absurd requirements of 545 for example for flex.

Any other suggestions how else I should upgrade my ilvl sir? I am using my valor to buy 522 stuff obviously, but besides that, I am not getting much higher! And when I am not allowed to join flex, I can't see the point in me carrying on playing haha.
    Stop making and excuses and being lazy ;P
    You can get 545 without ever stepping fot in SoO.

ToT Heroic
    Timeless isle upgraded.
    World bosses.
    Crafted gear(so cheap now)
    Valor upgrades / Valor gear.
    PVP gear. (High ilvl, easy obtainable, no stat loss)
    Legendary cloak.
    Different quest gear rewards(bit outdated in ilvl but still there)

Then add:
    lfr gear,
    flex gear from making your own group, even to only kill first wing.
    Create a normal pug.
    GDKP 25man runs of soo (only takes gold to get in and get gear)
    Sure im missing additional ways but this should be easy enough to follow :P

And gearing is so trivial at this stage of the game that the only thing holding you back is yourself and perhaps time.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-04-21 at 12:52 PM.

become?

I remember the exact same thing (but worse) in al the previous expansions. if anything its even LESS prevalent now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    LFM ICC 25m, 5.5k GS+
    Still remember trade PUGs asking for 5,5k GS for weekly raid quest for Patchwerk... Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if its been said once it's been said a million times

make
    your
    own
    group
    well we've been telling all the people who play this game to stop being so bad at it for the past 10 years

but you can see how effective that strategy was

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    its quite effective strategy - its only ineffective for people who play on really multiple alts (5-10+) in different time of tier - those who stick to few alts have no problem with joining only good groups cause they are efficient in fast gear accumulation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well we've been telling all the people who play this game to stop being so bad at it for the past 10 years

"Make your own group" is not actually as easy or effective a strategy as some suggest.

For example, you can make your own group with you in it. Then what?

Guessing the OP joined WoW after Cata? Gearscore was complained about in Wrath all the time for the same reason, in the end though you can't change peoples attitudes. They don't want to group with lesser geared players, you can't force em.

Speaking of, Flex really has been a great thing for WoW. People haven't really been pugging ICC but now Flex is seeing that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have seen some lame excuses too. Like "Just because you can raid heroics on one character doesn't mean you know how to play another that well".
    I wouldn't say that's a 'lame excuse', on the contrary I actually agree. I'm not sure how achieving 7/14 heroic on a DPS (for example) qualifies you to then tank the raid.

People ask for high item levels because they want smooth runs, me included. I don't think anyone can argue against better gear making a fight easier.

In other news, I got declined for Garrosh Normal on my 566 lock yesterday!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-22 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I wouldn't say that's a 'lame excuse', on the contrary I actually agree. I'm not sure how achieving 7/14 heroic on a DPS (for example) qualifies you to then tank the raid.
    Pretty much also this, was in a flex raid recently with two tanks from the same guild, both ilvl ~530-540, both usually dps/heal in their mid-progress hc raiding guild.
    went pretty much alright, but fast forward to siegecrafter, and both start excusing their fails to correctly tank and kill the add on siegecrafter being a terribly designed boss, yada yada

i know there are people who are able to tank this boss no problem in much lesser gear (myself included), so i was laughing pretty hard the whole time

Also, inflated ilvl and such allow you to demand high ilvls for rnds and still fill your raid in a timely manner. No one would ask for ilvl 570+ for garrosh nhc if there werent enough people with ilvl 570+ who want to do garrosh nhc.

edit: tbh, i also lost any motivation to really join pug raids on my dps without legendary, because legendary really does increase your dps by a substantial amount. Joining an nhc pug with people with mb 5-10 ilvl more than you, but being 10-20% behind them in dps due to the legendary is pretty retarded t,t, even if no one really complains.
    Last edited by mmoc4b8d679785; 2014-04-22 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    I solve that problem ages ago going with friends/guild or country community some chit-chat with strangers helps alot too
    Now i can jump stright in to flex with fresh boosted lv 90 character just because of connections who i made slowly with patience

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    have you forgotten about honor gear, which is 522 and is identically useful as pve 522 gear since pvp stats dont affect item budget?
    Honor gear can't be upgraded. Honor boots don't have two sockets. Honor trinkets are garbage for PvE. Honor gear has PvP socket bonuses instead of actually beneficial ones.

Honor farming is a good way to pad your item level, but it's not "identically useful" to actual PvE gear. For most, the Shado-Pan Assault trinket is better than the timeless isle 535s, and so are the crafted 522 boots with two sockets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Honor gear can't be upgraded. Honor boots don't have two sockets. Honor trinkets are garbage for PvE. Honor gear has PvP socket bonuses instead of actually beneficial ones.

Honor farming is a good way to pad your item level, but it's not "identically useful" to actual PvE gear. For most, the Shado-Pan Assault trinket is better than the timeless isle 535s, and so are the crafted 522 boots with two sockets.
    Honor gear is far from padding, the difference is so miniscule in slots apart from trinkets, and pvp pieces can actually be amazing. Just been gearing my paladin's offspec (prot) a bit and here are the pvp shoulders:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=100690/g...aled-shoulders
    The other options are what? Vendor shoulders from ToT rep without socket with hit/crit or dodge/hit, ToT normal shoulders (that you still need luck on) with crit/haste or dodge/parry both with 1 socket, or ToT tier shoulders, that have 2 sockets but a worse itemized hit/mastery. I'll keep my amazingly itemized "ilvl-padding" pvp shoulders thank you very much. PvP power socket bonuses happen, but not on all pieces and even if they do, the difference is pretty marginal anyway. If you would even go for the socket bonus in the first place on the PvE piece.

And yeah, eventually PvE items will win out because you can valor upgrade them. However, we're talking about gearing (new) characters here, who don't have infinite valor and probably won't waste the 1000 per week on upgrading their worst 522 pieces. Even more so if you consider they'll be buying 1 or 2 valor trinkets, which is the only thing you really shouldn't get from honor.

On top of all that, they're soooo easy to get it's ridiculous. Even if there's a 522 PvE item that is better in a certain slot, you still need luck to have it drop, compared to doing a handful of dungeons and be guaranteed to have a piece that will give you - say - 99.9% same output.