Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Iiiiiiiiiiiii'm sorry, are you whining about being an 'immobile turret'? Spriests would like to talk to you. And arcane mages.

    All you elemental shamans need to suck it up and learn how to stand and cast. ;P
    I agree completely when it comes to Spriests. They have the same issue (amongst others). Less certain about Arcane Mages though. I think they have a few more options, but I don't play one, so I really can't say.

    We've stood and cast before. Then we were taken to the promised land. Where we no longer had to stick to our spot, and had some mobility given to us. It was amazingly fun! And now it's been taken away for no real reason. I honestly believe that any changes need to be measured against two things. 1) Balance. 2) Fun. Since it's not a balance issue (it had very little impact on our DPS) but it provided us with a fun perk, then there is an issue with this decision.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    With choice, people can become paralyzed about what's 'right'. (Celestalon)

    /facepalm

    We want people to have interesting choices that's why we're changing the talent trees. MOP mantra

    Choice bad, simple good, people not us stupid WOD mantra

    You're missing the point - they're not going to give you MEANINGLESS choices because the nitpicking theorycrafting crowd will beat the topic to death screaming their right with pages and pages of meaningless math that demonstrate that some of the time things work slightly in their favor. It's imbecilic and infuriating, especially when the design team has bluntly stated - "this is what we want X to be, if you get it to do Y, we will change it" - that's basically a polite way of saying, STOP TRYING TO BREAK THE FKING GAME - would you like the Dev's to spend more time making content, or spending that time constantly patching the game to keep you from playing the game in a way that doesn't fit within the balanced scheme they are trying to create?

    If they want you to make a meaningful choice, they'll give you those options - because most of the time there will be a clear, right answer, and sometimes it will be more subjective. But the fewer "meaningless" choices they give players, the ones that were initially added for flavor but have devolved into wastes of space for people to bicker over, the better off the game is. People can play the game without arguing over it.

  3. #143
    Nice too see that Blizzard answers questions of all classes they care... so every class except priest!

  4. #144
    The Patient Trollfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Posts
    225
    wow, someone beat WoW

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I agree completely when it comes to Spriests. They have the same issue (amongst others). Less certain about Arcane Mages though. I think they have a few more options, but I don't play one, so I really can't say.

    We've stood and cast before. Then we were taken to the promised land. Where we no longer had to stick to our spot, and had some mobility given to us. It was amazingly fun! And now it's been taken away for no real reason. I honestly believe that any changes need to be measured against two things. 1) Balance. 2) Fun. Since it's not a balance issue (it had very little impact on our DPS) but it provided us with a fun perk, then there is an issue with this decision.
    Arcane mages are effectively tied to one spot for the majority of their DPSing. RoP, even now, doesn't afford much mobility.

    I used to play ele shaman, too.

    It -is- a balance issue, but not one specifically of Elemental DPS. Blizzard -intentionally- wants casters to have to hold still to do maximum damage. It's a balance change in the sense of the overall health of the game, as opposed to 'balance for elemental shaman DPS'. Maybe it's because I've mained mage since BC, but even playing Frost--the most mobile of mage specs, pretty much, as far as I'm concerned--maximizing my ability to stay in one place and pump out spells makes me feel more skilled than running around and not losing DPS from it.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post

    I'd say your behavior is toxic, not to mention, racist.
    Russian isn't a race my friend, so this isn't racist. Sorry if you are an "honest" russian player and I offended you in any way, that wasn't my point. Of course, not ALL russians are cheaters/exploiters, but you have to admit that russians have this well known "tradition", maybe it's a cultural thing, I don't know.. Everyone with a little bit of experience in online games know this.

    If I say Japanese people are well known for their discipline, english people are well know for their rock bands, russian people are well know for their ballet and unique architecture, am I being racist too, or whatever you want to call me? because for me, it's the same thing.

    Back to my post. Yes, In my opinion, russian or not, multiboxing is an example of toxic behavior, because you are paying to get advantage and trying to overlap the game rules. When the cases are isolated, you won't feel the problem, but when it becomes a trend and everyone start multiboxing to get advantages... Blizzard will probably love everyone paying 4+ subs for a while, but the game will become pathetic.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Arcane mages are effectively tied to one spot for the majority of their DPSing. RoP, even now, doesn't afford much mobility.

    I used to play ele shaman, too.

    It -is- a balance issue, but not one specifically of Elemental DPS. Blizzard -intentionally- wants casters to have to hold still to do maximum damage. It's a balance change in the sense of the overall health of the game, as opposed to 'balance for elemental shaman DPS'. Maybe it's because I've mained mage since BC, but even playing Frost--the most mobile of mage specs, pretty much, as far as I'm concerned--maximizing my ability to stay in one place and pump out spells makes me feel more skilled than running around and not losing DPS from it.
    I'm a little confused why it's okay for one class, like Frost Mages, but not another, like Ele Shaman, to have an ability that they can reliably use on the move.

    The Ele rotation is one of the simplest in the game at the moment. One of the fun parts of it though, was in having *something* to be able to contribute in a high mobility fight. And it's a pretty small something really. But it's a cool perk to have, and a fun one at that. I get that they want Hunters to sort of own the mobility ranged DPS. I don't have a problem with that. But LB on the move doesn't even come close to bumping into that territory.

    Ultimately, I know it isn't a huge deal, but for me it's removing a rather fun part of the class. In my opinion, when you pull away something that is fun, the reasoning should be of the highest calibre. And honestly, I'm just not seeing it here.

  8. #148
    Yea he sure beat wow but i wonder if that guy have a life at all.

  9. #149
    I don't honestly get why the MMO-Champ crowd is so mad at that guy...look, I don't approve of his behavior and never would honestly consider pulling that stunt...BUT, go look any time someone posts about getting ganked by a level 90 and camped on a PVP server. People basically just spam "roll PVE" or "carebear", etc. Now, someone found a PVP solution to complete an achievement he wanted and the same community is like...this guy should be banned or his guild blacklisted, etc. Just because I don't care to do it, he broke no rules and basically listened to the voice of the WoW PVP community that says, if you're on a PVP server, it's all fair game.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by jna View Post
    Russian isn't a race my friend, so this isn't racist.
    Being a bigot against another people isn't bigoted if they happen to have the same skin color? The meaning of the insults doesn't change with color. Usually when someone attacks another group of people, it's called racism, because in essence it's the same thing, it's pathetic that you are trying to make excuses.

    What is well known is that attacking Russians is a substitute for racism that society frowns upon, saying similar things against blacks, jews is "wrong" but since Russians are white and cockblockin' US imperialism, bigoted words cease to be bigoted because it's convenient by a lot of people to overlook. Western media is a lot to blame, Russia is basically described in cold war / comic book terms..

    you have to admit that russians have this well known "tradition", maybe it's a cultural thing, I don't know.. Everyone with a little bit of experience in online games know this.
    Cultural? You think a country's culture includes something like computer games? I don't think you know anything about Russian culture, if anything they value trust, friendship, a lot.

    If I say Japanese people are well known for their discipline, english people are well know for their rock bands, russian people are well know for their ballet and unique architecture, am I being racist too, or whatever you want to call me? because for me, it's the same thing.
    So you say praise and insults are the same thing? No, they are the opposites of each other. Just because you can say something nice doesn't mean it's suddenly ok to make all kinds of insults!

  11. #151
    Field Marshal Chaoss17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    96
    That pvp guy is so.. beurk.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny447 View Post
    Sporting Tier 3. Why not just xmog it. Makes it clear it's fake lol. All un-enchanted and no ring.
    He has the ring but who cares since farming the set wasn't exactly challenging in tbc. Don't be bitter, I think 100% achies is pretty cool even though he must have russian'd many of them.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Being a bigot against another people isn't bigoted if they happen to have the same skin color? The meaning of the insults doesn't change with color. Usually when someone attacks another group of people, it's called racism, because in essence it's the same thing, it's pathetic that you are trying to make excuses.

    What is well known is that attacking Russians is a substitute for racism that society frowns upon, saying similar things against blacks, jews is "wrong" but since Russians are white and cockblockin' US imperialism, bigoted words cease to be bigoted because it's convenient by a lot of people to overlook. Western media is a lot to blame, Russia is basically described in cold war / comic book terms..
    So could I also call you "racist" for thinking all western people are intolerant, ignorant about Russia and believe in everything the media says?
    I understand what you are trying to say, but can you see the flaw in this logic of "racism"? And I also could consider this an insult, if I wanted, you see?

    Imo, these are internet fallacies, the main concept of racism is when you consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other. And this intention is FAR away from my post, seriously. Sometimes someone can make just a positive or negative critic, but that doesn't necessarily means racism, xenophoby, homophoby or whatever.

    The only thing I said was a question "why they like to cheat/exploit so much in games?" and that they are well known for this behavior, that's it. I think you are over exaggerating my words to prove something. Looks like you got what all other people said in this thread and are putting it in my mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Cultural? You think a country's culture includes something like computer games? I don't think you know anything about Russian culture, if anything they value trust, friendship, a lot.
    I said MAYBE it's a cultural thing, because how you behave in different situations online or offline usually have something to do with your cultural aspects.
    Btw, I have two friends which part of their family is from Russia and I talk to them about this sometimes. But they are open minded people, so we talk about our cultural differences more freely. This is an interesting subject, specially, because people of my country (also) have some kinds of peculiar behavior in online games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    So you say praise and insults are the same thing? No, they are the opposites of each other. Just because you can say something nice doesn't mean it's suddenly ok to make all kinds of insults!
    I meant talking about the behavior of people, no matter if this behavior is seen as "good" , "bad" or "different" by some eyes.

    Again, As I already said, the point wasn't to offend anyone, but try to understand a kind of human behavior in a specific environment - online games. However, I understand how you act defensively because of this stereotype from the gaming community. Maybe it was my english fault that made it sound like an insult.
    Last edited by jna; 2014-04-23 at 05:29 AM.

  14. #154
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden.
    Posts
    81
    God, I had to log in just to post a comment and laugh at all the people who get all worked up over what this guy did to get his achievements and then proceed to pretty much say "It's just a game, what a sad nerd".

    Kudos to getting every damn achievement, it's no small effort even with a huge amount of help.

  15. #155
    Not sure what is more sad, that he has all the achievements, or that he has an army of pathetic nobodies strung along helping him achieve them.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2014-04-23 at 05:41 PM.

  16. #156
    Mechagnome Karot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Illinois, United States
    Posts
    535
    I wonder why the rest of the guild would help one guy get realm-first for every class. Did he pay them off or something? What did they get out of it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •