A solid next-gen gaming build?

I am looking at buying/building a new desktop within the year or so, as my current laptop just isn't ideal for gaming. I'd really prefer pre-assembled, but I realize that can significantly bump up costs, and I'm trying to get the most for my money. So I'm looking for reccomendations parts wise, but also any advice on companies that sell pre-built, and how much more they'd really be.

Budget: ~$2000 USD

Games / Settings Desired: I'd like to be able to handle 25 mans and PvP at max settings with 60+ FPS, as well as new games like Evolve, Heavily modded Skyrim, Dark Souls 2, watch dogs, etc, at max settings with a solid 60 FPS (Is this reasonable?) as well as anything that might come out in the near future.

Needed Things: With this rig, I'll also need an OS (probably Win 7 home premium 64) and a 24" Monitor, as my current monitor (E248WFP) is starting to show its wear and tear and I'd like to have two screens for multi-tasking while gaming and the like.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

the prebuilt price from ibuypower.
    for this system is $1804 not including shipping
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3vCVT
    doing it yourself cost $1570.64.
    you can see the mark up. also this system would probably get what you want from your discretion.
    Not saying its the best since im doing an apples to apples price compare so part list was based on ibuypowers selection.
    price can even go lower if you use parts not available from ibuypower to compare.

neither comes with monitors. just a pure pc price compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($54.98 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($509.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($286.99 @ B&H)
    Total: $1667.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-21 05:44 EDT-0400)

You can bump up the videocard to 780Ti if you wish for $200 extra. 4770k is $100 extra. 16GB would be about $60 extra. It hit right at the $2k mark but I don't find it necessary.
    Cooling you can change to a water cooler AIO if you want. Like H60 or something.

You won't be doing a consistent 60+ in 25 mans as far as I know with any CPU, sorry.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($80.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital AV-GP 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.51 @ Mwave)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.99 @ Best Buy)
    Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($187.45 @ Mwave)
    Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($187.45 @ Mwave)
    Total: $1887.30
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-21 05:47 EDT-0400)

Core costs ~$1500, with two 1080p screens. The Utterly bonkers rebate on the 400R means it's probably best in class right now, so grab that. You can probably stretch for a gTX780Ti, but that might be pushing it. Gong with the Noctua D14, though the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is probably also good, and is much cheaper.
    Last edited by mmoc5a460f7641; 2014-04-21 at 09:52 AM. Reason: I fail at math

To reiterate on what was suggested, the two setups linked above are pretty good. However, tenangrychickens, why change to 2133 memory from the 1600 Remilia suggested? And OP didn't ask for a double monitor setup, but if he likes the idea, sure.

Personally, OP, if you're not interested in double monitors, i'd go with Remilia's list. But also bump the RAM to 16 gigz, to avoid using up the 8 and thrashing your hard drive for more memory, which would be rare unless you multi-task a lot. Perhaps Skyrim heavy modding would also use up a lot of memory. So if you're okay with not saving cash from the budget, consider 8 more gigz of RAM and the 780ti. Like Ramilia said, 25 man constant 60 FPS raiding won't happen, regardless of the setup. That's because WoW is more CPU bound. Every other game will play beautifully though.

Since you're in the US, I believe you can have Bestbuy assemble for you the parts people recommended here, for a reasonable fee. And it would be under their warranty.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    To reiterate on what was suggested, the two setups linked above are pretty good. However, tenangrychickens, why change to 2133 memory from the 1600 Remilia suggested? And OP didn't ask for a double monitor setup, but if he likes the idea, sure.

Personally, OP, if you're not interested in double monitors, i'd go with Remilia's list. But also bump the RAM to 16 gigz, to avoid using up the 8 and thrashing your hard drive for more memory, which would be rare unless you multi-task a lot. Perhaps Skyrim heavy modding would also use up a lot of memory. So if you're okay with not saving cash from the budget, consider 8 more gigz of RAM and the 780ti. Like Ramilia said, 25 man constant 60 FPS raiding won't happen, regardless of the setup. That's because WoW is more CPU bound. Every other game will play beautifully though.

Since you're in the US, I believe you can have Bestbuy assemble for you the parts people recommended here, for a reasonable fee. And it would be under their warranty.
    Haswell architecture plays slightly better with 2133MHz, and seeing as the RAM I chose is of lesser cost, I thought, 'why not?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for Maxwell.

And I still think the I5 3570k is better than the 4670k. I use the 3570k and it's a breeze to OC, the 4670k is a pita. I built my GFs pc with the Haswell and every time I thought I had a stable OC, it would crash out eventually. My 3570k@4.5ghz, is stable on everything, everywhere.

Wait a bit OP, don't spend too quickly. And, remember, PC gamers are pretty much stuck with 90% console ports, for new games. An I5 anything and a GTX770, already destroys the current 'next-gen' consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You won't be doing a consistent 60+ in 25 mans as far as I know with any CPU, sorry.
    Awww really? I appreciate the help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Core costs ~$1500, with two 1080p screens. The Utterly bonkers rebate on the 400R means it's probably best in class right now, so grab that. You can probably stretch for a gTX780Ti, but that might be pushing it. Gong with the Noctua D14, though the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is probably also good, and is much cheaper.
    And OP didn't ask for a double monitor setup, but if he likes the idea, sure.
    Sorry if I was bit unclear about this.
    I have a 24" E248WFP LCD monitor that still works fine, but I'd like to get a second monitor so that I can, for example, watch Netflix while doing dailies or farming ore and such. But that isn't really a must, just something extra that would be nice--And at the end of the day, I can just set my laptop on the desk next to my monitor and have the ability to do that sort of stuff without using any of the desktop's resources on whatever I'm doing on the second screen --Which I guess is actually a much smarter Idea, so just forget the monitor altogether.

Thanks, I will look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Haswell architecture plays slightly better with 2133MHz, and seeing as the RAM I chose is of lesser cost, I thought, 'why not?'
    Sorry, I'm not really any more savvy about hardware stuff than the average gamer. Is there a significant difference between the two, created by the smoother interaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Wait for Maxwell.

And I still think the I5 3570k is better than the 4670k. I use the 3570k and it's a breeze to OC, the 4670k is a pita. I built my GFs pc with the Haswell and every time I thought I had a stable OC, it would crash out eventually. My 3570k@4.5ghz, is stable on everything, everywhere.

Wait a bit OP, don't spend too quickly. And, remember, PC gamers are pretty much stuck with 90% console ports, for new games. An I5 anything and a GTX770, already destroys the current 'next-gen' consoles.
    Maxwell is the Nvidia 800 seires right? I imagine that would represent a pretty significant increase in price given the pricing tendency for brand new GPUs.

I understand the core concept of OC, but having never built from scratch, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the process itself and worry quite a bit about the risks involved, specifically the potential to burn out hardware--Is OCing difficult in general? Could I simply google instructions to perform a stable, relatively risk free OC? From what I understand OC tends to warrant liquid cooling as opposed to fans, is this correct?

Also, for 16GB RAM is 4x4 preferable or 2x8?

Thanks for all the quick replies and suggestions guys.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-04-21 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Maxwell is the 5th generation Intel chipsets. I think they're due any month now and overclocking is pretty simple.
    Maxwell is Nvidia, Broadwell is Intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would def agree with that Basemath is saying about the RAM. If you are going heavily mod Skyrim with Realvision or similar ENB setups then you will need the 16gb of RAM after setting it all up properly.

Alrighty.
    Really appreciate the help guys, thank you.