View Poll Results: Poll

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 12.88%
  • No

    257 87.12%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    No. I'm naturally depressed 24/7. I do get panicky though, because if you don't keep up with everyone you get left behind, cause once others are at a certain point. They only want other people at that point.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  2. #42
    I once did, that kinda stopped mid-ways inn WOTLK. Thats where my worst addiction was over, and wow prime was over for me. Cataclysme was okay, but nothing like the first many years.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  3. #43
    I get depressed or unhinged if I DO play WoW.

  4. #44
    I play on hours ends, if I can get something else to waste my time then sure. But I don't get depressed if I haven't played WoW or unhinged. I just need something to occupy myself until I find something else to do :P

  5. #45
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,642
    No but the people that play WoW definitely sometimes depress me.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  6. #46
    Stood in the Fire Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    487
    You have no idea what depression is if you think you feel it for not playing a damn computer game.
    Grab yer mace, and smash their face!

  7. #47
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    You have no idea what depression is if you think you feel it for not playing a damn computer game.
    Neither do you because there is no singular definition of depression.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  8. #48
    Pit Lord Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It is also a mood, like happiness, sadness, anger. There is a difference between a state of being depressed and cynical depression.
    That is true.

    Also, I do apologize for being a mistake nazi, but I believe you meant clinical.

    Cynical depression, now that's a mood disorder if there ever was one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    You have no idea what depression is if you think you feel it for not playing a damn computer game.
    Depression can be caused by pretty much anything and sometimes even by nothing. Lack of entertainment, such as your favourite video game, can certainly act as a trigger.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  9. #49
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Neither do you because there is no singular definition of depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    That is true.

    Also, I do apologize for being a mistake nazi, but I believe you meant clinical.

    Cynical depression, now that's a mood disorder if there ever was one.



    Depression can be caused by pretty much anything and sometimes even by nothing. Lack of entertainment, such as your favourite video game, can certainly act as a trigger.
    Though, a computer game has been proven that it can assist against depression though.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  10. #50
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,165
    I quit for 3 months recently. I only really came back because I'm out of a job and have nothing else to do with my time.

  11. #51
    High Overlord Shekita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You kidding me? I start to get unhinged if I do play WoW for too long. Can only deal with this community for so long and solo content is not all that exciting.
    ^ this. The WoW community is awful and at least in my circle of friends, it's the primary reason they all quit [myself included]. We're looking forward to WoD because we know we will all play with each other for awhile but we all know that will last 6 months before we're stuck doing LFR/LFD and having to deal with the rest of the community. When that happens, I imagine we will all quit.

    I'm way more relaxed NOT playing this game than I am. Hence why I'm no longer playing it lol.

    If one does become depressed/unhinged after not playing for awhile, that's an issue they should get help with. That's a sign of video game addiction which is indeed a real thing and it really can ruin ones life. I've witnessed it myself and they almost lost their kid over it, it's that serious. So yeah, if you exhibit negative feelings from NOT playing the game, it's time to disconnect and get help, be it professional or otherwise.

  12. #52
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    318
    i dont think its only not being able to play the game fucking with your vibes man, video games (especially MMOs imo) are great for escaping your personal problems. you can completely distract yourself from whats wrong IRL, so much so that when you cant play they hit you like a 2 ton heavy thing. best advise is to find and correct possible problem(s)

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral Icebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,078
    Since they introduced the Battle.net client chat, nope

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,929
    Find something else to replace your addiction to wow. (diablo3, path of exile, gym, swimming, chilling with friends or alone with awesome music)

    Personally I'd get depressed without the internet all together since it is a big part of my life. I don't read newspaper and don't watch TV at all since I just read my shit online and get all the info I need for the day ''news, weather, currency exchange rates, cooking recipes and all the good stuff''.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You kidding me? I start to get unhinged if I do play WoW for too long. Can only deal with this community for so long and solo content is not all that exciting.
    Same. I actually start to become happier when I take a few weeks off.

    Only thing I get bummed out about is the lack of content that lasts for awhile (that stays fun and exciting and not dailies). Be nice if blizzard constantly came out with new raids, dungeons, and zones every one - two months. Hell even new pets to catch would be great.

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    i dont think its only not being able to play the game fucking with your vibes man, video games (especially MMOs imo) are great for escaping your personal problems. you can completely distract yourself from whats wrong IRL, so much so that when you cant play they hit you like a 2 ton heavy thing. best advise is to find and correct possible problem(s)
    I admit your point is right, I used wow when my mother died and I must say it did a good job on supressing the pain really. But now that I think back, maybe it wasn't the right thing and I should have grieved more. But fuck my mentality back then it was all about farming, grinding and raiding.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizven View Post
    I do with the internet, not with wow. A computer without net is so boring >.>
    Big time, my service provider changed a few weeks ago and I was too lazy to pick up my new router from the post office. I wasn't sure when the switch date would be and it turned out to be a lot sooner than I expected. So for one whole night I had no internet whatsoever. Holy hell was I bored out of my mind.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome bungeebungee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC
    Posts
    681
    Memory fades with age. I vaguely remember that there used to be creatures called, eh, what did we call 'em? Oh, yeah. Women. They usually didn't have a big question mark over their head, but if you talked to them they could give you repeatable quests like "dinner". The quest chain beginning with "dinner and a bottle of wine" was often a favorite of mine. Some players used to claim drops that were epic or even legendary. Others complained that the microtransactions were sometimes excessive. Be careful about unlocking the quest chains though, several FoS are available as are titles such as "Daddy". The title "My Ex" frequently results in a debuff that reduces your available gold.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,709
    Not at all. I stopped playing WoW for a number of months and not once did I feel either unhinged or depressed over it.

    Now if we're talking about access to the Internet....

  20. #60
    High Overlord CodyHoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Ninth Circle of Hell
    Posts
    176
    To be honest, the only times I'm not playing WoW is when I have people to talk to, which is not very often (I've never been very social). Though if I get into a good friendship, I can quit for months and not even think about it. It's when I'm lonely that I start getting the urge to play again.
    From a psychological standpoint, I believe this may be a form of trying to pull myself from reality and not dealing with emotions at the forefront of my mind, i.e. depression, loneliness. I don't know if there are many other people that feel this way, though.

    Take that any way you'd like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •