Poll: Poll

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I once did, that kinda stopped mid-ways inn WOTLK. Thats where my worst addiction was over, and wow prime was over for me. Cataclysme was okay, but nothing like the first many years.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I get depressed or unhinged if I DO play WoW.

I play on hours ends, if I can get something else to waste my time then sure. But I don't get depressed if I haven't played WoW or unhinged. I just need something to occupy myself until I find something else to do :P

Deleted
    No but the people that play WoW definitely sometimes depress me.

Deleted
    You have no idea what depression is if you think you feel it for not playing a damn computer game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    You have no idea what depression is if you think you feel it for not playing a damn computer game.
    Neither do you because there is no singular definition of depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It is also a mood, like happiness, sadness, anger. There is a difference between a state of being depressed and cynical depression.
    That is true.

Also, I do apologize for being a mistake nazi, but I believe you meant clinical.

Cynical depression, now that's a mood disorder if there ever was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    Depression can be caused by pretty much anything and sometimes even by nothing. Lack of entertainment, such as your favourite video game, can certainly act as a trigger.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Neither do you because there is no singular definition of depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    That is true.

Also, I do apologize for being a mistake nazi, but I believe you meant clinical.

Cynical depression, now that's a mood disorder if there ever was one.

Depression can be caused by pretty much anything and sometimes even by nothing. Lack of entertainment, such as your favourite video game, can certainly act as a trigger.
    Though, a computer game has been proven that it can assist against depression though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I quit for 3 months recently. I only really came back because I'm out of a job and have nothing else to do with my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You kidding me? I start to get unhinged if I do play WoW for too long. Can only deal with this community for so long and solo content is not all that exciting.
    ^ this. The WoW community is awful and at least in my circle of friends, it's the primary reason they all quit [myself included]. We're looking forward to WoD because we know we will all play with each other for awhile but we all know that will last 6 months before we're stuck doing LFR/LFD and having to deal with the rest of the community. When that happens, I imagine we will all quit.

I'm way more relaxed NOT playing this game than I am. Hence why I'm no longer playing it lol.

If one does become depressed/unhinged after not playing for awhile, that's an issue they should get help with. That's a sign of video game addiction which is indeed a real thing and it really can ruin ones life. I've witnessed it myself and they almost lost their kid over it, it's that serious. So yeah, if you exhibit negative feelings from NOT playing the game, it's time to disconnect and get help, be it professional or otherwise.

i dont think its only not being able to play the game fucking with your vibes man, video games (especially MMOs imo) are great for escaping your personal problems. you can completely distract yourself from whats wrong IRL, so much so that when you cant play they hit you like a 2 ton heavy thing. best advise is to find and correct possible problem(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they introduced the Battle.net client chat, nope

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find something else to replace your addiction to wow. (diablo3, path of exile, gym, swimming, chilling with friends or alone with awesome music)

Personally I'd get depressed without the internet all together since it is a big part of my life. I don't read newspaper and don't watch TV at all since I just read my shit online and get all the info I need for the day ''news, weather, currency exchange rates, cooking recipes and all the good stuff''.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You kidding me? I start to get unhinged if I do play WoW for too long. Can only deal with this community for so long and solo content is not all that exciting.
    Same. I actually start to become happier when I take a few weeks off.

Only thing I get bummed out about is the lack of content that lasts for awhile (that stays fun and exciting and not dailies). Be nice if blizzard constantly came out with new raids, dungeons, and zones every one - two months. Hell even new pets to catch would be great.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    i dont think its only not being able to play the game fucking with your vibes man, video games (especially MMOs imo) are great for escaping your personal problems. you can completely distract yourself from whats wrong IRL, so much so that when you cant play they hit you like a 2 ton heavy thing. best advise is to find and correct possible problem(s)
    I admit your point is right, I used wow when my mother died and I must say it did a good job on supressing the pain really. But now that I think back, maybe it wasn't the right thing and I should have grieved more. But fuck my mentality back then it was all about farming, grinding and raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizven View Post
    I do with the internet, not with wow. A computer without net is so boring >.>
    Big time, my service provider changed a few weeks ago and I was too lazy to pick up my new router from the post office. I wasn't sure when the switch date would be and it turned out to be a lot sooner than I expected. So for one whole night I had no internet whatsoever. Holy hell was I bored out of my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memory fades with age. I vaguely remember that there used to be creatures called, eh, what did we call 'em? Oh, yeah. Women. They usually didn't have a big question mark over their head, but if you talked to them they could give you repeatable quests like "dinner". The quest chain beginning with "dinner and a bottle of wine" was often a favorite of mine. Some players used to claim drops that were epic or even legendary. Others complained that the microtransactions were sometimes excessive. Be careful about unlocking the quest chains though, several FoS are available as are titles such as "Daddy". The title "My Ex" frequently results in a debuff that reduces your available gold.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I stopped playing WoW for a number of months and not once did I feel either unhinged or depressed over it.

Now if we're talking about access to the Internet....

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the only times I'm not playing WoW is when I have people to talk to, which is not very often (I've never been very social). Though if I get into a good friendship, I can quit for months and not even think about it. It's when I'm lonely that I start getting the urge to play again.
    From a psychological standpoint, I believe this may be a form of trying to pull myself from reality and not dealing with emotions at the forefront of my mind, i.e. depression, loneliness. I don't know if there are many other people that feel this way, though.

Take that any way you'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is just another game to me. A game that I love, but still a game. I get a little depressed if I can't play any game for a long while.