Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't refuse to do anything.

They've said subraces/clans is a cool idea and they like it, but that it's low priority compared to updating the existing model.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Because dark iron dwarves do not start off in Coldridge Valley alongside Ironforge dwarves in which some of the last quests in your starting zone involve you fighting dark iron dwarves.

They'd either have to do another starting zone revamp or create an entirely separate starting zone for them.
    Like every race hasnt killed its own race somehow... Try siege of Orgrimmar, factions can fight within its own ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Sub race skins 25$ you watch

Btw I dont think all races need subraces, just equal for both factions: dwarves and orcs for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

If you want a lot of control over the way your avatar looks in the game, you're going to have to shop elsewhere.

Because if they do, they will have to give one free character re-customize...

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Haven't dwarves always had a dark iron option? I recall there's a grey dwarf with red eyes
    Nope. There are NPCs like you're describing (I remember several dwarves like that in the bar inside BRD) but not for player characters. There are options of darker skins (but not equal to dark irons') and no option for red eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Nope, the dark dwarf option with red pupils aren't Dark Irons.

Actual dark irons have much darker skin and lava eyes.

Wildhammer's have cool body tattoos.

You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did that they would have to do the same for all the other races that have sub-races to make it fair. Also, considering how long it is taking them just to release each individual model update I doubt they would add different skin options as part of the xpac. If they ever do it you can bet it will be a cash-shop option.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Because dark iron dwarves do not start off in Coldridge Valley alongside Ironforge dwarves in which some of the last quests in your starting zone involve you fighting dark iron dwarves.

They'd either have to do another starting zone revamp or create an entirely separate starting zone for them.
    Ding ding ding. I'd love to see this happen but I'm betting this is why they won't. Same way not ALL trolls are playable, only Darkspear trolls are, not ALL humans are playable, only Stormwind humans are, etc.

It wasn't just Moira and a few dozen bodyguards. It was, by and large, the Thorium Brotherhood as well, which was already friendly to player characters.

This is further evidenced by the presence of Hansel Heavyhands in the Alliance questing of WoD.

The cynic in me is sure that they will go on sale within the confines of the store. Hopefully that is not the case. But it would seem like an easy fix. Add a racial blurb to dwarven starting quests which fight and/or reference Dark Irons negatively. EG: "Curse those bloody Dark Iron Dwarves! ...oh.. except you Thorium Brotherhood lads. Ye're alright I s'pose."

More immersion breaking has happened elsewhere in the game for much less advantage to the players. And many different races would have viable subrace options. Dwarves have plentiful ones with the Dark Irons and the Wildhammers. Orcs have both the Mag'Har and Dragonmaw skins available to them reasonably, now. Not all of the Dragonmaw would have been slain at Orgrimmar, surely. Trolls could have the option to be Revantusk forest trolls. ..Or heck, any variety of troll considering that every Troll nation individually and then a coalition of them were shattered by the time Isle of Thunder ended and wandering individuals looking for somewhere to belong wouldn't be too much of a stretch. All of those would simply require access to a different color palette, a racial blurb in some quests and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunduus View Post
    It wasn't just Moira and a few dozen bodyguards. It was, by and large, the Thorium Brotherhood as well, which was already friendly to player characters.

This is further evidenced by the presence of Hansel Heavyhands in the Alliance questing of WoD.

The cynic in me is sure that they will go on sale within the confines of the store. Hopefully that is not the case. But it would seem like an easy fix. Add a racial blurb to dwarven starting quests which fight and/or reference Dark Irons negatively. EG: "Curse those bloody Dark Iron Dwarves! ...oh.. except you Thorium Brotherhood lads. Ye're alright I s'pose."

More immersion breaking has happened elsewhere in the game for much less advantage to the players. And many different races would have viable subrace options. Dwarves have plentiful ones with the Dark Irons and the Wildhammers. Orcs have both the Mag'Har and Dragonmaw skins available to them reasonably, now. Not all of the Dragonmaw would have been slain at Orgrimmar, surely. Trolls could have the option to be Revantusk forest trolls. ..Or heck, any variety of troll considering that every Troll nation individually and then a coalition of them were shattered by the time Isle of Thunder ended and wandering individuals looking for somewhere to belong wouldn't be too much of a stretch. All of those would simply require access to a different color palette, a racial blurb in some quests and that's it.
    I have a feeling that we are going to get sub-races en-mass this expansion. We know that BRS is getting a revamp, which most likely means the Iron Horde kicks the Dark Irons out of Shadowforge City, thus eliminating most of the hostile Dark Irons.

Vol'jin is the new Warchief and the Council of Elders is squashed, they will likely flock to the Troll lead Horde now.

A large number of Grimtotem Tauren are already reunited with the Mulgore Tauren under Jevan Grimtotem.

Mimiron and the Mecha-Gnomes have been chatting up the Explorer's Guild and the Gnomes for the last 3 expansions.

Mag'har and Dragonmaw Orcs are already in the Horde.

The surviving San'layn's free will is restored and they are homeless.

There are so many options for sub-races they could be implemented whenever they feel like it. Really hoping they don't become shop purchases, but I can understand if they do.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They're not refusing.

They'll make them available........via the Bli$$ard shop
    it's SO going to happen and y'all know it

I'm REALLY looking forward to my Dark Iron priestess eventually getting an actual Dark Iron skin. I even fooled around in photoshop to make the new model look like I picture her in my head. I love my wicked sly old lady and it'd be amazing to see her with the skin and eyes she should have. Ah, someday... I also don't see an issue with the start area, there's no more or less weirdness in it than already exists all over the game. Quest around Northrend as a Worgen or a DK sometime to see what I mean.

Here she is using the model viewer to see her remodel face with the 'gray' skin and red eyes.

And here's the manipulated image to how I imagine her, with a proper Dark Iron skin. Basically how I wish she looked. I know the eyebrows are a pipe dream as female characters never get cool options like that but still...
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2014-04-22 at 07:58 AM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

It's a bit more complicated than just enabling it in character creation.

Because sub races will be the selling point of another expansion. I mean, I would roll them like that. More customization, less lore and starting gameplayto implement, pure profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    Actually, only a handful are part of the alliance, namely Moira, her son, and a few of her guards which are loyal to her, the rest of them are still loyal to Thaurisan and joined the Twilight's Hammer... We cannot play as them because their storyline has not been completed yet...and for various other reasons like currently no other race has playable subraces...once they're all "equal" maybe blizzard will let us, they've said it's something they'd like to do but we have no ETA
    Considering that the dark iron dwarves nearly outnumber their fairer-skinned cousins in the Shrine of Seven Stars, I think it's safe to say that a good number of them joined the Alliance, not just Moira's chosen few.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

I'm sorry for thread necromancy but... it's been over a year and this hasn't even been touched on by Blizz. I for one would indeed be VERY interested in Dark Iron and Wildhammer skin options for Dwarves. The pseudo Dark Iron skin colors are kinda lame. We need http://i.imgur.com/VlYRRdB.jpg to be a reality...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I mean c'mon they're a part of the Alliance now...
    If I recall, not all Dark Iron are part of the Alliance, there are some that are rather disapproving of the whole thing as well. Though, overall, your topic is just another section of sub-race discussions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Ding ding ding. I'd love to see this happen but I'm betting this is why they won't. Same way not ALL trolls are playable, only Darkspear trolls are, not ALL humans are playable, only Stormwind humans are, etc.
    As of cata, 'ironforge dwarf' can stand for wildhammer, dark iron, or bronzebeard.