Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Jesus the man did in fact live and was executed by the Romans. That is written of in many Roman texts. It is historical fact. Mentioning the name Jesus does not make a subject religious. Ask Muslims or Jews if they think Jesus to be the son of God. Both acknowledge the man. This is not a religious debate nor was this thread created to invoke such a response.
    Muslims acknowledge the man, because he's rather central to their faith. Muslims denouncing Jesus would be like Muslims denouncing Muhammed. It's not likely to happen.
    Jews... Might out of some sort of politeness.
    But it is certainly NOT 'written of in many roman texts.' If it were, you could find a source for me that proves it. The few snippets that exists are fake, however. Does this disprove the existence of Jesus of Nazareth? No. Does it prove it, however? Also no.

You should read the rationalwiki linked above (by PRE 9-11). Whether or not he existed is not the important part of this, however. It's a religious debate because there is no evidence that he did (unfalsifiable claims and all that), is a strongly religious figure (undeniable), and is the figure central to the author's beliefs. Furthermore, the story is politically focussed hogwash full of confirmation bias.

Again; look at the links provided to you. Compare information, writing styles, arguments. Deduce from causalities rather than gut-feelings.

No, a man named Jesus Christ never existed!

But a prophet with a real name did actually exist at the time of proposed "Jesus Christ" in the first century. It was Appolonius of Tyana.

What are considered miracles of Jesus are actually miracles of Appolonius. Most of the gospels are actually his!

The death of Jesus in The Bible is nothing else than a perpetrated hoax, lie and manipulation to relinquish men of their own responsibility and to subjugate their mind to the authority of power, governments aka ruling elite!

Appolonius actually lived for about 100 years after all.

It was at the interest of the rulling elite even in that time, to hid the real identity about "The Prophet" and only told what suit them at that time and even after a long period of time.

In the name of self interest, truth is sabotaged all the time from the time immemorial!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

What do you think you are doing, Aborted? You cannot escape our vision. We see everything. We control everything. Do not think your transgression will be forgiven. We are coming.
    That's cute.

I don't really care if he existed or not, or for what reason he was killed.
    What matters to me is if he did or did not return from the dead and did other miracles etc, ofcourse if he didn't exist thene he couldn't do any of those things, but you get my point.

Kim Jong-il for example was a real person, but I seriously doubt he had the powers his followers claimed.(I'm not saying jezus is like that guy, just an example)

Deleted
    It probably was the illuminati who killed Jesus man, with their triangles and stuff

- edit Haha Nixx beat me to it

I care because he was executed. As should anyone that gives a damn about history.
    People are executed all the time. Some who are innocent. But, I bet you can't name one that died in 2004 without looking it up. I bet you didn't even know that there were innocent people that were executed in this country(USA) by the government. Why care about a single man that may not have lived at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    People are executed all the time. Some who are innocent. But, I bet you can't name one that died in 2004 without looking it up. I bet you didn't even know that there were innocent people that were executed in this country(USA) by the government. Why care about a single man that may or may not have lived at all?
    Cause it's JESUS, the creator of the USAA

I care because he was executed. As should anyone that gives a damn about history.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet it's historical fact that he did... as did many others. That was how the Roman Empire executed people. It was very common... that or being fed to lions in the arena.
    It's also historical fact that Zeus was the king of the gods and had a lot of sons running around, doing historical deeds.

When you're living in a time where you believe the most bullshit supernatural crap and have no ounce of reason in your head, it's easy to believe a man's lie. But sadly some of those people still exist today

Can we please try to stay on the topic of the thread and not rant about religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet it has nothing to do with religion to begin with. The man living and being executed is historical fact. I don't understand why people can't simply read a well written article without attacking me for posting it.
    It is not historical fact. There are no documentation of him ever existing besides the Bible and Josephous. And this is why religion is not debated here. There is nothing backing it up besides faith and half assed research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads about religion or conspiracy theories aren't allowed here, and this is both.