Poll: Do you have an urge to kill fleeing players?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I usually use that reaction to my advantage by dragging unsuspecting enemies away from their support, and then destroying them effortlessly.

I can't tell you the amount of people i have killed because they chased me when I ran from them, not because I can't fight them, because I didn't feel like it at the time. Running doesn't always mean a sign of weakness.

Even wild animals consider self preservation when going after prey. The act of attacking and not thinking cause you think you're stronger is a human instinct brought on by arrogance.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I usually don't engage in open world PvP. If someone starts attacking me and I have no way to kill them (i.e. they're 90 and I'm leveling) I just stand still and let myself be killed. If I'm on my main I will start fighting back. Unfortunately most fights are picked unfairly, as when someone tries to kill me and I start attacking them as well, they have 1-2 back up friends joining in..

Best part is when some douche attacked you first and keeps attacking you while failing every time. Had a DK attack me 3 times in a row before he gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I'm curious how you feel about this because I have noticed my self that when someone tries to flee I seriously want to kill them. :s

I'm not leaving something unguarded to do so, but I would like to run after them.

Got me thinking maybe there is even something primal going on here since running a way from a predator is usually one of the dumbest things you can do since this can trigger an attack.
    Maybe the other guy just didn't put a lot of faith in you.

No seriously, a lot of this arises from people playing together as something that is supposed to be a team but isn't due to a severe lack in communications. Combine that with inexperience and you get the standard WoW BG player. In other games, you know, comparable PvP battles are so complex and overwhelming that whole servers are practically forced to join on a single TS in order to get anything done. And they do and follow the orders of a small group of leading players. Good luck trying to do that in WoW with its fast food PvP.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Best part is when some douche attacked you first and keeps attacking you while failing every time. Had a DK attack me 3 times in a row before he gave up.
    It's even more edge-of-seat-exciting when they don't give up and proceed to spend the next 15 minutes following you round the BG slowing and attacking you.

I had this SO FUCKING MUCH playing Resto, and it was nearly always Hunters & DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    It's even more edge-of-seat-exciting when they don't give up and proceed to spend the next 15 minutes following you round the BG slowing and attacking you.

I had this SO FUCKING MUCH playing Resto, and it was nearly always Hunters & DK's.
    I meant world pvp but sure
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    When they start to run I always think: "Oh no, you don't." and proceed to follow them to the ends of the Earth to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    So do I, I find the very idea of people fleeing when they are about to lose pathetic, and wants to make sure they don't get away.
    Usually, they attack me, but as soon as the fight doen't go their way, they try and run away, pathetic. That is why I make an attempt to try and kill all pathetic Hordes who attack me.

Deleted
    Depends on the situation. I'm more focused on the objective than individual kills so I won't chase down a fleeing opponent if it means leaving a teammate of mine in the shit, or leaving a guarded objective.

Im not that bothered about getting the kill.
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2014-04-27 at 12:45 PM.