AH Competior Sending me mailbox junk

Good Morning,

An AH competitor randomly sends stacks of junk to my mailbox as an annoyance. Normally I just vendor, but it does get annoying. Does anyone know if there are rules against this? If I report to a GM will anything be done?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    He's giving you more money, isn't he?

On a serious note, I don't think it is "illegal". But you could put him on ignore.

Well, you do tell him to stop, and he continues, then it can be considered harrassment

Like Alextros says, tell him to stop, if he doesn't, report him for harassment. There should be a Report Spam button in your mailbox. Ignoring his characters he sends the spam with also might work - if he still continues, with different characters, report him straight with proper Blizzard ticket and hopefully that makes the Game Master investigate immediatly.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Good Morning,

An AH competitor randomly sends stacks of junk to my mailbox as an annoyance. Normally I just vendor, but it does get annoying. Does anyone know if there are rules against this? If I report to a GM will anything be done?

Thanks
    Likely takes him as long to send it to you as it does for you to vendor it. /shrug

So long as he doesn't overwhelm Blizzard's capacity to send you mail you're probably fine. I'd still see if it's worth reporting, since if it's a bannable offense you'll suddenly have much less competition.

Define junk.
    Even if its just a couple silvers worth i'd just keep vendoring it.
    Or, what i would more likely do, flood him back!
    A couple days worth of him finding his mailbox full might end up in him calling a truce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Define junk.
    Even if its just a couple silvers worth i'd just keep vendoring it.
    Or, what i would more likely do, flood him back!
    A couple days worth of him finding his mailbox full might end up in him calling a truce.
    Yup, create a "Send All Greys to Douchebag Carl" operation in TSM, and it's two clicks to send it back.

Deleted
    Haha yeah, just send him useless stuff back or if he keeps going on, report him for harassment.

you could very simply hit the return button to accomplish the same task
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Thanks all,

Really appreciate the feedback.

Sounds hilarious

Otherwise just get the AddOns 'Postal' and 'Crap Away!' so you can automatically loot & vendor all the junk you receive in your mailbox That's what I'd do if it's still worth a few silvers

What sort of junk is he sending you btw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Yup, create a "Send All Greys to Douchebag Carl" operation in TSM, and it's two clicks to send it back.
    Listen to this guy. This guy offers solid advice.

Id just report him over and over for harassment.

But Tordenflesks idea would be much win

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he/she likes you and is flirting with you since you share common interests in the AH?

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't do the same thing back, then the same thing that he could get in trouble for he could apply to you; perhaps he/she is trying to make you do somethign like that so he can report YOU and get YOU banned :O
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Maybe he/she likes you and is flirting with you since you share common interests in the AH?

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't do the same thing back, then the same thing that he could get in trouble for he could apply to you; perhaps he/she is trying to make you do somethign like that so he can report YOU and get YOU banned :O
    Which is why you report them for harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Good Morning,

Thanks
    How much is the average value of the trash mails he sends you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    I think its quite funny but would get tedious after a while. To tha end id ask hom one on cat to stop and if he didnt then id go straight to the harassment route. Just put them on ignore and it stops them sending mail. If they then start using other characters to send you junk mail there will come a time it will be regarded as harassment.

You arent outsmarting them sending junk mail.

Nohara
    They are multimillionairs anyways, they dont need the gold. They hardly even spend it. Some of them have been non stop on the AH for over 5 years, but when you look at their mounts and pets, it gets clear they dont spend a dime.
    What business is it of yours what they spend or dont spend their money on?
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2014-04-24 at 09:05 AM.

But the question is, who is/was dominating the market? Got some people on my realm who deserve this treatment aswell, as they undercut within a minute of each gem, enchant, glyph etc post. Although thats annoying, it is not 'illegal', outsmarting them with sending junk mail seems justified! They are multimillionairs anyways, they dont need the gold. They hardly even spend it. Some of them have been non stop on the AH for over 5 years, but when you look at their mounts and pets, it gets clear they dont spend a dime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    But the question is, who is/was dominating the market? Got some people on my realm who deserve this treatment aswell, as they undercut within a minute of each gem, enchant, glyph etc post. Although thats annoying, it is not 'illegal', outsmarting them with sending junk mail seems justified! They are multimillionairs anyways, they dont need the gold. They hardly even spend it. Some of them have been non stop on the AH for over 5 years, but when you look at their mounts and pets, it gets clear they dont spend a dime.
    It's never justified. If you can't beat them when it comes to Dominance, you just shouldn't keep trying anymore. Slowing them down with a full Mailbox won't help you at all and is the douchiest thing one could do, especially if one can't even play the AH as good as they do. And even though they don't spend a dime, they still have the right to play the AH. Why stop? Once the Expansion hits they'll be spending at least a 200k-1m on the AH for starter Gear, playing or overall the common needs when an Expansion hits.