Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You totally forgot PET bringing friends in dungeons.

Classic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If only people could post equally long, math'd out informative posts that are actually legit.
    Quoted for truthiness. Though, at the front of the expansion, especially with the new talents, I expect many of us are going to have to do some deep dives.

P.S. Um... getting back on course... anyone have an expression editor string for checking the jumping of raiders? I'm trying to keep a closer eye on my hunters!

Deleted
    Can't you just use levitate?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Can't you just use levitate?????????????????
    cant jump while levitating, dps loss. I've been over this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    cant jump while levitating, dps loss. I've been over this.
    So it's the act of going up and down not air time in it self that is the DPS boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If only people could post equally long, math'd out informative posts that are actually legit.
    It would lead to more name calling, I bet.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    So it's the act of going up and down not air time in it self that is the DPS boost?
    it's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power. Same principle applies to hunter, once you get good you can synch your big damage shots with when your jump lands to get that extra dps.

for newer players just jumping every time you can is fine, synching jumps to shots is only like a 1.5% dps increase anyway.

I heard that disengage works as improved jumping, because due to power usage, jumping with disengage uses more effort. So does it boost the damage if i use disengage right after i jump? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    I heard that disengage works as improved jumping, because due to power usage, jumping with disengage uses more effort. So does it boost the damage if i use disengage right after i jump? Please help.
    disengage should be used on cd anyway since it procs trinkets. However the usage to increase DPS is questionable since you are in the air for longer and therefore it's only one jump compared to the amount of jumps you could have done in that time.

I must say I always considered myself something of a pro, but this guide has REALLY improved my DPS. I haven't been jumping nearly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

I was planning to use it during next raid but i changed my mind thanks to you. I will keep spamming my spacebar.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a pro hunter (top dps on the target dummy against some afk warlock and 2 guys doing pet battles) I will reveal the ultimate dps secret to our jumping dps method: Roll a goblin because the racial is key to being #1 in dps parses worldwide.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    As a pro hunter (top dps on the target dummy against some afk warlock and 2 guys doing pet battles) I will reveal the ultimate dps secret to our jumping dps method: Roll a goblin because the racial is key to being #1 in dps parses worldwide.
    That racial allows for the rumored Quint-Jump. First you do a normal jump, then you Disengage, then before you land you jump again into the Racial, then jump again before landing, giving 5 total jumps without touching the ground. You can swap the Racial and Disengage as long as you get 5 jumps in. But, the racial on the 4th allows you to jump face first into a boss with a mega MD to a Disc Priest so that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    That racial allows for the rumored Quint-Jump. First you do a normal jump, then you Disengage, then before you land you jump again into the Racial, then jump again before landing, giving 5 total jumps without touching the ground. You can swap the Racial and Disengage as long as you get 5 jumps in. But, the racial on the 4th allows you to jump face first into a boss with a mega MD to a Disc Priest so that's that.
    I'm just gonna quote you, cause it's a nice feature and I like it. I have nothing to add in your post. [Btw, was the one-liners usefull?!]

I'm thinking of rerolling nelf cause of the somersaults. We can all agree that the dmg increase is present versus other races. But how does it multiply and does it scale with gear, lvl or something else?

I've heard it to be:

1x somersault -> 1.25% flat damage increase - stacking.
    2x somersaults in a row -> 3% flat damage increase - stacking
    And of course they stack throughout the encounter, from pull to kill/wipe.

Is that the correct math for it?

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Rocket jump = more DPS trust me I'm going goblin now that I thought of this and theorycrafted 4 hours figuring it all out

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I'm just gonna quote you, cause it's a nice feature and I like it. I have nothing to add in your post. [Btw, was the one-liners usefull?!]

I'm thinking of rerolling nelf cause of the somersaults. We can all agree that the dmg increase is present versus other races. But how does it multiply and does it scale with gear, lvl or something else?

I've heard it to be:

1x somersault -> 1.25% flat damage increase - stacking.
    2x somersaults in a row -> 3% flat damage increase - stacking
    And of course they stack throughout the encounter, from pull to kill/wipe.

Is that the correct math for it?
    Rolling Nelf will only be beneficial to you if you name yourself "Xlegolasx"

Deleted
    Definetly going to be using this as a guide in the future on how to hunter 101

legoüüüüssss

This really needs a sticky still, took me too long to re-find this beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the more hit rating you get, the more likely you are to headshot your target, dealing 800% critical damage. It is highly recommended to get about 20% hit rating in order to see regular headshots.

As you'd expect, getting a headshot in midair results in a total of 1337% critical damage. Achieving it with a spin is not recommended as you will crash the game because blizzard cannot store the value of the resulting damage in a 32 bit unsigned integer.

Headshots also allow you to choose between two different playstyles:
    - Aim to win: If you utilise the First person view when trying to get headshots, you can manually aim at the targets head (some targets have oddly defined heads, so do your research on the models beforehand). This manual targeting scales your hit rating up, bringing it up by 80% if you are perfectly on target. This is why 20% from gear is often recommended.
    - No-scope: If you press Alt-Z, you perform no-scope headshots. This scales directly with your hit rating from gear, will always allow you to top the meters (don't press Alt-Z again or you will lose your DPS done).

PS: Just a note for pet training: The more expertise you have, the better you are at grooming your pet. Pets love to be nice and clean and will do a little more damage as a result. Just don't neglect your hit rating in the process. Once you get to roughly 20% hit rating, try to aim for at least 10% expertise.