Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    You totally forgot PET bringing friends in dungeons.

    Classic move.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If only people could post equally long, math'd out informative posts that are actually legit.
    Quoted for truthiness. Though, at the front of the expansion, especially with the new talents, I expect many of us are going to have to do some deep dives.

    P.S. Um... getting back on course... anyone have an expression editor string for checking the jumping of raiders? I'm trying to keep a closer eye on my hunters!

  3. #123
    Can't you just use levitate?????????????????

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Can't you just use levitate?????????????????
    cant jump while levitating, dps loss. I've been over this.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    cant jump while levitating, dps loss. I've been over this.
    So it's the act of going up and down not air time in it self that is the DPS boost?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If only people could post equally long, math'd out informative posts that are actually legit.
    It would lead to more name calling, I bet.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    So it's the act of going up and down not air time in it self that is the DPS boost?
    it's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power. Same principle applies to hunter, once you get good you can synch your big damage shots with when your jump lands to get that extra dps.

    for newer players just jumping every time you can is fine, synching jumps to shots is only like a 1.5% dps increase anyway.

  8. #128
    I heard that disengage works as improved jumping, because due to power usage, jumping with disengage uses more effort. So does it boost the damage if i use disengage right after i jump? Please help.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    I heard that disengage works as improved jumping, because due to power usage, jumping with disengage uses more effort. So does it boost the damage if i use disengage right after i jump? Please help.
    disengage should be used on cd anyway since it procs trinkets. However the usage to increase DPS is questionable since you are in the air for longer and therefore it's only one jump compared to the amount of jumps you could have done in that time.

  10. #130
    I must say I always considered myself something of a pro, but this guide has REALLY improved my DPS. I haven't been jumping nearly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

  11. #131
    I was planning to use it during next raid but i changed my mind thanks to you. I will keep spamming my spacebar.

  12. #132
    Dreadlord WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    979
    As a pro hunter (top dps on the target dummy against some afk warlock and 2 guys doing pet battles) I will reveal the ultimate dps secret to our jumping dps method: Roll a goblin because the racial is key to being #1 in dps parses worldwide.
    Here come the Irish.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    As a pro hunter (top dps on the target dummy against some afk warlock and 2 guys doing pet battles) I will reveal the ultimate dps secret to our jumping dps method: Roll a goblin because the racial is key to being #1 in dps parses worldwide.
    That racial allows for the rumored Quint-Jump. First you do a normal jump, then you Disengage, then before you land you jump again into the Racial, then jump again before landing, giving 5 total jumps without touching the ground. You can swap the Racial and Disengage as long as you get 5 jumps in. But, the racial on the 4th allows you to jump face first into a boss with a mega MD to a Disc Priest so that's that.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  14. #134
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    That racial allows for the rumored Quint-Jump. First you do a normal jump, then you Disengage, then before you land you jump again into the Racial, then jump again before landing, giving 5 total jumps without touching the ground. You can swap the Racial and Disengage as long as you get 5 jumps in. But, the racial on the 4th allows you to jump face first into a boss with a mega MD to a Disc Priest so that's that.
    I'm just gonna quote you, cause it's a nice feature and I like it. I have nothing to add in your post. [Btw, was the one-liners usefull?!]

    I'm thinking of rerolling nelf cause of the somersaults. We can all agree that the dmg increase is present versus other races. But how does it multiply and does it scale with gear, lvl or something else?

    I've heard it to be:

    1x somersault -> 1.25% flat damage increase - stacking.
    2x somersaults in a row -> 3% flat damage increase - stacking
    And of course they stack throughout the encounter, from pull to kill/wipe.

    Is that the correct math for it?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    As a pro hunter (top dps on the target dummy against some afk warlock and 2 guys doing pet battles) I will reveal the ultimate dps secret to our jumping dps method: Roll a goblin because the racial is key to being #1 in dps parses worldwide.
    Rocket jump = more DPS trust me I'm going goblin now that I thought of this and theorycrafted 4 hours figuring it all out


    All Hunter Raids ~Conquering SoO flex bosses this weekend~ Hunter IRC

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I'm just gonna quote you, cause it's a nice feature and I like it. I have nothing to add in your post. [Btw, was the one-liners usefull?!]

    I'm thinking of rerolling nelf cause of the somersaults. We can all agree that the dmg increase is present versus other races. But how does it multiply and does it scale with gear, lvl or something else?

    I've heard it to be:

    1x somersault -> 1.25% flat damage increase - stacking.
    2x somersaults in a row -> 3% flat damage increase - stacking
    And of course they stack throughout the encounter, from pull to kill/wipe.

    Is that the correct math for it?
    Rolling Nelf will only be beneficial to you if you name yourself "Xlegolasx"

  17. #137
    Definetly going to be using this as a guide in the future on how to hunter 101

  18. #138

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •